Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Cannot find Serial Number for FoF

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Cannot find Serial Number for FoF Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cannot find Serial Number for FoF - 3/24/2008 10:54:27 PM   
cillmhor

I wonder if you can help? I ordered Forge of Freedom some time ago, and just never got round to installing it and playing it until recently. However, when I look on the CD for a serial number I cannot find one. I have several other titles from Matrix which all work on the same principle and I have always been able to easily locate the 16-digit serial number.

What I have this time of disc one of FoF is a CD Number which is 20 digits long and has a long string of zeros in the number which is more than a little unusual. Then the order ID number is written below, again on the CD, and is 9 digits long, the same 9 digits which start the 20-digit CD Number. Suffice to say, neither number works as a serial number. Help me, please, as I have been looking forward to playing this title, and the first time I tried to install it, I had a scratched disk, which Matrix very kindly replaced. It seems I and FoF are destined to be parted.
Post #: 1
RE: Cannot find Serial Number for FoF - 3/25/2008 1:18:27 PM   
Marc von Martial

You should have received an email and also having been shown the serial number after you fullfilled your purchase, also the serial number should be printed on the CD. In case neither happend, you missed it or the serial number accidently got not printed on the CD you can retrieve the serial number at any time.

Please go to our E-Store and click on "Store FAQs" , there check the "I need to lookup my serial / unlock key" link. Or go to www.findmyorder.com and enter your order number and password.

If you can't resolve the numbers via www.findmyorder.com please drop us a quick note.

(in reply to cillmhor)
Post #: 2
RE: Cannot find Serial Number for FoF - 3/25/2008 1:47:56 PM   
cillmhor

I have attempted to do as you said, but I got the following message, even after I deleted all cookies (and my browser does accept cookies):

Message 99998 - To protect ourselves against fraud, we need to set a cookie on your computer. In order to continue your purchase online, please reset your browser to allow cookies. You can make your purchase and then set cookies off again in your browser. If you already allow cookies, there may be a problem that can be corrected by deleting the cookie file. 20009SC01

The problem may be because I did not purchase the second copy of FoF, it was shipped as a replacement for a faulty copy. I received no email detailing my serial number, it was a physical shipment I requested and received.

Regards

Alasdair

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Cannot find Serial Number for FoF Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI