Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Some screen shots

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory >> RE: Some screen shots Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Some screen shots - 3/9/2008 1:42:47 PM   
Hard Sarge

a Squardron of Canes, just sitting there

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 31
RE: Some screen shots - 3/9/2008 1:44:05 PM   
Hard Sarge

hmmm, them buggers are HARD to kill when they standing still !!!

rather knock them out of the sky

my boys seem to be having some fun too, they keep getting in my way

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 32
RE: Some screen shots - 3/9/2008 1:45:15 PM   
Hard Sarge

a Job well, done, and time to put on a show for the boys sitting in the trenches

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 33
RE: Some screen shots - 3/9/2008 7:47:14 PM   
buddye

Hi Sarge,

Great action shots and story line. Shows some of the BOBII effects as well.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 34
RE: Some screen shots - 3/9/2008 8:49:45 PM   
Hard Sarge

people don't know what there missing, if they don't get a chance to see it

and to be honest, the game looks alot better then the screen shots

what is impressive is getting into a large battle

nothing like 90 He 111s, with 36 Bf 110s with 36 Bf 109s on high cover, matching up with 60 some Spits and Canes

talk about a furball

screenshots don't show what those are like

(in reply to buddye)
Post #: 35
RE: Some screen shots - 3/9/2008 9:24:28 PM   
Matto

I love this game too ... I started Pilot Campaign like hurricane pilot in 310.squadron, but found hurry pilot life too hard ... so now playing 54.squadron with spits and it is really fun ... great game

Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... :o)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 36
RE: Some screen shots - 3/9/2008 10:19:07 PM   
Hard Sarge

Ahhh, Canes are fun, they just can't go up, but they are great vs the Bombers and the 110

get the 109s down on the deck and then the Cane can do some tricks

just don't fly in a stright line

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 37
RE: Some screen shots - 3/9/2008 10:31:16 PM   
Matto

I had a problem, that my squadron was moved to Lympe airfield and here we had usually problem to attack from good height ... and one time we were ambushed by 110s during take of ... 8 hurries was shot down in one minute ... expect mine

My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 38
RE: Some screen shots - 3/9/2008 10:45:52 PM   
Hard Sarge

roger
those are ruff bases :)

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 39
RE: Some screen shots - 3/9/2008 11:22:56 PM   
Hard Sarge

ahhh, kind of bummed, this one didn't come out close to what it looked like when it happened

heck, I don't even know what I hit, but it was a big one

I was in the middle of nothing but flames

I had to advance the game a few seconds to get out of the flames and get a snapshot of it

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 40
RE: Some screen shots - 3/10/2008 5:35:11 AM   
buddye

Yes, screen shots are very good but do not tell the whole story that playing the game does. The video below will give you a small sample of a BOBII large air battle but again it is not like playing the game.

With MP's permission, here is a you tube video here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8lPmkkBFT8M

I caution you guys that the loss in quality on YT is significant due to that venue's compression and resolution limitations. I STRONGLY urge people to instead download the high quality version so you will not miss out on the immense artistic and production value in this video.

Here is the full video link if you are interested:

http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9542&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

< Message edited by buddye -- 3/10/2008 5:38:17 AM >

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 41
RE: Some screen shots - 3/10/2008 6:23:29 AM   
Hard Sarge

Nice

funny, watching someone else flying, he seemed a little ham fisted, find myself watching and saying things, rudder, tap the rudder, wait, wait, now, tap the trigger, naw, not yet, your not lined up yet

I liked seeing him doing those barrel rolls, I find myself doing alot of those in this game (of course, not a true Barrel, not as much rudder, but the idea still works, you lose distances with out losing much speed, plus you can change course in the middle of it)

but, he got skills, no doubt about that

wish I was one of them filmer types

(in reply to buddye)
Post #: 42
RE: Some screen shots - 3/10/2008 2:08:40 PM   
Matto

Some my screenshots ...  

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 43
RE: Some screen shots - 3/10/2008 2:10:02 PM   
Matto

Badly damaged He-111 ... I think I can claim it  

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 44
RE: Some screen shots - 3/10/2008 2:11:18 PM   
Matto

On the first picture ... check jumping crew of recon D-17 ... my first kill flying hurry with 310.squadron !!!

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 45
RE: Some screen shots - 3/11/2008 2:52:08 PM   
VonStalhein

Ja ja, they weren't jumping because you shot them down, they just got thirsty for some of that warm dark beer the tommies have!

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 46
RE: Some screen shots - 3/13/2008 9:29:36 PM   
Hard Sarge

not the best snap, but it was sweet, seen two Spits flash across my nose chasing one of my mates, knew my mate would go into a climb so I rolled and pulled my nose up and had two Spitfires hanging right in front of my nose, all but wingtip to wingtip

oh, just in case, both of those are dead, that is the death dive the one on the left is starting

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Hard Sarge -- 3/13/2008 9:30:38 PM >

(in reply to VonStalhein)
Post #: 47
RE: Some screen shots - 3/20/2008 4:34:42 PM   
Hard Sarge

I thought this was a nice shot when I looked to see what was going on

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 48
RE: Some screen shots - 3/22/2008 7:08:47 PM   
Hard Sarge

110s on a rampage

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 49
RE: Some screen shots - 3/22/2008 7:09:25 PM   
Hard Sarge

more 110s

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 50
RE: Some screen shots - 3/22/2008 7:10:31 PM   
Hard Sarge

of course, two can play that game

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 51
RE: Some screen shots - 3/22/2008 7:11:55 PM   
Hard Sarge

Stukas, seen a mass of 109s, I headed the other way, as I knew Stukas were coming, the Squadron stuck around to fight the 109s

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 52
RE: Some screen shots - 3/22/2008 7:14:17 PM   
Hard Sarge

climb up and over, spot a Stuka that broke from the pack, dive down pick him off and level off right into the last formation of Stukas, and climb back out, 2 more going down, not a bad pass, 3 bombers that Uncle Adolph will never see again

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 53
RE: Some screen shots - 3/22/2008 7:16:44 PM   
Hard Sarge

Fighter Command is sort of known for being a bit tight with there Aircraft

Scamble for a raid, and look to the left and then to the right, the sky is full of English birds of prey, I can see 6 Squadrons of planes in the area, this means Trouble

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 54
RE: Some screen shots - 3/22/2008 7:18:41 PM   
Hard Sarge

Trouble

at least it is good trouble, the sky is full of LW birds, but these birds are dogs, they got teeth, but they are not 109s

this is what you call, Good Trouble

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 55
RE: Some screen shots - 4/3/2008 9:05:07 PM   
HMSWarspite

Sarge: no disrespect, but a question. Are the super human exploits you are reporting:
a) because the game is broken as a flight sim (too easy)
b) because you are brilliant and not one pilot in 10,000,000 could do what you do
c) because these are the successes and there are thousands of reloads not shown
d) all of the above?

If there was a man sat behind you with a souped up electric cattle prod, and a large baseball bat, for the hyper authentic plug and play compatible REALPAIN (TM) game feedback whenever you crashed or get wounded, would you still be achieving (or even trying) some of the exploits? Achieving 6 kills in a mission is not exactly 'normal' for an average RL pilot.

Oh, and I assume from the shots you make maximum use of player SA aids? Which makes a huge difference to the chance of seeing things, and shooting them (or not getting shot...)

I have a cunning plan, My Lord

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 56
RE: Some screen shots - 4/3/2008 10:33:08 PM   
Hard Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: HMSWarspite

Sarge: no disrespect, but a question. Are the super human exploits you are reporting:
a) because the game is broken as a flight sim (too easy)

I don't think anyone would say the game, or the AI in this game is easy, you don't pay attention, you die, I have been a flight simmer
since I would guess 81, online, at Fighter Ace, I have gotten 13 Stars (a couple times, a Star is 5 kills in a row, without getting shotdown, my current pilot over there has 4 Stars, but to be honest, the last 15 kills were over a baby seal, I was teaching him, what he was doing wrong, the HARD way)

b) because you are brilliant and not one pilot in 10,000,000 could do what you do

question is, what am I doing ? a single RAF plane getting into a gaggle of Stukas is going to clean house, i am a good shot, and I normally do not fire unless I believe I have a killing shot plus if you are close and have a good shot, it don't take much ammo, that is the key, not wasteing ammo

c) because these are the successes and there are thousands of reloads not shown

I have been shot down, I have been hit, most of my deaths, have been my chute pulling off !!! plus, I am trying to show what is going on in the game, not what I am doing, I am not trying to bragg or show off, I think it is impressive that you can have 100-150 or more planes in the air, in the same battle at the same time

d) all of the above?

If there was a man sat behind you with a souped up electric cattle prod, and a large baseball bat, for the hyper authentic plug and play compatible REALPAIN (TM) game feedback whenever you crashed or get wounded, would you still be achieving (or even trying) some of the exploits? Achieving 6 kills in a mission is not exactly 'normal' for an average RL pilot.

again, from Fighter Ace, the one thing my Squadron didn't like about me, is I was not going to just give up and die, for me, the mission was to take off, do the job and return, if not, the mission was a failure, now this game has a Strat side, so I leave the battle when the game allows me, so I can get back into it with another Squadron/Staffel

and, as the LW showned, when you have the targets and you know what you are doing, you can have massive totals scored

Oh, and I assume from the shots you make maximum use of player SA aids? Which makes a huge difference to the chance of seeing things, and shooting them (or not getting shot...)

I normally am using the different padlock features of the game, I set up to take snaps, I use outside views (I wish or have not found yet, a enemy view, like Il-2 has)

when Sailor wrote his air to air rules, one of the things he made a point of, in a combat zone, you do not fly in a line for 10 seconds, in this game, you don't twist and turn and check 6, you will have a plane there, make major use of your wingman commands

plus, learn from the AI, it has tricks, you spot the tricks, you know what is going to happen, the AI that flies across your nose, likes to roll back into you, you try to snap roll to chase, he will have reversed his turn before you see him and you will be in the wrong bank, try to reverse your bank, you will of lost a good chuck of E and will be a sitting duck for one of his mates

keep your speed up, only fire when you have a good target, keep your eyes open, use your wingmen, try to keep above the fight, if there is nobody above you, you can pick your targets with some peace, plus learn your plane and your guns, can you hit a target while inverted, in a 90 degree bank, if you have to be level to aim and hit the target, you will have trouble

the 109 is a killing machine, nose mounted guns are always going to be better then wing mounted, Spit and Cane are great flyers, but HARDer to get quick clean kills with, I would rather be 60 degrees off set, then dead 6, you waste ammo chopping up the tail when you are at 6

(in reply to HMSWarspite)
Post #: 57
RE: Some screen shots - 4/3/2008 10:36:04 PM   
Hard Sarge

oh, and something else, I have been, still am, a beta testers on 3 different combat flight sims

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 58
RE: Some screen shots - 4/3/2008 11:23:36 PM   
Rekm41

And you still have time to answer countless forum questions and comments. And you were there for me when I first got this game. Keep up the good work and do what you have to do to keep showing us the awesome features of this game.

Thanks

Keep Moving and Keep your Head DOWN!!

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 59
RE: Some screen shots - 4/4/2008 8:30:58 AM   
buddye

Hi all,

Sarge has been helping us test and find bugs on the BOBII beta forum. In all my years on BOBII (about 5 as a C++ coder), Sarge is the best flyer and killer that the old time BOBII guys have ever seen. Sarge is our new BOBII "Top Gun".

To most everyone who has ever tried BOBII, it is not considered easy (with all the hardest setting) but Sarge is teaching all of us some new tricks/tips.

(in reply to Rekm41)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory >> RE: Some screen shots Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI