Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/17/2008 12:16:23 AM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: ndrose

Do you want us to report each instance we come across of the movement bug where you can't go from one area to the adjacent one?

In other words, is this a single problem, or something that needs to be identified and corrected for each place on the map where it occurs?

Nathan

Nathan,

I think we have this fixed now but if you have another file of the “complicated path” into adjacent areas problem, go ahead and post it so I can test it out using 1.02b. That would be helpful.

Richard

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 61
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/17/2008 12:49:32 AM   
ndrose

OK, here's one. Two British-controlled Sweden corps trying to move onto the mainland are stymied. You can't move directly from Malmo to Copenhagen. You can do the back-up-and-hop trick, moving east of Malmo (where one corps is now) and jumping to Copenhagen from there on the next turn. But from Copenhagen (where the other Sweden corps is now) you can't get to the next island. (But you can go back to Malmo; the problem is unidirectional.)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 62
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/17/2008 1:26:25 AM   
Jimmer

This one might be related to the "can't figure out the distance" problem that we've been noting.

In this one, Ney and one corps are attacking one corps in Gottingen. I fought two days: The first with assault vs. cordon and the second with assault vs. defend. You will note that Nappy is sitting in Hanover's capital with a couple of corps. So, he should be able to reinforce in.

During the battle, only the Holland corps attempts to reinforce. Nappy's stack does not. I tried all four rounds (3 on day 1 and 1 on day 2; lost in the second impulse).

Another possibility is some kind of foraging rule: Nappy had a couple of his corps forage in place, using movement to pad the die roll. This shouldn't affect reinforcement, but ...

I've attached both the before and the after save files. Before is "Land combat". After is "Current".

Attachment (1)

At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 63
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/17/2008 5:26:39 AM   
BruceSinger

New 1.02 game. I am playing Turkey. Create Ottoman Empire. New Ottoman Corps will not attack nor defend against Spain whom Turkey is at war against. The Syrian Corp, which was in play when the Ottman Empire was created do.

Uploading two different turns. One is the Trip. Corp not defending against the Spanish. The second is Egypt not attacking the Spainish while the Syrian Corp does.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 64
Corrupt 'area data' view in Belfast - 3/17/2008 5:49:54 AM   
Grognot

Pure-1.02 beta solo game as France.

Look at strategic map -- no French corps in Belfast.
Look at area view -- the area view is full of French corps.

There are also supply issues there; when I -did- have corps in Belfast, they could be supplied by a depot in Dublin... but if there was a depot in Belfast -- remove the Dublin depot and the corps suddenly turned out-of-supply. Bizarre.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BruceSinger)
Post #: 65
RE: Conq Ruski territory won't allow garrisons or corp ... - 3/17/2008 7:38:18 AM   
Tater

quote:

Tater,

Also need the DAT file for that game too. You only uploaded the SAV file. Thanks

Richard

Sorry about that...I have updated both posts to include the DAT file.

Later-

Tater

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 66
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/17/2008 10:04:45 AM   
BruceSinger

Game 1.02
Playing Turkey
Austria won't surrender.
Every capital is occupied by Turkey Corp or garrisons. Have been for 5 months. Through an Econ. Phase.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 67
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/17/2008 12:38:48 PM   
Grognot

Syrian corps is listed as having a capacity of 12i, 12c in corps pool.(see save) A Tripolitanian corps is also in the pool with having actual factors in it, IIRC -- this latter bit is not new to 1.02.

Storm Madrid; win (should be ~automatic); *most* of the besiegers will be back in the rural area, but the Bavarian corps is arbitrarily left in the city. (See save).

I'm also experiencing the 'cannot garrison cities in ceded provinces' bug -- with a notable exception that a French-owned Tyrol can be garrisoned if part of the CoTR.

A previous evacuation battle in Cadiz (Sp inside, GB and FR outside) led to an access error.

One of the attempts to move into and besiege Madrid resulted in the corps in the besieging stack being magically moved to their individual capitals, and no battle. Very odd.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 68
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/17/2008 12:58:51 PM   
eske

France and Preussia allied. France granted access by Preussia and has a corps in Ansbach (Preussia conquered).

Preussia DOW vs. France. Corps returned to forcepool ?
No other forces present. French garrison in city stays.
(No attachment sry)

< Message edited by eske -- 3/17/2008 1:01:11 PM >

Alea iacta est

(in reply to Grognot)
Post #: 69
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/17/2008 4:17:47 PM   
Monadman

quote:

OK, here's one. Two British-controlled Sweden corps trying to move onto the mainland are stymied. You can't move directly from Malmo to Copenhagen. You can do the back-up-and-hop trick, moving east of Malmo (where one corps is now) and jumping to Copenhagen from there on the next turn. But from Copenhagen (where the other Sweden corps is now) you can't get to the next island. (But you can go back to Malmo; the problem is unidirectional.)

That’s a problem here to. Working it.

Thanks again

Richard

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 70
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/17/2008 5:41:15 PM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jimmer

This one might be related to the "can't figure out the distance" problem that we've been noting.

In this one, Ney and one corps are attacking one corps in Gottingen. I fought two days: The first with assault vs. cordon and the second with assault vs. defend. You will note that Nappy is sitting in Hanover's capital with a couple of corps. So, he should be able to reinforce in.

During the battle, only the Holland corps attempts to reinforce. Nappy's stack does not. I tried all four rounds (3 on day 1 and 1 on day 2; lost in the second impulse).

Another possibility is some kind of foraging rule: Nappy had a couple of his corps forage in place, using movement to pad the die roll. This shouldn't affect reinforcement, but ...

I've attached both the before and the after save files. Before is "Land combat". After is "Current".

Jimmer,

Have this confirmed under LC7. Thanks for the files, will use them to confirm the fix (when made).

Richard

(in reply to Jimmer)
Post #: 71
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/17/2008 5:42:06 PM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: BruceSinger

New 1.02 game. I am playing Turkey. Create Ottoman Empire. New Ottoman Corps will not attack nor defend against Spain whom Turkey is at war against. The Syrian Corp, which was in play when the Ottman Empire was created do.

Uploading two different turns. One is the Trip. Corp not defending against the Spanish. The second is Egypt not attacking the Spainish while the Syrian Corp does.

Bruce,

The Tripolitania corps should not even be on the map (see G16). It is a Db problem that has not been addressed yet (corps belongs to Piedmont).
Was able to see the other bug though. Thanks for the files.

Richard

Post #: 72
RE: Conq Ruski territory won't allow garrisons or corp ... - 3/17/2008 6:53:53 PM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tater

quote:

Tater,

Also need the DAT file for that game too. You only uploaded the SAV file. Thanks

Richard

Sorry about that...I have updated both posts to include the DAT file.

The first one (post #54) we have fixed in 1.02b (related issue was L26).

Edit: fixed in your game but just found another incident, of what you had described, in a test game here. Added it to bug list (L34).

The other one (not yet addressed) is listed as LC11. Thanks for the files Tater.

Richard

< Message edited by Monadman -- 3/17/2008 9:06:30 PM >

(in reply to Tater)
Post #: 73
RE: Corrupt 'area data' view in Belfast - 3/17/2008 7:30:23 PM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grognot

Pure-1.02 beta solo game as France.

Look at strategic map -- no French corps in Belfast.
Look at area view -- the area view is full of French corps.

Hmmm, I don’t see any corps in Belfast – just a French depot.

Richard

(in reply to Grognot)
Post #: 74
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/17/2008 8:09:42 PM   
Monadman

quote:

Game 1.02
Playing Turkey
Austria won't surrender.
Every capital is occupied by Turkey Corp or garrisons. Have been for 5 months. Through an Econ. Phase.

Bruce,

You forgot about East Galicia (Lemberg) and West Galicia (Lublin).

Richard

Post #: 75
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/17/2008 10:09:55 PM   
sw30

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monadman

Bruce,

The Tripolitania corps should not even be on the map (see G16). It is a Db problem that has not been addressed yet (corps belongs to Piedmont).
Was able to see the other bug though. Thanks for the files.

Richard

Richard,

I've seen this with the created CoR corps also. They won't fight for their evil overlords.

Jeff

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 76
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/18/2008 2:02:37 AM   
BruceSinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monadman

quote:

Game 1.02
Playing Turkey
Austria won't surrender.

Bruce,

You forgot about East Galicia (Lemberg) and West Galicia (Lublin).

Richard

My bad.

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 77
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/18/2008 5:21:32 AM   
ndrose

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave_T

April: GB surrenders unconditionally to Fr. Fr takes Scotland, Ireland & Malta as territory (would have been Wales if the dumb Swedes had figured out how to get there from Glasge). 1i Swedish Garrison in Dublin vanishes. Not repatriated to either Sweden of France, just removed.

I've been seeing some similar things. France invades Britain, drops garrisons in Dublin and Edinburgh. The game has no problem with them as long as the war's on, and recognizes them for purposes of establishing a claim on those provinces at treaty time. But when the war ends, even though Ireland and Scotland become French territory, the garrisons disappear. Not repatriated so far as I can tell, but can't be sure about that.

I suspect this has something to do with the new temporary access after peace. Both countries have access to one another's territory, so it may be that the game for some purposes doesn't recognize those provinces as truly ceded until the temp access period is over.

Probably related glitch:

Spain surrenders to France, France takes provinces. On the way out, France tries to drop some factors from corps into garrison in the newly ceded territory, but can't. This also suggests that the game is treating those territories as still Spanish for the time being.

I neglected to save a file, but I could recreate a similar situation if this one hasn't already been figured out.

Nathan

(in reply to Dave_T)
Post #: 78
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/18/2008 7:20:37 AM   
sw30

I don't have the rules with me, but blockading ships should not enable a claim, right? You should have a land force. I distinctly remember being able to get Majorca because I've blockaded somebody (a Brit light ship, I think) there.

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 79
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/18/2008 8:08:44 AM   
Grognot

The manual does say 'corps', so it would appear that it should require a land force (and not counting garrisons, Cossacks, or other non-corps forces as well).

(in reply to sw30)
Post #: 80
Corps teleporting after battle - 3/18/2008 11:40:12 AM   
Grognot

Pure 1.02-beta solo game.

Takes some reloading / rerolling.

Storm Madrid. Reload / reroll if you don't get the chance, or don't win. You'll have the Bavarian corps inside the city, all others moved to rural Madrid. Drop a Bavarian factor inside the city and have it rejoin the rest.

Kill the guerrillas -- should be an easy win, but I don't know if it matters for the purpose of this weirdness.

Watch as the Madrid force is magically scattered upon reaching the diplomacy phase. The French corps and Massena go to Burgos while the Portugese, Lombards, Dutch, and Swiss, Piedmontese and Swedish go home. The Bavarians stay (next to a Spanish corps. They're all still at war with Spain, too, so it's not some bizarre repatriation upon peace.

Oooooooookay.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Grognot -- 3/18/2008 11:42:23 AM >

(in reply to Grognot)
Post #: 81
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/18/2008 4:35:46 PM   
Monadman

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave_T

April: GB surrenders unconditionally to Fr. Fr takes Scotland, Ireland & Malta as territory (would have been Wales if the dumb Swedes had figured out how to get there from Glasge). 1i Swedish Garrison in Dublin vanishes. Not repatriated to either Sweden of France, just removed.

I've been seeing some similar things. France invades Britain, drops garrisons in Dublin and Edinburgh. The game has no problem with them as long as the war's on, and recognizes them for purposes of establishing a claim on those provinces at treaty time. But when the war ends, even though Ireland and Scotland become French territory, the garrisons disappear. Not repatriated so far as I can tell, but can't be sure about that.

I suspect this has something to do with the new temporary access after peace. Both countries have access to one another's territory, so it may be that the game for some purposes doesn't recognize those provinces as truly ceded until the temp access period is over.

Probably related glitch:

Spain surrenders to France, France takes provinces. On the way out, France tries to drop some factors from corps into garrison in the newly ceded territory, but can't. This also suggests that the game is treating those territories as still Spanish for the time being.

I neglected to save a file, but I could recreate a similar situation if this one hasn't already been figured out.

Nathan

At the time of surrender, if both sides have forces in either side’s capital cities, then they are removed (refer to section 6.4.2, subsection Withdrawal From Capital Cities). Also, the ceded provinces should be recognized immediately but neither side is allowed to garrison the other side’s capital cities (similar to enforced access) during the temp access period.

We fixed a few issues surrounding temp access (see bug list) in the next patch (now 1.02d), which I hope will be up sometime today or tomorrow (at the latest).

Richard

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 82
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/18/2008 5:40:42 PM   
ndrose

Richard,

The ceded provinces are recognized immediately for some purposes, and they're correctly shaded. The problem occurs with garrisons in ceded home nation provinces. Even worse, it appears it affects not only those that are ceded in the current peace treaty, but also any that changed hands before.

I'll append two files. One is a diplomatic phase, during a war between France and Spain. Aragon is a ceded province from a *previous* war, and Saragossa has a large French garrison, which is besieged. The second is the reinforcement phase immediately following Spanish surrender. (There is no land phase between the two files during which the Saragossa garrison could have surrendered.)

Here is the diplomatic phase....

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 83
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/18/2008 5:46:26 PM   
ndrose

And here is the reinforcement phase. France has taken Old Castille, Catalonia, and Valencia, as appears on the map.

But where did the Saragossa garrison go? The Spanish corps that was besieging it is there, as per temp access rules, but the garrison is gone. (I'm not sure whether it is repatriated or obliterated, but it hasn't gone anywhere obvious.)

Now, during the succeeding land phase, try to use a corps from Massena's army to drop a factor in, say, Burgos. You can't do it, even though it's French-held territory.

From what I can tell, this problem goes away when the temp access window closes, but meanwhile one has lost any previously placed garrisons--especially troublesome as it affects not only new but old ceded provinces, where one is likely to have large garrisons of long standing.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 84
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/18/2008 7:12:25 PM   
Mardonius

Held Prisoner by No One

The attached game is a solo game that has the Turkish Leader Pechilvan Khan ("Pec") captured. However, this capture was from a previous and now ended war with Russia. See the dialogue text (when you click the Pec counter) wherein it says "PK is being held prisoner by " but no country is listed.

Current game is patch 1.02. Note that the original battle wherein the capture took place was 1.01b.

best
Mardonius

Attachment (1)

"Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant" -- James Madison
"Yes, you will win most battles, but if you loose to me you will loose oh so badly that it causes me pain (chortle) just to think of it" - P. Khan

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 85
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/18/2008 8:09:19 PM   
Grognot

Depots are also being removed (rebuildable, but gone for a turn), not just garrisons.  Might be annoying if you have a force waiting for expensive reinforcements, co-located with a depot that's no longer there.

(in reply to Mardonius)
Post #: 86
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/19/2008 1:10:26 AM   
Monadman

quote:

And here is the reinforcement phase. France has taken Old Castille, Catalonia, and Valencia, as appears on the map.

But where did the Saragossa garrison go? The Spanish corps that was besieging it is there, as per temp access rules, but the garrison is gone. (I'm not sure whether it is repatriated or obliterated, but it hasn't gone anywhere obvious.)

Now, during the succeeding land phase, try to use a corps from Massena's army to drop a factor in, say, Burgos. You can't do it, even though it's French-held territory.

From what I can tell, this problem goes away when the temp access window closes, but meanwhile one has lost any previously placed garrisons--especially troublesome as it affects not only new but old ceded provinces, where one is likely to have large garrisons of long standing.

Nathan,

The vanishing garrison after surrender is a new one (added to list) but the inability to drop a garrison in ceded provinces is now fixed in 1.02d (L34), which I understand will be uploaded Wednesday.

Thanks for those files

Richard

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 87
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/19/2008 1:28:08 AM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mardonius

Held Prisoner by No One

The attached game is a solo game that has the Turkish Leader Pechilvan Khan ("Pec") captured. However, this capture was from a previous and now ended war with Russia. See the dialogue text (when you click the Pec counter) wherein it says "PK is being held prisoner by " but no country is listed.

Current game is patch 1.02. Note that the original battle wherein the capture took place was 1.01b.

best
Mardonius

A little time ran off the clock after the surrender in which he should have been returned, but hey, better late then never.
Thanks for the files (on the list)

Richard

(in reply to Mardonius)
Post #: 88
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/19/2008 1:28:30 AM   
Grognot

Update on the Syrian 12i/12c corps capacity (French Ottoman Empire, if it matters) -- it shows up like that not only in the corps pool, but also in unit info once placed.

Wondering if the teleport bug actually is an odd form of repatriation combined with a minor oddity -- assigning control of city to Bavaria/COTR, and repatriating everybody that was neither COTR nor at war with COTR (which would have been all my other forces) -- this would explain why the Bavarians remained.  Fairly odd.  But there seem to be some funkiness involving minors, ex. a French + minor fleet (all FR-controlled FS) raid on a port resulting in just the Neapolitan fleets fighting the defending fleet, as if it picked the Neapolitan fleet as a separate nation and then ignored all other attacking fleets as non-participants.

Also seen a COTR corps (French-controlled, France at war with Russia; think in this particular case it was Saxony -- started Prussian FS, turned French conq, turned French FS, turned COTR) move into formerly Turkish (but recently-ceded-to-France) territory to attack a Russian corps (at war with Turkey, and in that territory while it was still Turkish)... and unable to move through or away (as if enemy corps is present) but with no battle actually happening on either French or Turkish land phases (until an actual French corps is moved down to attack).

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 89
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 3/19/2008 7:03:18 AM   
Lascaris

Solo play as Austria. Game post error message during the Naval Phase with an "Invalid Floating Point Operation" error message. Pressing "OK" will leave you in the program but if you try to hit "End Current Phase" it will post a "Port must be evacuated" message.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI