Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Campaign Editor Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Campaign Editor Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Campaign Editor Question - 3/17/2002 6:12:11 AM   
Sgt Gunn

I've been trying to fiddle with the Campaign Editor to modify an exisiting campaign, and have been unable to figure out how to edit the scenarios within the campaign. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!!

SSG Adrian Gunn
102 CES/CED
USAF

"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." - Vegetius
Post #: 1
- 3/17/2002 7:17:18 AM   
Warhorse

The campaign scenario's are located in the 'Campaigns' folder, will take some figuring out to get the correct ones, I'm afraid!!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Sgt Gunn)
Post #: 2
- 3/17/2002 7:28:53 AM   
Supervisor

I agree with Mike an this, it's a very unforgiving process, remember this though when clicking on things, double clicking will kill you by resetting to no value, right click to change values, if you mistyped something hit the [B]escape key[/B] not enter or space bar or it will change before your eyes and will stay put even if you don't save the campaign.

(in reply to Sgt Gunn)
Post #: 3
Re: Campaign Editor Question - 3/17/2002 9:12:50 PM   
Warrior2

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sgt Gunn
[B]I've been trying to fiddle with the Campaign Editor to modify an exisiting campaign, and have been unable to figure out how to edit the scenarios within the campaign. Can anyone help me?[/B][/QUOTE]

An excellent article about Making Changes in a Generated/Long Campaign may have some help for you. It's about halfway down the page here: http://www.tankheadcentral.com/main.html

(in reply to Sgt Gunn)
Post #: 4
- 3/17/2002 10:34:11 PM   
Bing

The lazy man's way is the method I use: First I start the scenario. Normally it is the deployment stage, since fiddling with the assigned core forces will screw up play.

Then I copy the three save files to an outside directory. Then I rename the files to "scenxxx.nnn" where nnn = an unused scenario slot. I do this for all three files, though it might not be absoutely necessary to do so. Then I copy the three scen files into the scen directory.

Open Editor, load the "scenario", make the changes, save, get out, rename the files to the appropriate Save turn numbers - copy them back into the camp save, overwriting those we left behind.

That's all there is to it. If you are talking about fiddling with the scenarios before the camp starts, that's a whole different matter. Very easy to make them unplayable, I would think.

Bing

(in reply to Sgt Gunn)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Campaign Editor Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI