Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

For Shaun

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> For Shaun Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
For Shaun - 3/22/2008 3:26:04 AM   
JudgeDredd

Shaun

I've resigned myself to a forum lurker of late, but I just wanted to (had to post this...

I have played your game on and off since I got it on May 2006 and it is fantastic.

BUT most of all, I wanted to say that the reason it is fantastic is because of the little atmospheric bits you put in.....it changes it from a stats based game (which it essentially is at it's heart) to an enjoyable sim.

I love the fact that when I get a home run at a home game, I get the fireworks....and I love the fact that at away games, I don't get those fireworks when I get a homerun.

I love the way you made the crowd noises noisier when I play at home and quieter when I lay away.

I love the way you have the home crowd cheer and boo as the plays go for and against.

I love the show of the ball....it may be accurate, it may be not...but the fact it's there is a big immersion factor.

I love the little bits of "baseball" music you've injected and how they play at random.

Basically...it's a thank you. I bought this game a while ago. I don't "sim" it...I play every game. I may play one game in the week...I may play seven...but everygame is enjoyable and worthe the 9 innings.

It is exactly the points above that make me play this as opposed to buying OOTP baseball. As far as I can tell their interface is a bit more flowing and they may well have more stats under their belt...but I played the demo of the last two releases and neither had the atmosphere your game has....and so I never bought them!

I wish you good luck for the future and I want to thank you for the pleasure you have given me for £20.00. I wish I could get that kind of satisfaction for that price in other walks of life!

If you can develop the interface, I'd say your next step (or soon) should be actual player figures on the field...and then moving dots...eventually going to moving characters.

I say this only because I think you should try to get there before OOTP...you are most definitely leading the way in atmosphere....and I think it could and should go further....and hopefully before OOTP.

I'm not trying to turn this into an OOTP/Puresim battle. I'm merely using OOTP as the alternative benchmark because it's the only other baseball game I know...and they do already make a fantastic footie sim...so their baseball game will eventually get to where it needs to be.

Cheers
Billy
Post #: 1
RE: For Shaun - 3/22/2008 4:18:26 AM   
timtellean1

A little correction. OOTP is made by OOTP Developments and they do NOT make a footie game. OOTP Dev. was partnered with SI/Sega for 2 versions but is now back to its original form as an independent company.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 2
RE: For Shaun - 3/22/2008 10:20:20 PM   
Jestre

I too play OOTP or used to, with the advent of OOTP2006-7-8 it has become simply too much work to enjoy anymore. The interface is complex and cumbersome and the game just doesnt have the feel that it used to with 6.5. I now play my solo games on Puresim.

I commish the longest running OOTP online league in existence, MLBCentury and we still use 6.5 and will continue to do so.

www.Mlbcentury.com

< Message edited by Jestre -- 3/22/2008 10:22:27 PM >

(in reply to timtellean1)
Post #: 3
RE: For Shaun - 3/23/2008 2:59:08 AM   
KG Erwin

I gotta pipe in here and second the Judge's praising of the atmosphere that PS provides. There's not only the built-in goodies, though. Personally, the key factor is the ability to modify and customize the game (if one so chooses) to add even MORE atmosphere (or flavor) to the game experience.

Apart from the stats (which are provided in quantity enough for most "hardcore" simmers), there's the overall feeling of "being there", which is why it never gets repetitive or tiresome. When I play at those beloved (and legendary) long-gone parks, whether it be Ebbets Field, or Forbes, or the Polo Grounds, I am THERE, transported by virtual magic (plus a bit of imagination). Sure, it's nostalgic, but to this player, it's real, and alive.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 4
RE: For Shaun - 3/24/2008 5:36:10 PM   
LetsPlay2

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

......I am THERE, transported by virtual magic (plus a bit of imagination). Sure, it's nostalgic, but to this player, it's real, and alive.

Yes !!!!! Exactly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LP2

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 5
RE: For Shaun - 3/25/2008 3:56:47 AM   
therhino

PS keeps sounding greater and greater. I wish the I could get the demo to work, but I think I may just have to buy the game.
therhino

(in reply to LetsPlay2)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> For Shaun Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI