Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

LAN/ISP TCP/IP problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> LAN/ISP TCP/IP problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
LAN/ISP TCP/IP problem - 9/26/2000 3:28:00 PM   
Stahler

Gentlemen, I have another question to bug you with I am trying to start an internet game but as I have a LAN it just creates a local game with my local IP-address. Is there a way of starting the game with the IP from my ISP? I have no problem with this in other online games. Thanks for any help! Stahler

Post #: 1
- 9/26/2000 9:36:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

Just enter the IP of the host you want to connect to - WINIPCFG will tell you your IP. The game should report your IP when you choose ONLNE GAM. Its the xxx.xx.xxx.xx sort of number that appears. But its the IP of the computer you want to connect to you need to enter. Note that this game does not support directplay so you have to disable internet connection sharing on the host (You should be able to join). Same if you have two network cards in a PC - the game may not be able to resolve the dfference to let you host (but you should be able to join). I had a problem when I had one computer set up as a able modem server and linked to the other computer through a 2nd network card. Now I have teh cable modem plugged directly into into the hub and only one NIC in each PC. This requires the cable modem to be configured with seperat IP addresses (4.95 extra for teh additional IP) but solved LOTS of problems for me... Now play on a household LAN with no problem. [This message has been edited by Paul Vebber (edited September 26, 2000).]

(in reply to Stahler)
Post #: 2
- 9/26/2000 10:54:00 PM   
Stahler

As you say connecting to a game is no problem, just hosting. I don't have any odd setup, just one network card and a dialup connection to my ISP. No connection sharing and no firewalls, just a local TCP/IP net. I have however found one workaround solution: When running Windows 2000 I can deactivate the LAN. Then I get the dialup connection IP from my ISP when starting SPWaw and can host a game. Fortunately SPWaw works excellent on W2K I don't think deactivating the LAN is possible in Windows 9X except for uninstalling the LAN network or protocol. Stahler

(in reply to Stahler)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> LAN/ISP TCP/IP problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI