Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SS Assault Russians 8/13/1941

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> SS Assault Russians 8/13/1941 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SS Assault Russians 8/13/1941 - 4/11/2008 8:47:09 PM   
robot

Gomel Belorussia
August 13 1941
1300 Hours

We have been moved 400 miles south west to Gomel on the border of Belorussia and the Ukaraine. We are to assault the Russian defenses at Gomel and try and push them out of this area. They will have a very strong mine field we have no doubt. Each company will have 2 platoons of engineers and 4 flame tanks to try and cut there way thru the mine fields. There will be a 20 minute bombardment of the mine fields before the engineers begin to move out in the hope of maybe cutting there work down some what.

This is not going to be an easy job today as the Russians are very well dug in. And we are going to have to get down and dirty in order to root them out.

C Co will be in the north and advance 300 yards north of the road that splits the map running west to east thru or very close to the north and middle objectives. A Co will move up the road thru the mine fields and on to the middle objectives. They have been givin the middle due to the fact they have the most veterans in there Co. And I believe this is where most of the enemy strength will be.

B CO has the task of taking the southern most objectives. They I believe have the most space to cover. As such there Engineers will be the first to start working on the mine field in there area.

We are to deal as much damage and mayhem to the enemy as possible today. To inflict as many losses and damage to there troops plus there armor. Our men are up and ready to go. Heard some of them remark a while ago. Today Gomel tomorrow Moscow.

HQ: X SS Panzer
Col: Karl Vogel Commanding

Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.
Post #: 1
RE: SS Assault Russians 8/13/1941 - 4/11/2008 9:02:33 PM   
V22 Osprey

You should have a section of Rifles and a Panzer(AT LEAST) and have a couple more panzers on stand by just in case you encounter a platoon of T-34s to cover each 2 platoons of your engineers and flame tanks(Since flame tanks can't fire very far.)

< Message edited by V22 Osprey -- 4/11/2008 9:09:45 PM >

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 2
RE: SS Assault Russians 8/13/1941 - 4/12/2008 2:22:16 AM   
PimpYourAFV

Okay, let's see some engineers get dirty.

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 3
RE: SS Assault Russians 8/13/1941 - 4/12/2008 6:13:14 PM   
robot

Gomel Belorussia
August 13 1941
1410 Hours

Took us a while but the Engineers did a great job and have cut holes thru the mine fields in the north middle and the south. Our troops are begining to swarm thru the holes and are fast approaching the objectives. A lot of infantry is showing up as we move forward. But thanks to our 81 morters bombarding as we move forward they are not giving much opposition to our advance. Have ran into at least 3 TR 34 tanks they took out three of our advance recon cars the 231/8 Rads. But we in turn blew them to hell as we will not let nothing stop our advance.

Our men are fighting like crazy men today. I dont beleive anything can stop them today. They fight as tho they are possesed by some form of mad demon. Men are firing there weapons as fast as they can whip the bolt back and forwards.

We have moved to with in 250 yards of both the north and middle objectives. Some die hard Rusians are still in betwen us and them. But they too shall be no more as we fire rapid fire at them. Once our troops catch up with the lead elements the recon cars we shall once again move forward.

So far the morter shelling has all but stopped and there has been no fire from there 122mm guns for awhile. I can only assume our big guns found them and put some hurt on them. Ever since we shelled there suspected hiding place not much from them after that. I can not tell you how much that has meant to our troops.

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 4
RE: SS Assault Russians 8/13/1941 - 4/12/2008 7:46:08 PM   
PimpYourAFV

Sounds like another slaughter.

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 5
RE: SS Assault Russians 8/13/1941 - 4/16/2008 6:20:51 PM   
robot

Gomel Belorussia
August 13 1941
1455 Hours

Took us awhile almost two hours to get to and take the rear objectives. Not too many Russian tanks showed up today. Which was good for us bad for them. We took out 92 of there so called tough tanks along with 1618 of there finest men. Also got 34 of there artty along the way. Found and blew to bits at least 15 of what I call knats artty. Those 50mm irritation pieces. Found two artty camps along the way of 5 each and pounded them to bits.

The only bad thing about today was our loss of 227 men and 21 of our tanks. The constant bombardment of there 122 is what took most of them out. Our men fought gallantly today and never backed down or ran from the battle at all today. Some of the veterans today held the new recruits together. They were right in the front all day today showing the way.

We are to move too Krasnograd next month and delay any push that the red army tries there. It is down south in the Ukraine near the Russian border. Maybe 400 miles from the Sea of Asov. It will start to get cold around here very soon and when I say cold I mean bitter cold. Sure hope we go home soon do not want to be here this winter at all. it is another 500 miles sort of south east of here. We are to board trains in the morning and pick up our replacements there. Damm I hate this place and have no idea why we want it so much.

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> SS Assault Russians 8/13/1941 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI