Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help with Schedules

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Help with Schedules Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help with Schedules - 4/11/2008 6:00:04 PM   
joshthrockmorton

I just bought 2.0 and I having a problem with the schedule settings. No matter how many game I set the season for it always set it at 10 games. I just started the 1970 World Football league season. I set it for 20 games but after the draft and training camp the schedule was for only 10 games. I have 2 other leagues running and they will only go up to 10 games also.

< Message edited by Marauders -- 4/12/2008 5:59:34 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Help - 4/11/2008 7:53:31 PM   
David Winter

As a test, I took the default US league and reset it wiping out the players (checking the checkbox on league reset). I then edited the league setting the season to 20 weeks and clicked 'new season'. The schedule was generated with 20 weeks.

I then took the default Indoor league, reset it wiping out the players (checking the checkbox on league reset), then edited the league to 6 weeks and clicked 'new season'. The schedule was generated with 6 weeks

How many teams do you have in your league? Maybe send me one of your leagues and I'll take a look.

thanks
David

< Message edited by Marauders -- 4/11/2008 9:19:50 PM >
Post #: 2
RE: Help - 4/11/2008 9:34:01 PM   
Marauders

Josh,

When you set up the league, you set the league to 20 games in the league setup.  That is correct?

Did you check to make sure that was the number of games set prior to hitting new season?

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 3
RE: Help - 4/12/2008 6:14:44 AM   
joshthrockmorton

I have 6 and 10 teams for my 2 leagues.  I reset set the one that had 6 teams in it.  I then went the the edit league page and set it for 20 games and saved it.  I then started the NEW Season and it loaded I went back to the edit league page and it was saved and set for just 10 games.  How would I send one of my leagues.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 4
RE: Help - 4/12/2008 7:33:42 AM   
David Winter

Josh

I'm sorry but a 6 team league is too small for 20 games. The schedule creator generates a schedule until one of two things happen; all teams play each other once home and once away OR the generator reaches the maximum number of weeks. Whichever comes first. So if, for example, you have a 16 team league you can set the schedule for any number of weeks up to 20. In a 16 team league, not all teams will have played each other, but all teams will have played the same number of games up to 20 games each.

Page 37 of the game manual gives a bit more detail for this.

you can manually edit the schedules if you wish (there's a tool in the game folder for that). But the scheduling system built into the game is purposefully kept simple so I'm afraid it's not going to be able to generate that number of games for that small a league.

thanks
David

< Message edited by David Winter -- 4/12/2008 7:48:36 AM >

(in reply to joshthrockmorton)
Post #: 5
RE: Help - 4/12/2008 9:04:06 AM   
Marauders

quote:

ORIGINAL: joshthrockmorton

I have 6 and 10 teams for my 2 leagues.  I reset set the one that had 6 teams in it.  I then went the the edit league page and set it for 20 games and saved it.  I then started the NEW Season and it loaded I went back to the edit league page and it was saved and set for just 10 games.  How would I send one of my leagues.

A 6 team league will have a maximum of 10 weeks set by the game. That is 2(n-1).

A 10 team league should be able to have 18 weeks 2(9-1).

The WFL had 12 teams at one time. That would allow 22 weeks of full round robin play. The WFL had a 20 game season for the teams that did not fold.

Post #: 6
RE: Help - 4/12/2008 5:00:52 PM   
joshthrockmorton

Thanks for the help. When I added the other teams and it saved to the number of weeks I saved it for.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 7
RE: Help - 4/12/2008 5:11:27 PM   
garysorrell

That must have been punishing on the players, especially rookies. The USFL had 18 weeks, like the CFL does.

Post #: 8
RE: Help - 4/12/2008 5:57:13 PM   
Marauders

quote:

That must have been punishing on the players, especially rookies. The USFL had 18 weeks, like the CFL does.

I think the plan was to have more revenue building regular season games and less preseason. In 1974, the WFL had a 20 game season with no preseason games. In 1975, the WFL had an 18 game season with 2 preseason games.

At the time, the NFL had 6 preseason games and 14 regular season games. That was way too much preseason.

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Maximum-Football Support >> Help with Schedules Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI