Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help Help Help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Help Help Help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help Help Help - 3/9/2008 10:42:11 PM   
MSO94

I can't belive and don't understand this at all

I have running the PIFL games this season. Scott and Gary have made playbooks for some of the teams.
Most teams use a playbook by Scott

The scores are crazy these are all Indoor games
101-0
149-29
127-15
52-9
51-6

What is going on
the 101-0 game both teams used the same playbook

Help Please nobody in the indoor game is gonna shut anybody out and dang sure for a 101-0 game.

Post #: 1
RE: Help Help Help - 3/9/2008 10:57:22 PM   
garysorrell

Michael, how are the boxscores looking for the teams....do you see lots of teams with low or no stats for a game?

Also, go to each teams Depth Chart, and look at the 'Formation' view, not the roster view.

Do you see teams with an '0' at positions?

May not be the issue, but the 20 man roster can be tough to manage. For instance, the Aviators had 1 RB...so any formation that may have called for a FB would go wonky. If the computer doesnt have a player to fill a spot, it generates one temporarily. They usually arent very good. You will see them during a game with FB or WR on their back instead of a name. But I dont think any stats they acrue are recorded anywhere.

Also, keep in mind the PIFL league file is pre 2.0, and if you are using any of my old plays, they are pre 2.0 also....at least most of them.

Send me the league file and the plays/playbooks you are using and I will look at it.

< Message edited by garysorrell -- 3/9/2008 10:58:21 PM >

(in reply to MSO94)
Post #: 2
RE: Help Help Help - 3/10/2008 1:25:35 AM   
MSO94

Sent Sir.

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 3
RE: Help Help Help - 3/10/2008 2:31:37 AM   
garysorrell

Im watching Pensacola at Opelika now. Both assigned the PIFL.pbk

I started a game and Pensacola had half its offense as quick generated guys.

I backed out, set both teams depth charts and its currently 33-14 Pensacola at the half

It's very possible a lot of the problem could be depth charts. I would go thru each team this week, using the 'Formation' view and set their depth that way. Or at least make sure that each formation, offense and defense, has no '0' spots
**The reason I say use the 'Formation' view instead of 'Roster' view is that roster view is kind of a general depth chart, it can be set even if there is no playbook assigned to a team. But 'Formation' view is where you can set a depth chart specifically for the formations in your playbook.**

Then run the games.

You may see some different results. It could be that the remote files just arent working right. And thats not necessarily the games fault. All old league files, PIFL, NCFL, and any 2.0, 2.18 or earlier, will have to be reset for the new update. They should have been reset for 2.0 if they were 1.something.

It's now 47-21 Pensacola in the third.

I will keep looking at this, try a few other games.

< Message edited by garysorrell -- 3/10/2008 2:32:29 AM >

(in reply to MSO94)
Post #: 4
RE: Help Help Help - 3/10/2008 4:42:44 AM   
Marauders

Perhaps there are new formations that do not have filled depth charts. 

Post #: 5
RE: Help Help Help - 3/10/2008 5:39:30 AM   
garysorrell

I noticed one problem that was relevant to several teams, including Pensacola. Some teams have 1 RB, and a couple of the formations from Scott_war, and even a couple from the default playbook, call for a HB and FB.

It appears that there are no other positions that can be substituted for RBs. Only RBs can play HB and FB.

There were several formations that had '0' at one of the rb slots. Also, a couple teams had '0' at Center, not sure what was wrong here as there was a OL available and I added him.
And there is an issue with the last CM slot not being filled in the Kickoff formation. Thats a bug David has fixed.

Any of these '0' instances will result in a generic guy being generated temporarily.

Used to you could substitute out all kinds of players at different positions. David obviously restricted this at some point. I understand wnating to keep people from using 99 DBs at RB and KRs with 89 Catch at WR, but it can cause havoc with smaller rosters. A 20 man roster really needs more flexibility at most positions.

Anyway, most of the teams with issues were the ones that are being hammered weekly. As I showed earlier, adjust the Avs roster and they played the way I had intended for them to. But the Team Profile for the Avs was set up for my playbook. It had no 2nd or 3rd RBs in any formations.

Im sending you an adjusted league file, all teams depth charts adjusted to the pifl_balanced playbook. The exception being Birmingham. His team uses his own Playbook and I dont have it.

I was able to get DBs at the 2nd RB spot on the teams that needed it. But it was via a glitch in the 'Formation' view. It doesnt always work.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 6
RE: Help Help Help - 3/10/2008 6:10:38 AM   
garysorrell

Actually, I was checking, and I think most positions are fine, as far as who can play where.

I would like to see another position be able to play RB, also be able to assign a QB to punt.

Post #: 7
RE: Help Help Help - 3/10/2008 6:38:47 AM   
Marauders

If people have two back formations and only one back on the roster, they deserve to lose 101-0.

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Help Help Help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI