Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Small Ship, Big War

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Small Ship, Big War Page: <<   < prev  83 84 [85] 86 87   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/2/2008 2:55:43 AM   
kaleun

quote:

Are the players even allowed to bet? Seems like a bit of a conflict of interest there... Some guy named Pete Rose comes to mind...

So long as they bet for theirteam/s it's OK with me.

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 2521
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/2/2008 3:51:36 AM   
Onime No Kyo

CF, I just got caught up. Amazing writing as usual.

I foresee that Okubo will be the first player in the IJN league to get thrown out of the game......physically.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 2522
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/2/2008 4:47:44 AM   
tocaff

Shun catching...sounds like fun trying to score with him blocking the plate.  Hibiki might suffer more injuries playing baseball than the Allies have inflicted on her.

Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 2523
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/2/2008 9:22:52 AM   
Cuttlefish

December 16, 1943

Course: None
Attached to: Disbanded in port
Mission: None
System Damage: 1
Float Damage: 0
Fires: 0
Fuel: 475

Orders: Await further orders

---

Lieutenant Miharu strides along a passageway, heading towards the bridge. Ahead he spots a sailor. The man, who turns out to be Seaman Oizuma, comes to attention and salutes as he approaches. He gives Oizuma a nod as he passes, then stops and turns around.

“Seaman Oizuma, aren’t you supposed to be on the baseball field?” he asks.

“The Tigers are practicing right now, sir,” Oizuma says. “I’m playing second base for the Dragons.”

“I see,” says the lieutenant. He turns to leave when Oizuma speaks again.

“Sir, if I may ask,” Oizuma says. “Have you seen Benzaiten, sir?”

“No, I haven’t,” says Miharu. “Why, is she missing?”

“Yes sir,” says Oizuma. “I let her out to go hunting a couple of days ago and she hasn’t come back. Usually she’s back within a day. Sometimes I have to go find her, but she’s usually in the vegetable storage locker or someplace like that. But this time I can’t find her.”

“Hm,” says the Lieutenant. “I’ll pass the word and keep an eye open myself.”

“Thank you, sir,” says Oizuma, but the lieutenant thinks he still looks concerned. As he makes his way to the bridge Miharu remembers that his first response when he learned of the snake’s presence was to order the reptile destroyed. Shun talked him out of it, he recalls. As usual, listening to the Chief turned out to be a good idea. Having some of the more superstitious among the crew believe the snake brings the ship luck does no harm and gives the men confidence. As long as the snake stays healthy, that is, he thinks to himself. He really doesn’t like snakes, but he hopes Oizuma finds the serpent.

Things are quiet as he reaches the bridge. He picks up the log and backs up towards the captain’s seat, intending to perch there and look them over. As he starts to sit something hisses at him from the floor. He utters a muffled yell, springs forward, then whirls around. The few crewmen on the bridge all turn quickly and stare at him.

Coiled up under the seat, which is bolted to the back wall of the bridge, is a large Borneo blood python. It looks calmly up at the lieutenant, tongue flicking once in and out of its scaly jaws.

Lieutenant Miharu takes a deep breath and then turns to one of the crewmen. “Please inform Seaman Oizawa that his snake has been found,” he says as calmly as he can. “Ask him to come to the bridge at once to retrieve it.”

“Yes sir,” says the crewman, and departs. Lieutenant Miharu takes another deep breath. I bet that other destroyers in the fleet don’t have this problem, he thinks. Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 2524
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/2/2008 10:03:56 AM   
Terminus

Good Lord, for a moment I thought Benzaiten had disappeared entirely. Can we say "bad omen"?

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 2525
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/2/2008 3:29:49 PM   
Feinder

quote:

Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?

Indy!

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 2526
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/2/2008 4:57:04 PM   
kaleun

OMG
I also thought Benzaiten had gone!

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 2527
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/2/2008 5:18:35 PM   
Mike Solli

That would have been worse than losing one of the crew.

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 2528
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/2/2008 6:01:13 PM   
BrucePowers

He got your blood pumping, didn't he?

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 2529
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/2/2008 7:03:40 PM   
Admiral DadMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Good Lord, for a moment I thought Benzaiten had disappeared entirely. Can we say "bad omen"?

How about it would be bad if Benzaiten had tried to eat Lt. Miharu?

Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 2530
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/2/2008 7:15:10 PM   
Admiral DadMan

Reminds me of the movie "Major League".

CERRANO: "No hit curve ball. Straight ball, I hit it very much. Curve ball, bats are afraid. I ask Jo-buu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigars, and rum. He will come."

HARRIS: "I wouldn't leave that... rum sittin' around out here with this group."

CERRANO: (with a certain gravity) "Is very bad to steal Jo-Buu's rum. Is very bad."

< Message edited by Admiral DadMan -- 4/2/2008 7:24:45 PM >

Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

(in reply to Admiral DadMan)
Post #: 2531
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/2/2008 7:20:33 PM   
Gen.Hoepner

BTW, CF as always your writing is amazing

[image]http://yfrog.com/2m70331348022314716641664j [/image]

(in reply to Admiral DadMan)
Post #: 2532
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/2/2008 9:35:30 PM   
ChezDaJez

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

I wonder how many of these guys are concerned with making the Combined Fleet Hall of Fame?

I think most of them just want to survive the game!

Somehow I see the following situation developing... bottom of the ninth... Okubo pitching... Shun at bat... count is 3 and 2... bases loaded... Dragons lead by 3...

Any bets on whether Okubo would survive the encounter should he get the 3rd strike? How about a bean ball for the walk?

Of course, I can also foresee an allied air raid just as Okubo releases the ball!

Chez

Ret Navy AWCS (1972-1998)
VP-5, Jacksonville, Fl 1973-78
ASW Ops Center, Rota, Spain 1978-81
VP-40, Mt View, Ca 1981-87
Patrol Wing 10, Mt View, CA 1987-90
ASW Ops Center, Adak, Ak 1990-92
NRD Seattle 1992-96
VP-46, Whidbey Isl, Wa 1996-98

Post #: 2533
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/3/2008 7:22:30 AM   
Cuttlefish

December 17, 1943

---

Petty Officer Okubo and Seaman Moshizuke are both members of the deck force, and they go off duty at the same time that evening. Normally they would go their separate ways at once, but tonight Okubo hails Moshikzuke as they go below.

“A moment, Moshizuke,” says Okubo. Moshizuke turns, a wary look on his face. Moshizuke is frequently in trouble, and Okubo is frequently the one handing out the punishment.

“Yes, Petty Officer?” he says, coming to attention.

“Relax,” says Okubo. “I simply wanted to wish you good luck in the game tomorrow. In fact, I have drunk a toast with everyone on the Tigers today in the name of good sportsmanship.” He has Moshizuke wait, and he departs and returns a moment later with a bottle of sake and two small cups. Moshizuke notes that it is excellent sake, far better than he is usually able to obtain.

“Just a small drink, of course,” says Okubo as he fills the cups. “We want to be in good condition for the game tomorrow morning!” He sets the bottle down on the deck and lifts his cup.

“To spirited competition and fair play,” he says. “May the best team win.” Moshizuke is not the brightest man aboard Hibiki, but even so he can’t help but be a little suspicious. “Fair play” is not a concept often associated with Okubo. Still, the offer seems genuine and in any event even hesitating to accept such a gesture might be enough to offend the petty officer. Moshizuke lifts his cup and drinks. It is good sake indeed.

Okubo reaches out and takes his cup. “Well, that’s it for me,” he says. “I need to get plenty of sleep if I am to pitch well tomorrow.”

“Good night, Petty Officer, and good luck tomorrow,” says Moshizuke, moved by Okubo’s gesture. Okubo nods pleasantly and goes below. Moshizuke is about to follow when he notices that Okubo has forgotten his bottle of sake. It is nearly full. He reaches down and picks it up.

Moshizuke is starting at shortstop for Captain Ishii’s team tomorrow. He very much wants to play well, to redeem the captain’s opinion of him and to prove to himself that he still has his former skill. But he has been forbidden to drink for several weeks now and his every attempt to obtain alcohol has been thwarted. Surely one or two more drinks couldn’t hurt. In fact they might help loosen him up for tomorrow’s game, he thinks. As long as he stops after one or two drinks he should be fine.

One thing that can’t happen is for Shun or somebody like that to come along and find him on deck clutching a bottle of sake. He conceals the bottle as best he can and hurries below.

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 2534
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/3/2008 9:25:12 AM   
String

Ah, that clever OKubo

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 2535
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/3/2008 1:12:07 PM   
Terminus

That's just mean, that's what that is!

(in reply to String)
Post #: 2536
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/3/2008 4:23:57 PM   
tocaff

...come a little closer said the spider to the fly...

Todd

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 2537
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/3/2008 4:28:32 PM   
kaleun

Nicely done Okubo!

(That's not actually cheating)

Sun Tzu

(in reply to tocaff)
Post #: 2538
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/3/2008 8:56:17 PM   
ny59giants

If this was being played in America, he could send over some whores to his hotel room to "tire him out" before the big game.

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 2539
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/3/2008 9:00:31 PM   
tocaff

Nope, couldn't send over the girls as this is a PG rated thread, PG for violence.

Todd

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 2540
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/3/2008 10:16:02 PM   
princep01

You know, a guy like Petty Officer Okubo could bring back the practice of keel-hauling.  An excellent character, Mr. Cuttlefish.

I also await, with interest, Okubo's brushback pitch to Shun.  That may bring forth that most malevolant of "smiles" from the Chief.

(in reply to tocaff)
Post #: 2541
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/4/2008 9:48:18 PM   
Cuttlefish

December 18, 1943

---

Riku checks his clipboard. He has just collected the last load of gear from Shiro and sent it ashore and now he quickly runs down the list of players on both teams. The only player unaccounted for is Moshizuke. Riku turns to Shoji, who is standing nearby.

“Hey Shoji, have you seen Moshizuke?” Riku asks him.

Shoji shakes his head. “I think he bunks aft,” he says. “I’ll go see if I can find him.” Riku thanks him and Shoji hurries away. He returns just a few minutes later.

“I found him,” he says, “but I don’t think he’s going to be playing baseball this morning.”

“Show me,” Riku says. Shoji leads him aft. They are followed by Shiro, who has just arrived on deck.

---

“Moshizuke, you idiot,” says Riku, lifting an empty bottle of sake. Moshizuke does not answer, as he is fast asleep on his pallet.

“The Captain is going to kill him,” says Shiro with worry.

“I’ll kill him!” yelps Shoji. “I have money on the Tigers! Wake up, Moshizuke, wake up!” He prods the recumbent sailor with his foot. Moshizuke stirs and mumbles but does not reach full consciousness.

“This calls for emergency measures,” says Riku. “Living in a family full of drunks has advantages. Shiro, bring me a green sea anemone, a big one, and an empty jar. Shoji, I need a bottle of vinegar, a little bit of grease, some squid ink, and a yam. Get the ripest one you can, overripe would be good.” The two stare at him curiously, but he shoos them out of the room and on their way.

---

The items are assembled. Riku works quickly, aware that time is growing short. He begins mixing ingredients in the jar. Both Shiro and Shoji watch curiously as he gets to the anemone, but when they see what he is going to do they turn quickly away. Shiro looks a little green in the dim light.

Soon the concoction is ready. It looks vile and gives off an evil smell. “Prop him up,” says Riku. The other two do so and Riku kneels. “Drink up,” he tells Moshizuke cheerfully, then opens the sleeping man’s mouth and pours in some of the liquid. He then quickly sets the jar down behind him and clamps Moshizuke’s mouth shut. The sailor swallows reflexively.

The results are interesting, to say the least. Moshizuke’s eyes suddenly snap open and he utters a muffled scream. Riku removes his hand and Moshizuke shoots to his feet, a wild look on his face.

“Aaaah!” he says. “Gaaah!”

Riku beams. “Grandmother’s recipe,” he tells Shiro and Shoji. “Works every time.”

---

“Glad you could join us, Seaman Moshizuke,” says Captain Ishii dryly as Moshizuke comes trotting up. Moshizuke’s eyes are still a little wild but he looks ready to play.

“Yes sir, I’m sorry sir,” says Moshizuke. His voice is a little hoarse. The captain eyes him but says nothing further.

“All right, let’s get this game started,” he says. He steps towards the field and raises his voice. “Play ball!”

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 2542
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/4/2008 10:09:24 PM   
Terminus

Yikes!

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 2543
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/4/2008 10:39:45 PM   
bradfordkay

After drinking that concoction, I am surprised that the poor fellow isn't in the heads puking his guts out...

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 2544
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/4/2008 11:11:23 PM   
HarryM

Great!

Post #: 2545
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/5/2008 12:05:12 AM   
Cuttlefish

December 18, 1943 (continued):

The Tigers have been selected as the visiting team and bat first. Okubo retires the first two batters without trouble but then Torpedoman Hosogaya, the Tiger’s first baseman, singles. This brings Shun to the plate.

Most of the crew is seated along both base lines, watching the game and offering cheers, catcalls, and helpful advice to their shipmates. As Shun digs in, however, they all fall silent. Okubo versus Shun is without question the most awaited matchup of the game.

Taiki crouches behind the catcher and takes a deep breath. So far calling the balls and strikes has been easy, though standing there without protective gear of any kind he feels a little like he is standing out on a firing range. Okubo throws the baseball very hard. Shun settles into the right hand batter’s box. Taiki notes that the bat looks almost small in the Chief’s big fists.

Out on the mound Okubo rolls his shoulders to loosen them and then pitches. The first one is low and Shun watches it go by. Okubo’s next pitch is a fastball right on the outside edge of the plate. Taiki eyes it carefully and recalls that if any part of the ball crosses the plate at the appropriate level it should be called a strike.

“Strike!” he says, raising his right hand. Shun turns and gives him a baleful basilisk stare, then takes his stance again. The next pitch is almost identical, and Taiki again calls it a strike. This time Shun turns fully around and stares at him. Taiki straightens slowly and looks back Sweat trickles down the back of his neck, and it isn’t just from standing in the morning sunshine. Over on the first base bench Captain Ishii looks on impassively.

“One ball, two strikes,” says Taiki. “Take your stance, Chief.” He is pleased there is no quaver in his voice. Shun grunts and turns away, cocking his bat over his shoulder. Taiki can see he his now gripping the bat so hard his knuckles are white.

Okubo tries to do the same thing again, but this time the pitch comes in a couple of inches further inside and belt high. Shun swings so hard he grunts with the force of it.

Shun gets slightly under the pitch, but even so the ball sails high into the clear air of Kwajalein. There is a collective “ooh” from the onlookers as they follow the trajectory of the ball. In dead center field Lieutenant JG Nakagawa races back. He turns right up against the chain link fence and raises his glove. The ball drops into it and the inning is over. Shun, already nearing second base, simply shakes his head once and trots off the field.

---

It is now the bottom of the fourth inning. The Dragons lead, 2 to 1. Seaman Itokawa, one of the ship’s cooks, does not throw as hard or as accurately as Okubo but he has a pretty good curveball, a difficult pitch for most of Sakati’s players to hit.

Okubo leads off, however, and he has faced curveballs before. He waits on one and singles to left. The next batter hits a hard ground ball to shortstop. Moshizuke’s complexion is still an odd color but he moves quickly to his right and snares the ball. He turns and snaps a good throw to the second baseman. The second baseman snags it, forcing Okubo, but as he turns to throw to first and complete the double play Okubo comes in with a hard slide. Amid a concealing spray of sand and dirt Okubo lashes out and catches the second baseman under the left kneecap with a vicious kick. The man collapses, clutching his knee.

“So very sorry,” says Okubo, standing and moving solicitously to help the man, who is now rolling on his back. Nakagawa comes running in from the bench. He looks the knee over and then helps the man off the field. Ishii sends in a replacement and the game continues.

---

The game goes into the bottom of the eighth tied 4 to 4. Okubo again leads off and doubles down the left field line. The next two batters pop out and strike out, respectively, but then Nakagawa slaps a hard single to center. Okubo churns around third and heads to the plate. Shun moves up to block and the throw comes in on one hop, right on target. Okubo slides headfirst, reaching around Shun for the plate.

Taiki is standing right over the play and he sees Shun snag the ball with his bare hand. Shun brings hand and ball down in a hard tag right on the back of Okubo’s head.

“The runner is out!” calls Taiki. Okubo’s face bounces off the dirt. Taiki sees Shun bend over Okubo and hears him speak in a low voice.

“Try kicking another infielder and next time they will carry you off the field,” Shun says. Taiki steps back, giving no sign he has heard anything. Okubo stands, nose bleeding and face caked with dust, and reels away to clean up and prepare for the ninth inning.

Okubo may be getting tired, or perhaps Shun’s tag has a lingering effect. In any event the first batter walks, and then with one out Shun hits a line drive up the gap in left center field. It strikes the chain link fence so hard it sticks in the mesh. Taiki calls it a ground rule double, which leaves runners at second and third. Okubo takes a deep breath and strikes out the next batter, which brings Moshizuke to the plate.

Moshizuke has fielded his position well but has had trouble today catching up with Okubo’s fastball. This time, however, he grounds the second pitch hard past the shortstop. The shortstop dives but the ball hits a bit of coral or something and takes a hop past his outstretched glove and into the outfield. Two runs score and the Tigers lead for the first time, 6 to 4.

---

That is how the game ends. The Tigers score no more runs in their half of the inning and the Dragons go out in order in the bottom of the ninth. After the final pitch Shun straightens from his catching position and turns to Taiki.

“You did a good job today,” is all he says. He pulls off his catcher’s mitt and goes to join his teammates. Onlookers and players mingle, everyone talking about the game, and Taiki goes and mops his face off with a towel.

Captain Ishii is pleased with the game and gives the players the rest of the day off. The other crewmen return to the ship, talking animatedly about what they have seen. Those who made money are a bit more cheerful than those who lost their bets, of course. Already there is a lot of anticipation building for the next game, to be held in three days.

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 2546
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/5/2008 1:22:29 AM   
John 3rd

Well done!

Shun--as the catcher--would be terrifying if I was looking to slide into Home Plate!

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 2547
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/5/2008 2:42:43 AM   
BrucePowers

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cuttlefish

December 18, 1943

---

Riku checks his clipboard. He has just collected the last load of gear from Shiro and sent it ashore and now he quickly runs down the list of players on both teams. The only player unaccounted for is Moshizuke. Riku turns to Shoji, who is standing nearby.

“Hey Shoji, have you seen Moshizuke?” Riku asks him.

Shoji shakes his head. “I think he bunks aft,” he says. “I’ll go see if I can find him.” Riku thanks him and Shoji hurries away. He returns just a few minutes later.

“I found him,” he says, “but I don’t think he’s going to be playing baseball this morning.”

“Show me,” Riku says. Shoji leads him aft. They are followed by Shiro, who has just arrived on deck.

---

“Moshizuke, you idiot,” says Riku, lifting an empty bottle of sake. Moshizuke does not answer, as he is fast asleep on his pallet.

“The Captain is going to kill him,” says Shiro with worry.

“I’ll kill him!” yelps Shoji. “I have money on the Tigers! Wake up, Moshizuke, wake up!” He prods the recumbent sailor with his foot. Moshizuke stirs and mumbles but does not reach full consciousness.

“This calls for emergency measures,” says Riku. “Living in a family full of drunks has advantages. Shiro, bring me a green sea anemone, a big one, and an empty jar. Shoji, I need a bottle of vinegar, a little bit of grease, some squid ink, and a yam. Get the ripest one you can, overripe would be good.” The two stare at him curiously, but he shoos them out of the room and on their way.

---

The items are assembled. Riku works quickly, aware that time is growing short. He begins mixing ingredients in the jar. Both Shiro and Shoji watch curiously as he gets to the anemone, but when they see what he is going to do they turn quickly away. Shiro looks a little green in the dim light.

Soon the concoction is ready. It looks vile and gives off an evil smell. “Prop him up,” says Riku. The other two do so and Riku kneels. “Drink up,” he tells Moshizuke cheerfully, then opens the sleeping man’s mouth and pours in some of the liquid. He then quickly sets the jar down behind him and clamps Moshizuke’s mouth shut. The sailor swallows reflexively.

The results are interesting, to say the least. Moshizuke’s eyes suddenly snap open and he utters a muffled scream. Riku removes his hand and Moshizuke shoots to his feet, a wild look on his face.

“Aaaah!” he says. “Gaaah!”

Riku beams. “Grandmother’s recipe,” he tells Shiro and Shoji. “Works every time.”

---

“Glad you could join us, Seaman Moshizuke,” says Captain Ishii dryly as Moshizuke comes trotting up. Moshizuke’s eyes are still a little wild but he looks ready to play.

“Yes sir, I’m sorry sir,” says Moshizuke. His voice is a little hoarse. The captain eyes him but says nothing further.

“All right, let’s get this game started,” he says. He steps towards the field and raises his voice. “Play ball!”

This reminds me a scene from Rio Bravo with John Wayne, Robert Mitchum and James Caan

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 2548
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/5/2008 4:37:27 AM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

War crime trial in Tokyo to follow!!

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to Cuttlefish)
Post #: 2549
RE: Small Ship, Big War - 4/5/2008 4:40:27 AM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

This reminds me a scene from Rio Bravo with John Wayne, Robert Mitchum and James Caan

Nope, you're thinking of "El Dorado". "Rio Bravo" was with the Duke and Dean Martin, Ricky Nelson, and Angie Dickinson. (And just happens to be my all-time favorite Western.)

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 2550
Page:   <<   < prev  83 84 [85] 86 87   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Small Ship, Big War Page: <<   < prev  83 84 [85] 86 87   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI