Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tokyo's Answer to Indiana Jones?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Tokyo's Answer to Indiana Jones? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tokyo's Answer to Indiana Jones? - 3/19/2002 5:13:59 PM   
Bernie

Okay, here I am playing the Gotanda's Advance scenario and it's all going great. So far, all I've lost is a single squad of infantry and a sniper (why are there snipers who can't shoot in this?) and I'm closing in on the IG with three Loyd carriers, one with a fresh squad in it, it's been nicely surpressed so it's not shooting back when [B][COLOR=red]>WHAM!<[/COLOR] [/B], out of nowhere the carrier with the troops is assaulted and [COLOR=red]DESTROYED[/COLOR] by a Japanese sniper! With [COLOR=red]WHAT???[/COLOR] Then, to make matters worse, no one can hit the guy, the troops are completely surpressed and on the very next turn he wiped them out!

Who [B]IS[/B] this guy??
I thought Indiana Jones was American!

Next campaign I want a [B][COLOR=orange]COMPANY[/COLOR][/B] of these guys!

:mad: :eek: :mad: :confused:

What, me worry?
Post #: 1
Didn't you watch the Temple of Doom? - 3/19/2002 5:30:29 PM   
wulfir

[QUOTE]
Who [B]IS[/B] this guy??
I thought Indiana Jones was American!
[/B][/QUOTE]

It’s gotta be that little Chinese kid…maybe he was a Jap spy all along…:)

Semper in Primis

(in reply to Bernie)
Post #: 2
- 3/19/2002 7:47:59 PM   
panda124c

It works both ways, my scout (4 men) runs into a KV-1 get's shot to hell retreats, next turn one guy left the KV move next to him ASSUALT, oh no, 1% chance, BAM KV destroyed. Order me one Iron Cross First Class. Oh no squad kills scout.

(in reply to Bernie)
Post #: 3
- 3/19/2002 7:56:52 PM   
Penetrator

Japs have tried to emulate indiana jones a lot, like that creative archaeology guy that invented whole chapters of japanese history/prehistory.

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room!

(in reply to Bernie)
Post #: 4
ONE SHOT SNIPERS - 3/19/2002 8:36:55 PM   
robot

Long ago i quit even thinking bout snipers as part of the war. The ones i have had get 1shot at 50 to 75 percent. Bam miss return fire knocks him out. I have put them in trees rocks buildings never op fire with them. Same thing the enemy has radar and finds them. They are junk except maybe for fos. scouts and that is iffy too.

Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.

(in reply to Bernie)
Post #: 5
- 3/19/2002 8:40:56 PM   
Dogmeat

LOL. I've had a few of those "Revenge is sweet" scenarios.

I roll up on a Russion T-28 and smoke him with a Pz III. As I move on past the flaming wreck, my Pz III blows up, assaulted by the crew still hulking down in the burning wreck. Give their tank commander or group captain a medal for rallying his troops so quickly. And for their small arms manufacturer as they must have swarmed over my tank like a swarm of bees, all 3 of them. :)

(in reply to Bernie)
Post #: 6
- 3/19/2002 11:28:56 PM   
Fallschirmjager

Think about say some infantry did jump on your tank, what are you gona do? That had to be one of scarier moments for take crews. Even if It was another tank crew they would find an opening and begin firing a pistol at you or drop a grenade if they had one.

(in reply to Bernie)
Post #: 7
- 3/20/2002 12:21:31 AM   
Belisarius

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fallschirmjager
[B]Think about say some infantry did jump on your tank, what are you gona do? That had to be one of scarier moments for take crews. Even if It was another tank crew they would find an opening and begin firing a pistol at you or drop a grenade if they had one. [/B][/QUOTE]

...which is why at least the Germans adopted "scratching fire".. use one tank's MGs to scratch it's buddy tank. Which brings us to number two: NEVER EVER leave a tank on it's own. It WILL die.

Got StuG?

(in reply to Bernie)
Post #: 8
- 3/20/2002 12:24:45 AM   
Fallschirmjager

One burning German tank is slighty ahead of another tank.

Conversation among the crew of the second tank.

"Hey Hans! I found it says right here to use the MG and NOT the main gun"

Hans: "Opps"

(in reply to Bernie)
Post #: 9
- 3/20/2002 4:43:31 AM   
Bernie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fallschirmjager
[B]Think about say some infantry did jump on your tank, what are you gona do? That had to be one of scarier moments for take crews. Even if It was another tank crew they would find an opening and begin firing a pistol at you or drop a grenade if they had one. [/B][/QUOTE]

That was part of the point I was making with this one sniper...he had no grenades, just a rifle. While I suppose a lucky shot could have taken out the fuel tank and ignited it (I think Loyd's used diesel though), thus stunning the troops in the back, I find it really, really difficult to believe a sniper who gets two shots per turn can take out a squad of 8 in one turn. Not unless he was loaded up with a few of those "magic" bullets Oswald is supposed to have used 20 years later... Hmmmm!

What, me worry?

(in reply to Bernie)
Post #: 10
- 3/20/2002 9:11:54 AM   
White Phosphorus

Well, one member of the squad might have been getting ready to throw a grenade, and the sniper shot hims just as he pulled the pin.

(in reply to Bernie)
Post #: 11
- 3/20/2002 11:33:05 AM   
Bernie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by White Phosphorus
[B]Well, one member of the squad might have been getting ready to throw a grenade, and the sniper shot hims just as he pulled the pin. [/B][/QUOTE]

Sure! :D

Or in their haste to get away from the exploding truck the squad all fell in a ditch and broke their necks. :D

I guess we'll never know just how the computer came up with [B]THAT[/B] particular roll of the dice, but it sure does make you sit back and go..."HUH?"

What, me worry?

(in reply to Bernie)
Post #: 12
- 3/20/2002 11:53:10 AM   
chief

All casualties in game are not neccessarily dead, sniper shoots 2 shots gets 2 hits, remainder of squad pulls wounded back to aid station, etc etc. HTH:) :D :cool:

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to Bernie)
Post #: 13
- 3/20/2002 2:52:53 PM   
risto.nikula

i had one of my advancing tigers destoryed via assault by 1 man tank crew (true story). You can very well imagine the joy of the opponent.

Nemo saltat sorbius, nisi infanus est

(in reply to Bernie)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Tokyo's Answer to Indiana Jones? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI