Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Documentation explaining how to modify and create new units?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Modern Tactics >> Mods and Scenarios >> Documentation explaining how to modify and create new units? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Documentation explaining how to modify and create new u... - 12/13/2007 5:34:38 AM   
mikmykWS

Hi wondering if there is some documentation somewhere explaining how modify or create new units for this game. Checked my manual and didn't see anything on it.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Documentation explaining how to modify and create n... - 12/13/2007 6:04:31 AM   
Andrew Williams

Nothing official but.....

http://www.closecombat.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 2
RE: Documentation explaining how to modify and create n... - 12/30/2007 7:15:46 PM   
Raven302

Could someone list what the column values are in the Blueteams.txt and redteams.txt. Some of them dont relate to CCMT. I tried creating a enw unit an I never could get it to show in the force screen...

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 3
RE: Documentation explaining how to modify and create n... - 12/30/2007 7:34:22 PM   
Neil N

Grab the Data workbook that was posted right after the release. Explanations for every column of each data file.

(in reply to Raven302)
Post #: 4
RE: Documentation explaining how to modify and create n... - 12/30/2007 7:49:30 PM   
Perturabo

1. Could someone tell me how team/vehicle/etc. values are calculated?
2. I'm working on a WWIII mod and I have a problem with making tanks - I can't get them to fire all their machineguns.

People shouldn't ask themselves why schools get shoot up.
They should ask themselves why people who finish schools burned out due to mobbing aren't receiving high enough compensations to not seek vengeance.

(in reply to Neil N)
Post #: 5
RE: Documentation explaining how to modify and create n... - 12/30/2007 9:13:26 PM   
Neil N

quote:

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

1. Could someone tell me how team/vehicle/etc. values are calculated?
2. I'm working on a WWIII mod and I have a problem with making tanks - I can't get them to fire all their machineguns.

1. IIRC, the values column are not used, but rather leftover info from CC3. I could be wrong though.
2. This is corrected in the patch. If they have ammo, and the target is appropriate

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 6
RE: Documentation explaining how to modify and create n... - 12/30/2007 9:15:11 PM   
Raven302

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neil N

Grab the Data workbook that was posted right after the release. Explanations for every column of each data file.

Yea got that. Still could not get them to show after modifying the txt files...

(in reply to Neil N)
Post #: 7
RE: Documentation explaining how to modify and create n... - 12/30/2007 10:43:04 PM   
Perturabo

quote:

1. IIRC, the values column are not used, but rather leftover info from CC3. I could be wrong though.

The values can be useful for balancing scenarios and somehow were calculated - for example Abrams has value of 1159, T-80 - 643, T-55 - 409, Centralian Rifle Squad - 62, etc, etc, etc. I wonder if there's some kind of formula for calculating the unit value...

They should ask themselves why people who finish schools burned out due to mobbing aren't receiving high enough compensations to not seek vengeance.

(in reply to Neil N)
Post #: 8
RE: Documentation explaining how to modify and create n... - 12/30/2007 10:58:07 PM   
Neil N

When you added them to the Blueteams or Redteams, did you also increase the number in Cell A4?  That is the total number of teams in the Blueteams or Redteams file respectively.  So if you add 2 teams, add 2 to the number in cell A4 before saving.

If that is not it, I'm not sure what it could be...as I've not had any problems adding teams, vehicles or weapons.

(in reply to Raven302)
Post #: 9
RE: Documentation explaining how to modify and create n... - 4/4/2008 12:19:35 PM   
Xtiger

Hi,
The workbook is very nice but is it possible to use it to modify or create units, or is it just an help to know how make the changes ?

(in reply to Neil N)
Post #: 10
RE: Documentation explaining how to modify and create n... - 4/4/2008 8:19:43 PM   
Perturabo

Yes, it's possible.

(in reply to Xtiger)
Post #: 11
RE: Documentation explaining how to modify and create n... - 4/16/2008 12:10:46 AM   
Senior Drill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xtiger

Hi,
The workbook is very nice but is it possible to use it to modify or create units, or is it just an help to know how make the changes ?

Yes, you can use it, in fact it is the main purpose of the workbook. Make the changes, additions or deletions you want in the workbook (I'd suggest doing that on a copy of the worksheet, not on the worksheet that has the calculator formulas).

Adjust the line count number at the top left (cell A4 in the workbooks) counting from zero - 98 lines of data = 0 to 97 = 97 for the line count.

Make a backup copy of the Data\Base files you are editing and then open the \Data\Base\ file as a spreadsheet (BlueTeams.txt, RedTeams.txt, Soldiers.txt, Weapons.txt, Vehicles.txt and Elements.txt) . Highlight and copy the range of data from the workbook to include the line count number - but not the calculator formulas - and paste it to the proper file. If lines of data were deleted, ensure they are deleted in the new file.

Save the open file as Tab Delimited Text file - .txt. With MS Excel that is done by Save and choosing "Yes" to any warning pop up windows.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

(in reply to Xtiger)
Post #: 12
RE: Documentation explaining how to modify and create n... - 4/18/2008 9:01:58 PM   
Senior Drill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

quote:

The values can be useful for balancing scenarios and somehow were calculated - for example Abrams has value of 1159, T-80 - 643, T-55 - 409, Centralian Rifle Squad - 62, etc, etc, etc. I wonder if there's some kind of formula for calculating the unit value...

There has been discussion about the values columns in the data files on other modding fourms, but nothing is known for certain. The programmer for CCMT implied that they were not used, but some people feel that they are used by the AI to prioritize units targeted. The question still does not have an authoritative answer.

No one knows how Atomic Games first calculated the values or even if they did for games after CC3. Mods have always extrapolated the values from the stock games and other mods. CCMT's values are extrapolated from those found in the original CCM.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 13
RE: Documentation explaining how to modify and create n... - 5/13/2008 6:37:50 PM   
newabortion

Where is the job classifacations?

NeWaBoRtIoN: btw me and my buddys are haveing a huge discussion, who would win, Master chief or Link?
Daviald: Who is mater chief and link?
Daviald: :)
NeWaBoRtIoN: WTF

(in reply to Senior Drill)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Modern Tactics >> Mods and Scenarios >> Documentation explaining how to modify and create new units? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI