Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

No Association Expansion after installing 1.71 Run-Time ERROR 3061

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> No Association Expansion after installing 1.71 Run-Time ERROR 3061 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No Association Expansion after installing 1.71 Run-Time... - 4/6/2008 1:17:37 AM   
dlh55

I started a new Replay association as soon as I updated to 1.71.
I completed the 1900 season with the 8 Team National League division.
I got the "Would you like to expand the association at this time?" and answered YES.
I selected the 16 Team association with two 8 Team Divisions.
After selecting Expansion Team 1 and Edit Expansion Team Details I get "Run-Time ERROR 3061 Too few parameters. Expected 1.
After pressing OK get "Run-Time ERROR 97= Can not call friend function on object which is not an instance of defining class.
Pressing OK takes me back to the Puresim Baseball main screen.
Post #: 1
RE: No Association Expansion after installing 1.71 Run-... - 4/6/2008 1:56:02 AM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: dlh55

I started a new Replay association as soon as I updated to 1.71.
I completed the 1900 season with the 8 Team National League division.
I got the "Would you like to expand the association at this time?" and answered YES.
I selected the 16 Team association with two 8 Team Divisions.
After selecting Expansion Team 1 and Edit Expansion Team Details I get "Run-Time ERROR 3061 Too few parameters. Expected 1.
After pressing OK get "Run-Time ERROR 97= Can not call friend function on object which is not an instance of defining class.
Pressing OK takes me back to the Puresim Baseball main screen.

What expansion does is add a random team to an existing league. You set up the association with one league, so expanding into two leagues was illegal. That's where you messed up. It isn't the program's fault. It's not set up to allow creation of new historical leagues in an existing association.

Are you playing with historical rosters? My suggestion is to start with 1903, and adopt usage of Crash Davis' PS Teams 1.71 add-in. This allows import of Retrosheet schedules when using historical leagues that incorporate relocations.

(in reply to dlh55)
Post #: 2
RE: No Association Expansion after installing 1.71 Run-... - 4/6/2008 5:13:53 AM   
dlh55

Thanks for the reply KG but this is the way I've started many Associations prior to 1.71. Never a problem before.
I had 5 such associations (doing comparisons) going before this update that I started in 1900 and into 1933 season.

Normally after selecting EDIT EXPANSION TEAM DETAILS a new screen appears called EXPANSION TEAM DETAILS and has 2 options.

Option 1: Enter a custom name & region. There was a box to enter TEAM NAME and a click here to select region.
Option 2: Name and Region on a real life team (select from dropdown).

After completing the expansion draft I would go into Crash Davis' PS Teams and make all the changes for 1901.
Then go back into Puresim Baseball run Spring Training and the 1901 retrosheet schedule was available afterward.

I think I'm going to re-install 1.70 just to see if I'm doing something wrong.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 3
RE: No Association Expansion after installing 1.71 Run-... - 4/6/2008 7:12:39 AM   
dlh55

After re-installing 1.70 the GOOD news is that expanding the 1900 NL 8 team association to 1901 2 league, 2 division, 8 teams per division worked with no problems.

The GREAT news is after re-applying the 1.71 patch the 1900 to 1901 expansion is also working. There must have been a problem the first time I ran the update.

(in reply to dlh55)
Post #: 4
RE: No Association Expansion after installing 1.71 Run-... - 4/6/2008 8:31:58 AM   
dlh55

Association expansion was working until I realized I had not re-installed lahman55 into the Puresim folder.
With lahman55 in the game NO ASSOCIATION EXPANSION is possible.
When I delete lahman55 ASSOCIATION EXPANSION works everytime.

Is lahman55 only needed for the 2007 players?

(in reply to dlh55)
Post #: 5
RE: No Association Expansion after installing 1.71 Run-... - 4/6/2008 4:08:48 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: dlh55

Association expansion was working until I realized I had not re-installed lahman55 into the Puresim folder.
With lahman55 in the game NO ASSOCIATION EXPANSION is possible.
When I delete lahman55 ASSOCIATION EXPANSION works everytime.

Is lahman55 only needed for the 2007 players?

Hmm. This sounds like it might be a bug. Let me have a look.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to dlh55)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Tech Support >> No Association Expansion after installing 1.71 Run-Time ERROR 3061 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI