Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New to the Game - Questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> New to the Game - Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New to the Game - Questions - 4/18/2008 4:48:33 PM   
Ben

Hi,

I have only started playing the game and after finishing it a few times playing the USA, adding more elements each time, I just a have a few questions:

1. I have been playing the game on sergent difficulty and it seems that once I defeat the CSA army(s) in Virginia (I have concentrated on an aggressive strat in the east and deffenisve in the west) the CSA doesn't try and raise anymore troops and the game falls into a siege grind as I move from state to state - if I raise the difficulty does the computer as CSA try to raise more armies beyond the ones in Virginia?

2. If you class the units of the game into infantry, calvary and artilliary does one type of unit have an advantage over another, generaly speaking? At the moment I find if I build a army mostly comprised of 24pd howitzers with a few calvary units as flankers I can't loose, the opposing units approach my line of art. and get cut down 100's at a time? It just seems the larger the fire power of the unit the better it is? Regardless of its type, so the artilliary seems to rule all? Again is this just due to me playing on sergent level, just as the strat game gets more complex does the tact. game do so as well?

Sorry for all questions, still trying to figure out the game in its entirety.

Thanks in advance for any answers.
Post #: 1
RE: New to the Game - Questions - 4/19/2008 5:27:23 PM   
jkBluesman

The AI will make better moves on higher levels and get bonusses. With these he will be able to get more resources, units...
He will also be stronger in battles, so you might lose your artillery...

(in reply to Ben)
Post #: 2
RE: New to the Game - Questions - 4/22/2008 7:49:40 AM   
Gil R.

To elaborate a bit on jkBluesman's comment: when playing at easier levels the AI gets few or no bonus resources/funds, but as one increases the difficulty it gets more, and in the case of the relatively poor CSA this can make a real difference in terms of how many units can be raised and how well armed they will be.

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

(in reply to jkBluesman)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> New to the Game - Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI