Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How do we activate a link Campaign in this series?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> How do we activate a link Campaign in this series? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do we activate a link Campaign in this series? - 4/8/2008 10:30:55 PM   
Miamieagle

I have been trying to activate the Shose string and the Eagle link campaign and I have not any succes!

I rooted back to the John tillers campaign folder and to the Western Front folder. Three folder show up. the are call extra folder,special forlder and another folder call picture folder. I think I clicked on the extral folder with my mouse.

the campaing did showed up but it was corrupted. Everthing was out ficus and not working!

< Message edited by Miamieagle -- 4/8/2008 11:17:56 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: How do we activavate a link Campaign in this series? - 4/8/2008 10:42:07 PM   
Jason Petho

Saving the file in the root folder of the campaign game you are playing should work fine.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Miamieagle)
Post #: 2
RE: How do we activavate a link Campaign in this series? - 4/8/2008 11:03:51 PM   
Miamieagle

I have tried that and it has not work. Can you give me a better illustration. The manual is not very not very good in explaining the process to its reader.

Any help on the subject will be aprecciated.

< Message edited by Miamieagle -- 4/8/2008 11:50:31 PM >

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 3
RE: How do we activavate a link Campaign in this series? - 4/8/2008 11:12:11 PM   
Jason Petho

Fortunately, this hiccup will be resolved with 1.03.

In the meantime:

Delete any existing campaigns you have going as they may be the root of the problem.

Select the campaign you wish to play (assuming WEST FRONT)

When the dialogue pops up asking where you would like to save, browse to the WEST FRONT folder and save the file there.

The Linked Campaign should function properly after that.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Miamieagle)
Post #: 4
RE: How do we activavate a link Campaign in this series? - 4/8/2008 11:13:10 PM   
1925frank

I'm confused, so ignore me if I misunderstand.

I'm thinking when you saved your Linked Campaign Game, you saved it to the wrong folder.  You have to manually select the correct folder -- West Front, East Front or Rising Sun.  You probably saved your game but in some other folder.

When you tried to retrieve it from the West Front folder (assuming you're playing a WF linked campaign), you failed because it's not there.  The saved file is in some other folder.

This is one of the things Patch 1.03 is going to correct.  Linked Campaigns will be saved automatically to the correct folder.

To find out where the saved folder might have been sent, about all I can suggest is try a new linked game, try to save it, and see where your computer tries to send the saved file.  You might find the earlier saved file in the same folder.  You can then send it to the West Front folder, and from that point forward, it should work.

(in reply to Miamieagle)
Post #: 5
RE: How do we activavate a link Campaign in this series? - 4/8/2008 11:59:27 PM   
Miamieagle

Yes! I try to save them in their appropiate folders call Sunrise and Western Front folder but when I click on them several other folder showed up not letting me finnish the the process there. the extra folder are the one call special forlder and another folder call picture folder and in the Western Front version a aditional folder call extra folder showed up. I think I clicked on the extral folder with my mouse. Then the campaign display was all out distorded and non functional.

Any help will bee appreciated!

Thank you ahead of time

< Message edited by Miamieagle -- 4/9/2008 12:06:10 AM >

(in reply to 1925frank)
Post #: 6
RE: How do we activavate a link Campaign in this series? - 4/9/2008 12:04:30 AM   
Miamieagle

I have a question. Where do the Link campaign files get store in the program. Maybe that will help me!

(in reply to Miamieagle)
Post #: 7
RE: How do we activavate a link Campaign in this series? - 4/9/2008 12:23:49 AM   
1925frank

If you try to save a new linked campaign game, a window will appear, and you will be given an option where to save the file.  The default folder will not be West Front but something else.  Look to see what the default folder is.  It sounds like it was a folder called Extra within the West Front folder.  Whatever it is, figure out where it is, e.g., C drive, programs, Matrix, John Tiller's Campaign Series, West Front, Extra.

Exit the game. open the West Front folder, look for a subfolder called Extra, and open it.  That's probably where your saved game went.  Then you copy the saved game file and paste it in the West Front File.

I'm terrible at computer stuff, so if I'm giving Miamieagle bad advice, please speak up.

It might be best to follow Jason's advice and start over, and when you save the game, be sure that "West Front" appears in the window.

Or you can wait for Patch 1.03, and then start your linked campaign, and the problem will take care of itself.

(in reply to Miamieagle)
Post #: 8
RE: How do we activavate a link Campaign in this series? - 4/9/2008 2:27:34 AM   
Miamieagle

No you are not giving terrible me advice!

I appreciate any well intended advice.

Thank you

I just hoped someone more familiar with this propgram like Jason Patho would give me a answer!

It will surely help me correct this problem until Patch 103 is available.

< Message edited by Miamieagle -- 4/9/2008 2:29:32 AM >

(in reply to 1925frank)
Post #: 9
RE: How do we activavate a link Campaign in this series? - 4/9/2008 2:52:45 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miamieagle

I just hoped someone more familiar with this propgram like Jason Patho would give me a answer!

Post #4 in this thread is my response. Following those steps should solve the problem.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Miamieagle)
Post #: 10
RE: How do we activavate a link Campaign in this series? - 4/9/2008 4:25:29 PM   
Miamieagle

Thank you!

I figure it out!

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> How do we activate a link Campaign in this series? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI