Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tutorial Missions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Tutorial Missions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tutorial Missions - 3/11/2008 3:52:21 AM   
gbnf

Would GIUK 1.0 be considered the tutorial mission? I finally bought the game (download/physical) and I wanted to make sure I would be starting with the easiest scenario tonight. At least until I get use to this new type of game interface and make all the inevitable novice mistakes. What other scenarios would be good for beginners?
Post #: 1
RE: Tutorial Missions - 3/11/2008 3:58:47 AM   
TonyE

WestPac 1.0 might be even better, there is much less variability in detection there, GIUK 1.0 can be a bit of a blind hunt.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to gbnf)
Post #: 2
RE: Tutorial Missions - 3/11/2008 4:13:17 AM   
gbnf

So even with the 24 page walkthrough GIUK 1.0 is more tedious than West Pac 1.0?  I am assuming that all the 1.0 missions for the different battlesets are the beginner/entry level mission.  I know its probably a silly question, but as much as naval sims have interested me in the past, I have no actual experience war sims, let alone naval ones.  I just trying not to get in too deep and get frustrated.

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 3
RE: Tutorial Missions - 3/11/2008 4:22:50 AM   
TonyE

Yup, I made WestPac 1.0 based on GIUK 1.0 except updated for the new features in HCE and with less variability and less waiting.

Find a quick and dirty printout of the orders at http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=263 they may help you out. I wouldn't hesitate to have the manual open to the GIUK 1.0 instructions for any other tidbits.

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to gbnf)
Post #: 4
RE: Tutorial Missions - 3/11/2008 4:24:41 AM   
TonyE

doh!  The orders say it is scenario 6.0, and at one point it was, the scenario really is WestPac 1.0

You mentioned a theory on each of the 1.0 missions being easier than say the 9.0 missions. That isn't always true, sometimes the first scenario of a battleset gets the point across to the player that things are bad, very bad

< Message edited by TonyE -- 3/11/2008 4:30:42 AM >

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 5
RE: Tutorial Missions - 3/11/2008 4:35:44 AM   
gbnf

Thank you very much .  I believe that once I get use to the interface I should do okay in the beginner scenarios.  I've read the various Harpoon strategy guides and battlebook, along with all the info I could find on the net (including these forums).

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Tutorial Missions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI