Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The 1.03 UPDATE

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: The 1.03 UPDATE Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/8/2008 10:20:32 PM   
Miamieagle

Thank you and your group for all your work in upgrading this campaing series for our collective pleasure!

< Message edited by Miamieagle -- 4/8/2008 10:21:11 PM >

(in reply to Mraah)
Post #: 31
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/8/2008 10:44:32 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mraah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho
There will be a thread available to put in requests for custom units, which could be added to the primary files.
Jason Petho

Jason,

Could you please start a sticky thread immediately so we put our requests in as soon as possible?
I had some M4 sherman variants that I was going to use for my DCG in v1.03.

How often do you expect an update to the OOB/OBX to occur?

Also, I supoose it's not as simple as updating the OOB/OBX since the game needs to know which file is good/current ?

Thanks,

Rob

Revised OOB/OBX files will be included with normal updates.

Wait until you see the Sherman variants available in 1.03, yours might already be included.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Mraah)
Post #: 32
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/8/2008 11:20:42 PM   
Mraah

quote:

Wait until you see the Sherman variants available in 1.03, yours might already be included.
Jason Petho

Ahh, very good!! Thank you.

Another question ... I didn't see it in the feature list, however ....

Currently, the MAP for the DCG appears to be limited to a size 624x362.

1. Is there a change in v1.03 to allow larger maps?
2. If not, are there plans in future releases to allow for larger maps?

Thank you in advance,
Rob

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 33
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/8/2008 11:24:22 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

quote:

Jason Petho

Ahh, very good!! Thank you.

Another question ... I didn't see it in the feature list, however ....

Currently, the MAP for the DCG appears to be limited to a size 624x362.

1. Is there a change in v1.03 to allow larger maps?
2. If not, are there plans in future releases to allow for larger maps?

Thank you in advance,
Rob

No change for larger maps that I am aware of.

The DCG document does explain how to edit the maps though which may allow you to have them bigger or smaller.

The restrictions were lifted from the map editors for 1.03 but I haven't had much luck generating a 500+ wide map in East Front. Oddly enough there are no limitations for height that I have found. It could be that my computer system is outdated.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Mraah)
Post #: 34
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/8/2008 11:31:44 PM   
Mraah

Jason,

I'm sorry, when I meant 624x362 I meant the .bmp pixel size for the image, not hex size.

Rob

EDIT NOTE : The campaign image , ie for Road to Berlin it uses the file "The Road to Germany-map.bmp"

< Message edited by Mraah -- 4/8/2008 11:36:49 PM >

Post #: 35
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/8/2008 11:58:57 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

Jason,

I'm sorry, when I meant 624x362 I meant the .bmp pixel size for the image, not hex size.

Rob

EDIT NOTE : The campaign image , ie for Road to Berlin it uses the file "The Road to Germany-map.bmp"

Ah! No, that was not changed yet. Possibly in the future though!

Jason Petho

(in reply to Mraah)
Post #: 36
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/9/2008 12:11:28 AM   
Miamieagle

Thank you and your group for all you have done for us!

What is it meant by concealmeant. How those it effect the game?

(in reply to Mraah)
Post #: 37
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/9/2008 1:26:38 AM   
TAIL GUNNER

So who can I bribe to implement this wonderful new feature into those monster Market Garden and Overlord scenarios?

EDIT: Ah crap, I accidently edited your post, Juggalo! Sorry!! Jason Petho

< Message edited by Jason Petho -- 4/9/2008 1:39:04 AM >

"If you want peace, prepare for war."

(in reply to Miamieagle)
Post #: 38
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/9/2008 1:39:10 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Juggalo

So who can I bribe to implement this wonderful new feature into those monster Market Garden and Overlord scenarios?

It will be as simple as opening up the scenario in the editor and changing one thing, then saving.

Jason Petho

(in reply to TAIL GUNNER)
Post #: 39
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/9/2008 2:16:59 AM   
Miamieagle

You still have not given me a answer to this question?

Post #: 40
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/9/2008 2:23:16 AM   
Miamieagle

I have another question? Is it possibe to give the Ai and players the option of having the troops and vehicle move a bit faster like the flight Simulators have. This way it would make the bigger scenerios more manageble and sensible.

< Message edited by Miamieagle -- 4/9/2008 2:31:48 AM >

(in reply to Miamieagle)
Post #: 41
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/9/2008 2:47:40 AM   
michammer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miamieagle

I have another question? Is it possibe to give the Ai and players the option of having the troops and vehicle move a bit faster like the flight Simulators have. This way it would make the bigger scenerios more manageble and sensible.

On the menu, under OPTIONS, click "Fast Human Player" and "Fast Computer Player". I would advise only using this in areas known to be free of the enemy.

(in reply to Miamieagle)
Post #: 42
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/9/2008 2:49:08 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

You still have not given me a answer to this question?

quote:

5.25 Concealment Values & Fog of
If “Fog of ” is on, enemy units are not automatically revealed when one or more of “your” friendly units has a line of sight to that enemy unit’s location. Each unit in the game has a “Concealment Value” (“UC#” in the formula below), and each full-hex terrain type has a “Concealment value (“TC#”), that the program utilizes when determining whether or not that unit has been “spotted” by the enemy. The program uses the follow¬ing calculation (in the formula, “FRD” means “fractions rounded down”):

(UC# + SP of unit [halved, FRD if non-vehicular] + TC#) – (modified range/2 [FRD])

The “modified range” is based on the hexside terrain (if any) being viewed “through” (i.e., if the line of sight from the viewing unit crosses a hexside terrain type as it enters the hex of the unit being viewed). The hexside “range modifier” is added to the range (in effect increasing the range). The number determined by the formula is then “bounded” by 0 and 8 (in other words, it cannot be lower than “0” or greater than “8”). The program then gen¬erates a random number from 0 to 9 (inclusive); if that random number is =the final num¬ber from the formula the affected unit becomes spotted (i.e., visible on the game map).

When a unit moves or fires it is always revealed. In order to become unspotted, a unit must regain its concealment status by beginning its turn out of the line of sight of all enemy unit.

From the manual.

For concealment values of the various terrain types, see section 5.24

Jason Petho

(in reply to Miamieagle)
Post #: 43
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/9/2008 2:50:53 AM   
Jason Petho

Thanks michammer!

Jason Petho

(in reply to michammer)
Post #: 44
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/9/2008 3:31:07 AM   
John in SoFla

Hi Jason:

Long time since I looked at the forums...nice coincidence that I looked as an update was announced. Since I am not much of a "computer guy" I went to the Update section of the menu to download the new version but got an error stating I had the most recent version (I have 1.02). So, how do I download the new version then? Thanks in advance for the usual fast response.

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

(in reply to Mraah)
Post #: 45
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/9/2008 3:34:50 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: John in SoFla

Hi Jason:

Long time since I looked at the forums...nice coincidence that I looked as an update was announced. Since I am not much of a "computer guy" I went to the Update section of the menu to download the new version but got an error stating I had the most recent version (I have 1.02). So, how do I download the new version then? Thanks in advance for the usual fast response.

Hi John

The 1.03 UPDATE hasn't been released to the public yet, it has been sent to Matrix for "processing".

I don't imagine it will be too long before it is released to everyone. Your UPDATE button on the menu will function properly when it is ready.

Jason Petho

(in reply to John in SoFla)
Post #: 46
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/9/2008 4:22:13 AM   
GavinP

Jason ..

A quick question vis a vis the update installation process.

Will you have to install it the same way as the 1:2 update -- ie upload it into existing CS program by entering serial number .. ?

I remmber this caused me a wee headwache last time, because I simple cut and pasted into CS file until I was informed otherwise ....

Cheers

GavinP

Post #: 47
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/9/2008 4:41:09 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: GavinP

Jason ..

A quick question vis a vis the update installation process.

Will you have to install it the same way as the 1:2 update -- ie upload it into existing CS program by entering serial number .. ?

I remmber this caused me a wee headwache last time, because I simple cut and pasted into CS file until I was informed otherwise ....

Cheers

GavinP

I would imagine the serial will be required for the installation of the 1.03 UPDATE, hopefully it will only have to be entered once though.

Jason Petho

(in reply to GavinP)
Post #: 48
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/9/2008 4:54:49 PM   
Miamieagle

I read you where incorporating a new a method of concealment on the Eastern Front with patch 102. Thats was what I was really inquiring about!

I know you can speed the troops movements with the OPTIONS, mode and  clicking on  "Fast Human Player" and "Fast Computer Player. What Iäm taking about of having the option of several different speeds options that would allow us the player to play in bigger maps and with different and with bigger Units like Corps and Armies in the Eastern Front and the Western Front and perhaps the Chinenese Front plus the Philipines and Okinawa camapings.

I not only play with this game but I like to fly with several Flight Simulator like Combat flight Simulator 1 and 2 plus on occations with CFS3 as well. I also have IL46 which is a excellent Eastern Front and Pacific Theater combat flight Simulator. They all give you the option of speeding up your flight leading to the action zone. Other wise when I go flying in those long Pacific missions to intercept a enemy fleet in would take me hours to finish the mission.

Very few of us in our Modern society has that kind of time. I was thinking that we should give users of this program the same type of options. Something like to speed thing up from one to five. ALL should be done within reason since we are talking about ground units and not about arial units. Everthing should slow down to normal once the unit in a area has contact with enemy.

Thats what Iäm talking about!

Post #: 49
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/9/2008 5:18:08 PM   
Jason Petho

Try watching the action in Zoom level 4 or 5, that would speed things up considerably for larger scenarios.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Miamieagle)
Post #: 50
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/10/2008 1:09:46 AM   
Ladmo

Forgive me if I am being dense, but do I understand correctly that the oob (at least platoon) level is essentially locked out? I was going to post on this, but I really feel I need to make sure I understand what this change will be before I do (it will be a courteous but less the joyful post). If there is some provision for modding - and this game has benefited tremendously from said activity - then I need to hold my fire. If I have missed a post and have got the wrong end of the stick, I humbly await correction.

With Respect, Ladmo

"The world is not divided into East and West anymore; it is divided into North and South..."

Post #: 51
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/10/2008 1:42:24 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ladmo

Forgive me if I am being dense, but do I understand correctly that the oob (at least platoon) level is essentially locked out? I was going to post on this, but I really feel I need to make sure I understand what this change will be before I do (it will be a courteous but less the joyful post). If there is some provision for modding - and this game has benefited tremendously from said activity - then I need to hold my fire. If I have missed a post and have got the wrong end of the stick, I humbly await correction.

With Respect, Ladmo

With 1.03, the weapon pdx and platoon obx files will be "locked out".

While you will be able to modify the files to your hearts content, but you will not be able to encrypt the files and use them in against other players.

There are options, of course:

1. There will be a thread available for NEW UNIT and new country requests. The requests will be gone through and eventually added to future updates (1.04, 1.05, etc).

2. If you are building a significant MOD that requires new platoon files, etc, feel free to send me the files and I will be happy to convert them for you. Again, keep in mind, you will not be able to play against anyone else that does not have the same files.

I will try to be as accomodating as I can, but this policy is here to stay.

Hope that helps.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Ladmo)
Post #: 52
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/10/2008 3:33:32 AM   
cw58

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ladmo

With Respect, Ladmo

With 1.03, the weapon pdx and platoon obx files will be "locked out".

While you will be able to modify the files to your hearts content, but you will not be able to encrypt the files and use them in against other players.

There are options, of course:

1. There will be a thread available for NEW UNIT and new country requests. The requests will be gone through and eventually added to future updates (1.04, 1.05, etc).

2. If you are building a significant MOD that requires new platoon files, etc, feel free to send me the files and I will be happy to convert them for you. Again, keep in mind, you will not be able to play against anyone else that does not have the same files.

I will try to be as accomodating as I can, but this policy is here to stay.

Hope that helps.

Jason Petho

Now it's my turn to be dense. I understand that the platoon.obx and the weapon.pdx files are "locked out" against human players and the reasoning behind that decision. But can I modify and use those files against the AI? If you could clarify this, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks.

cw58

Post #: 53
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/10/2008 4:06:41 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: cw58
Now it's my turn to be dense. I understand that the platoon.obx and the weapon.pdx files are "locked out" against human players and the reasoning behind that decision. But can I modify and use those files against the AI? If you could clarify this, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks.

cw58

Apologies. You can edit the platoon.oob files and weapon.pdt files, but you cannot encrypt them.

Effectively, you will not be able to use any edited files (whether against the AI or Human Opponents) without encryption.

Jason Petho

(in reply to cw58)
Post #: 54
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/10/2008 10:45:59 AM   
Mraah

quote:

Game Play Additions:

MAINTENANCE UNITS (1.03): AKA Recovery Platoon, AKA Werkstat, AKA Dozer. These are units that can REMOVE 2 WRECKS PER TURN. They act similar to engineers in that respect. You move the unit into a hex with wrecks and leave it there for a turn to start removing wrecks. At this point, these ARE NOT combat units but have some defence, so you will have to secure the area they intend to operate prior to sending them to the frontline. Again, as a new unit, these will only affect new scenarios.

Jason,

Has there been any discusssion about giving this ability to AFV's based on their tonnage but could remove 1 WRECK from ONLY a terrain hex that contains a ROAD, BRIDGE, TOWN,VILLAGE, CITY ??? Basically, it would be pushing the wreck off the road, not removing it. In other words, allowing us to get back the ROAD BONUS, but keeping the same # of wrecks in the hex for other effects, sighting etc.

For example, AFV's that weigh in above 30 tons (ie, M4 Sherman 31 compared to M5A1 Stuart 18), could have this ability.

In the meantime, I'm planning on adding the DOZER to my Light Armored Division for the DCG. By the way, can you look ... How many SP for the DOZER are you giving? In reality the unit would be the M31 or M32, not the Dozer, and I'd like to see it with an SP of 3, but I'll take anything !!

Just a thought .

Rob

EDIT NOTE : Oh, if you do have the M32 I hope it can make smoke!!! See screnshot below.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Mraah -- 4/10/2008 11:08:53 AM >

Post #: 55
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/10/2008 4:14:33 PM   
Jason Petho

Thanks for the picture, Rob.

I'll change the unit for 1.04.

The 1.03 unit will be a test, to see if people like them or not.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Mraah)
Post #: 56
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/10/2008 5:05:13 PM   
Mraah

quote:

Thanks for the picture, Rob.

I'll change the unit for 1.04.

The 1.03 unit will be a test, to see if people like them or not.

Jason Petho

Thank you!! Don't forget about the M31, based on the M3 Lee chassis ... pre 6/43 ...

Rob

M31 Tank Recovery Vehicle: Based on M3. Dummy gun replaces 75 mm. Simulated turret installed. 60,000 lb winch installed. It could tow light, medium, and heavy tanks across country. It could remove a medium tanks turret. Used a Continental R-975-C1 engine and was riveted.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Mraah -- 4/10/2008 5:06:09 PM >

Post #: 57
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/10/2008 5:28:18 PM   
Miamieagle

What about adding guerillas to the OOB. They would not revieve reinforcement and they should a slight higher concealment points as to allow them to make sneaking attack behind the Front lines.

This will add a element that was there during the World war two and that is not at this stage of this series. There where plenty of Guerrilles in China and in the Eastern Front not to mention Yugoslavia and France plus the Phillipines and many other areas of the World.

This will add a element of surprise and disruption to Oporationa plans that always existed during that war.

(in reply to Mraah)
Post #: 58
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/10/2008 5:34:09 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

What about adding guerillas to the OOB. They would not revieve reinforcement and they should a slight higher concealment points as to allow them to make sneaking attack behind the Front lines.

This will add a element that was there during the World war two and that is not at this stage of this series. There where plenty of Guerrilles in China and in the Eastern Front not to mention Yugoslavia and France plus the Phillipines and many other areas of the World.

This will add a element of surprise and disruption to Oporationa plans that always existed during that war.

Something for 1.04.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Miamieagle)
Post #: 59
RE: The 1.03 UPDATE - 4/10/2008 5:42:26 PM   
Miamieagle

I would to like see unit have the ability to Burn villages and cities as the enemy approaches like it Happen often in World war two especialy in China and Russia in the early part of the war. I just saw a documentary call lost evidence in World war two in the International History Channel.I saw the one on the Liberation of Luzon and they explain how the Japanese burn Manila before the USA troops where able to enter it. I would like to minic that.

I believe we also need for Cities Building to recieve damage when Hit by altillery and Bombers. That also happen alot in the Western and the Italian Front. The classical scenery would be the battle for Monte Casino. At the begining of the scenerio it would be intact and few stages later a wreck. That would very interesting and realistic at the same time.

Thank you

< Message edited by Miamieagle -- 4/10/2008 6:10:04 PM >

(in reply to Miamieagle)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: The 1.03 UPDATE Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI