Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Frozen Hell Again

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Frozen Hell Again Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Frozen Hell Again - 9/25/2000 12:56:00 AM   
Moltke71

Sorry to post again but the reply mechanism doesn't work. I have Ver 4.0 so why are the slots wrong? Will this be fixed? Jim Cobb

Jim Cobb
Post #: 1
- 9/25/2000 1:29:00 AM   
Drake

Just keep chicking the scenario page, someone is bound to post a update to this scenario soon. The problem with this scenario is were so many changes were made to the finnish OOBs.

(in reply to Moltke71)
Post #: 2
- 9/25/2000 1:32:00 AM   
Voriax

Check the topic 'Questions...' by Pillbox on (currently) page 2. Fix depends on scenario designer. Voriax [This message has been edited by Voriax (edited September 24, 2000).]

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to Moltke71)
Post #: 3
- 9/25/2000 4:07:00 AM   
Moltke71

Thanks

Jim Cobb

(in reply to Moltke71)
Post #: 4
- 9/26/2000 7:37:00 PM   
Der_Rabe

I was just wondering how efficent is a finn soldier compared to a russian soldier in spwaw? We know very well that one finn soldier was the same as 11 russians according to the fallen/wounded records in the real war. This fact has been the cause why finn-army cannot be seen in many war games.

(in reply to Moltke71)
Post #: 5
- 9/27/2000 1:34:00 AM   
jlaurila

Talk about some serius Gifu there, mate an old pelit-magazine had an column, wich said that many games (board/comp.) had tried to include Finland in the war, but without some stupid restricions, the soviets would conquer Finlad in week or two (based on unit numbers) or Finnish would take over moscow similar way (based on historical achievements) or they just cut the map so that moscow is the allmost northern part of it. wich leaves the not so important murmask trail out of there also. well, anyways, i am pretty darn proud to be a Finn, knowing what they went through in winter war. *sob* ------------------ JLaurila

JLaurila

(in reply to Moltke71)
Post #: 6
- 9/27/2000 2:38:00 AM   
Voriax

As there are national characteristics in the game, could we/the finns get a some kind of bonus during winter months? For example a 10 point morale boost? More realistic might be to reduce the morale of enemies if they are facing Finns during winter but that might be harder to code..or is it???? Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to Moltke71)
Post #: 7
- 9/27/2000 4:45:00 AM   
Grumble

I believe that's already built into the "characteristics" as evidenced by higher overall morale (don't break/rout as easily) better weapons training (hit effectively most of the time) and leadership (when they do rout, they usually rally quickly) than their Soviet opponents. As far as board games are concerned: GDW does a good job with the Winter War, and tying the Continuation War into Barbarossa. From the hip, best design technique would be high attack/defense low movement (infantry-based army)and counter density, with the actual political restrictions of only advancing as far as the 1939 border. Whether or not you would allow them to participant in their co-belligerent's siege of Leningrad is a designer's call...

"...these go up to eleven."
Nigel Tufnel

(in reply to Moltke71)
Post #: 8
- 9/27/2000 9:30:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I talked with the scenario designer of that battle and he has chosen not to upgrade the scenario, but instead do some new ones. So you have two choices, you can load it into the editor and fix it yourself (not difficult at all) or you can delete it. More Finnish-Russian scenarios will be forthcoming. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Moltke71)
Post #: 9
- 9/27/2000 2:34:00 PM   
Der_Rabe

Thanks bill. We finns will be waiting [This message has been edited by Der_Rabe (edited October 04, 2000).]

(in reply to Moltke71)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Frozen Hell Again Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI