Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

own map to scen intro...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> own map to scen intro... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
own map to scen intro... - 3/12/2002 3:19:26 PM   
risto.nikula

Scenario intro's consists of short text and short .smk format video clip, right?

Woudn't it be nice replace the video clip with a own map... or a animation (need i describe the possibilities?).

In theory this is possible. All we need is a program that chances animated .GIFs to .SMK

simple animations are easy to make and tools are widely availabe,. and single picture(map) would be easy to create -- just make animation with 1 frame > in intro, video clip stops at the last frame...

Gimme some opinions... is this idea worth checking out?

Nemo saltat sorbius, nisi infanus est
Post #: 1
Re: own map to scen intro... - 3/13/2002 3:44:33 AM   
john g

[QUOTE]Originally posted by risto.nikula
[B]Scenario intro's consists of short text and short .smk format video clip, right?

Woudn't it be nice replace the video clip with a own map... or a animation (need i describe the possibilities?).

In theory this is possible. All we need is a program that chances animated .GIFs to .SMK

simple animations are easy to make and tools are widely availabe,. and single picture(map) would be easy to create -- just make animation with 1 frame > in intro, video clip stops at the last frame...

Gimme some opinions... is this idea worth checking out? [/B][/QUOTE]

The scenarios don't have .smk files as far as I know, the campaigns do.

There are utilities to take what is on the screen and make an .avi movie "hypercam", you then can use the smacker tools which are freeware, and create a .smk file from the .avi file. I still haven't gotten around to capping all the historical footage that was on PBS the last month or so, I really want to put in some other .smk files, plus add some to spww2. I've posted the links to both hypercam and the smacker tools on the forum before.
thanks, John.

(in reply to risto.nikula)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> own map to scen intro... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI