Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Energy Tap

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Energy Tap Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Energy Tap - 3/15/2002 10:51:59 PM   
BP

I haven't used this yet but assume power stored in my drives are being used for weapons (because most of my ships don't have enough generators to power their weapons continuously). Does it depend on the game options or am I wrong about power being taken from the engines unless I manually tap energy? Is overcharging weapons a separate option?
Post #: 1
- 3/16/2002 2:54:31 AM   
madmax88

Every turn, you get a chance to fire your weapons. If not enough power is available from your generator and weapon storage, IT IS taken from the engine.

Additionally, i you want to fire more during the same turn, you can do so by overcharging your weapons. For that you can reroute power from any system (generator, propulsion, shields) for a cost (20% damage to weapons).

- -mAdMAx

(in reply to BP)
Post #: 2
- 3/16/2002 3:10:45 AM   
BP

Okay, I think that's the assumption I was operating under. So you ONLY need to use the tap energy button for an overcharge (20% weapon damage)? I can't see a lot of situations where you'd want to do that.

(in reply to BP)
Post #: 3
- 3/16/2002 4:17:48 PM   
madmax88

On the contrary, and especially against ships with shields.

Shields regenerate every turn, so if your weapons are not powerful enough to blast through the shields in one turn, then you might want to consider overloading them so that you can do just that an do damage to the ship. Otherwise you just keep hiting the shields every single turn, not doing any real damage.

To counter the damage done to your weapons, have a few more engineer than usual on your ship(i keep around 25-30%) so that they can repair the damage faster.

Also, the overload without damage artifact is VERY handy.

- -mAdMAx

(in reply to BP)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Energy Tap Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI