Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

battle points

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> battle points Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
battle points - 9/25/2000 11:42:00 PM   
mucius

Hi, Ive just played some online games and i am woundering if there exist some battle point tables. For example, its 1943 Ger vs USSR, how much bps do i have to give to a player who is playing the russians if i gave myself as the Germans 3000 P? Ive noticed that giving each side 3000 ps will result in an unbalanced game... thanks, mm

derint dum metuant
Post #: 1
- 9/26/2000 12:04:00 AM   
Arralen

quote:

Originally posted by mucius: Hi,I've just played some online games and i am woundering if there exist some battle point tables. For example, its 1943 Ger vs USSR, how much bps do i have to give to a player who is playing the russians if i gave myself as the Germans 3000 P? Ive noticed that giving each side 3000 ps will result in an unbalanced game...
The unit cost where adjusted with the OOBs for v4.0 to reflect actual combat value, not "building costs" or "availability". So if you claim that same points for both sides do not give balanced battles, what the intended effect would have been, something must have gone wrong. (I for myself doubt that it makes any sense to adjust the unit costs to allow balanced battles with even points - IMHO the point cost should reflect availability, what would make it easier to let the AI buy historicalcorrect; "Balanced battles" are uimpossible as long as both sides buy from different army list, obviously. But this has been discussed before - search through the old threads and you'll find many postings about this topic!) Arralen

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to mucius)
Post #: 2
- 9/26/2000 1:33:00 AM   
BA Evans

It really depends on what kind of mission you are playing. Both sides should have an equal amount of points for a 'Meeting Engagement'. In a Delay/Advance mission the player advancing should have around 1.5 times the number of points the delay player has. In a Defend/Assault mission the player assaulting should have 2-3 times the number of points the delay player has. These are just guidelines for you to follow. The amounts aren't set in stone. The 'Meeting Engagement' is the best mission because each player gets the same amount of points. A meeting engagement also forces both players to meet in the middle and be aggressive. Another way to balance the assault and delay missions is to set the points for the defensive player. If you set the attacker's points to XXX the computer will automatically calculate the attacker's points. This is especially helpful if you have "True Troop Cost" and "National Characteristics" turned on. BA Evans

(in reply to mucius)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> battle points Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI