Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Crash Problem with Japan on Manual production

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> Crash Problem with Japan on Manual production Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Crash Problem with Japan on Manual production - 3/28/2008 12:28:35 AM   
GShock

Joel told me to post the issue here:

I seem to get consistent crashes with Japan using the manual production settings. As soon as i hit the next turn button, the game crashes to desktop.

My V is the 1.020 digitally bought and registered...for some reason gone official though still in beta, it seems.

I was unable to replicate the crash again though i tried different production schemes (4 ctd in a row yesterday, perhaps i can find one in the autosaved games).

I don't doubt it would be easy to squash this bug, but i haven't even had time to read the manual yet, so i really am toying around more than playing and i have no idea what could possibly be going wrong (perhaps producing more than allowed?).
I ll post an attach to this file as soon as i get/find this ctd.
Post #: 1
RE: Crash Problem with Japan on Manual production - 3/28/2008 5:33:45 AM   
GShock

CTD uploaded here:http://rapidshare.com/files/102927564/test.sav.html

The production passed, but next turn it came as i attacked China with Tac bomber previously moved in the small island next to Siam. I suspect this is bc of the manual production.  

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 2
RE: Crash Problem with Japan on Manual production - 3/28/2008 7:05:00 AM   
WanderingHead

It doesn't seem likely that manual production for Japan would, on its own, be the problem. Everyone plays that way all the time, and of course most people don't see crashes all the time. So it has to be something more.

Does it work for you with AI controlled production?

Are you controlling all players, or the AI some?

Are you playing hotseat, AI, TCP/IP, or PBEM?

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 3
RE: Crash Problem with Japan on Manual production - 3/28/2008 7:14:11 AM   
GShock

Yes this was a different crash because it didnt crash when i hit the Next Turn but during the turn itself (i was attacking the coastal province of china and as i moved the tac bomber in from that small island, the ctd occured).

What i can tell is that i played only the first time with AI production and i never got a crash. Then as i switched to manual production, crashes occured 99% time at the hitting of next turn button but for this sporadic exception (all would be easy with a crashlog...).

To answer your Qs, i am only controlling Japan, the AI handles all other players. Since it's basically the second day i own the game, im playing SP, means me vs all AI. Settings are on normal difficulty with adv supply rule + area supply (i mean the bottom 2 options are on)

Am gonna engage fraps, and go to the more powerful vista laptop. Gonna play all night and try to reproduce it. The autosave feature surely will help and as soon as i get a ctd i will reupload it and possibly document it.

(in reply to WanderingHead)
Post #: 4
RE: Crash Problem with Japan on Manual production - 3/30/2008 4:28:34 AM   
Joel Billings

I was unable to get a crash with your save. I see you posted elsewhere that you aren't getting the crash anymore. If you get it to crash again, if you can please send a save with instructions on how to load the save and repeat certain steps to get it to crash. Hopefully it won't crash on you again.

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 5
RE: Crash Problem with Japan on Manual production - 3/30/2008 2:36:37 PM   
GKar

Could this have to do with the savegame compatibility problem?

Maybe the game crashed when the engine tried to make an autosave after the production phase.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 6
RE: Crash Problem with Japan on Manual production - 3/31/2008 4:23:45 AM   
GShock

I really don't know but don't think so. The digital V is the 1020 though seemingly not the 1020b so i presume the beta was unofficially added to the digital downloads. Since i have no other versions installed...can't be that.

Strange enough, i haven't had a single crash anymore, so i presume i learned how to "produce" and i didn't cause that thing that triggered the crash anymore. Also, i remember on my vista monster laptop i always had 1/10th of the crashes i have had on this PC. Might be hw related really.

Anyway i was curious about production...if i hit a -1 in a field (res/fact/pop) - how does the game computes the next turn? What exactly will be put on hold?

(in reply to GKar)
Post #: 7
RE: Crash Problem with Japan on Manual production - 4/25/2008 6:53:40 AM   
WanderingHead

quote:

ORIGINAL: GShock
Anyway i was curious about production...if i hit a -1 in a field (res/fact/pop) - how does the game computes the next turn? What exactly will be put on hold?

I can't tell you what it will be (it is deterministic, but work to figure it out and probably would appear random to the player anyway). I suggest you simply don't let it happen. Something will be put on hold, and probably not the same thing you would choose yourself.

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> Crash Problem with Japan on Manual production Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI