Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/16/2008 4:04:15 PM   
WJPalmer1

Winter Supply at Crossing Arrow

An English corps in Copenhagen has been receiving supply from a depot in Malmo (Sweden is a British free-state). With the onset of winter, the program now says that this corps is out of supply. Files attached.

Regards,
Ron

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 181
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/17/2008 1:06:31 AM   
Dave_T

"Patch" 1.02i

Jan 1805 - GB loads corps in London onto Trn fleet & moves corps to Amsterdam SZ. GB does not unload corps in land movemnt phase, corps not eliminated as per RAW for corps that fail to disembark.

(in reply to WJPalmer1)
Post #: 182
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/17/2008 1:16:20 AM   
Dave_T

"Patch" 1.02i

Fleets in BB attempt (and succeed) in intercepting fleets in adjacent SZ, in opposition to the RAW.

(in reply to Dave_T)
Post #: 183
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/17/2008 2:22:07 AM   
Dave_T

"Patch" 1.02i

March 1805 Egypt (as war with Turkey) besieges Damascus & breaches, drops 1i after combat. April 1805 Egypt IC is still besieging Damascus, 1i in rural area (not allowed under RAW)

(in reply to Dave_T)
Post #: 184
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/17/2008 5:41:42 AM   
ndrose

Regarding the garrison repatriation bug (D30 and/or D33--not sure what was covered under which), 1.02i, though I didn't see anything about it in the documentation, looks to have fixed part of the problem. In particular, garrisons do not disappear upon surrender.

However, they do still disappear at the end of the temp access period (or rather, they are repatriated). This is true for garrisons placed before or after surrender, and for garrisons in newly ceded provinces and also in provinces ceded in an earlier war. Anything in the capital of a ceded province will be repatriated when temp access ends.

I can send files if needed, but you probably already know all this--but in case it's useful, that's what I've observed.

Nathan

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 185
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/17/2008 7:50:34 AM   
Dave_T

"Patch" 1.02i

After the 3 month voluntary access period expires all garrisons placed in provinces that have been taken as  a peace condition are repatriated after the access expires, eg GB surrenders to Fr, Fr leaves 1i in Dublin, Edinburgh & Cardiff, after the 3 month access these garrisons are repatriated. I assume that after a second surrender the same would happen, I can't be arsed wasting more of my life in this piece of junk to try & find out as this bug has been around since the first relase of 1.02 & wasn't there before. In fact, this bug only occurs because the 3 month access (an option in the RAW) was added to try to fix another bug where troops are reptriated to an odd location even though this could have been avoided by taking access as a peace condition.

It appears there is no hope of ever getting this game to work so please direct me to the refund counter.

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 186
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/17/2008 8:25:21 AM   
ndrose

By the way, the garrison bug can be got around by taking forced access as a peace condition; the access doesn't end, so the garrisons stay. So the remaining bug appears to be strictly an end-of-access thing.

Nathan

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 187
third party incursion into ceded territory - 4/18/2008 7:09:49 AM   
ndrose

Not sure whether this is an old bug or a new one; it seems to me there was a bug like this a while back, that maybe was fixed, but now doesn't seem to be. Could be the old bug, or maybe a new occurrence related to temp access.

Situation: France is at war with Spain (Spain is about to surrender, but hasn't yet). Britain DOWs Spain. France is at peace with Britain, has forced access, but Britain does NOT have access to France.

Britain lands corps in Galicia (ceded to France in an earlier war), and even garrisons the capital.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 188
RE: third party incursion into ceded territory - 4/18/2008 11:50:25 PM   
ndrose

Another ceded province bug probably related to the previous; and probably related to temp access, since I don't think the game behaved this way before.

France is at war with Russia. France owns several Austrian provinces ceded after earlier wars. Russia is also at war with Austria, which should not be relevant, but perhaps is, as we'll see in a moment.

Russia moves forces into one of France's ex-Austrian provinces (W. Galicia, if I recall correctly), and drops a factor into garrison in the capital. Next turn it gains ownership of the province. So far so good.

Then France moves forces in and attempts to besiege the capital. The game says I can't.

The only thing I can figure is that the game is treating the province as "really" Austrian territory. I can move around in it, but I can't besiege. This would seem in line with the previous post, in which we saw that a power at war only with the original owner could move in.

I wonder: if I didn't have forced access to Austria, would I even be allowed to move around in this now Russian territory? Similarly, if Russia hadn't been at war with Austria, would it have been able to take the province from me in the first place? It should be able to, but the game seems to be treating ceded provinces as still owned by the original owner in inappropriate ways.

The only ways in which a ceded province should differ from a conq'd minor are A) the owner can't draw manpower, and B) if the original owner reconq's, it becomes an unceded province and can only be lost again by ceding. For access, change of ownership between non-original powers, sieges, and everything else, it should be just like a conq.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 189
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/19/2008 4:34:50 AM   
bOrIuM

Fleets cannot exit from Bristol in naval phase.

Plus, do you know how to Blocade ? I was intercepted from fleets that were blocaded... normaly if they want to go out of the blocade they have to be intercepted by the blocade box first!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 190
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/19/2008 9:56:45 AM   
gazfun

Password Problems
The GM has sent out backup files to player, I cannot get into the game as it doesnt seem to recognise my password, the backup files ill send and the password is "france"
Thanks Richard, Marshall
Ok further info now.....
I have tried the old bid pasword to get into the backup file so that worked, so its not a bug.
Sorry if anyone lost any sleep over it

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by gazfun -- 4/19/2008 11:26:58 AM >

(in reply to bOrIuM)
Post #: 191
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/23/2008 1:11:28 AM   
obsidiandrag

Well, I encountered the bug again with still not much more info on it.  The game just starts playing itself..  I HAD BEEN England, in the middle of my land combat phase I noticed my ships move and then realized I could not move anything.  The game started flying through the phases of all players (this was a one vs AI game).  So I waited to see where it went as It was Oct 1811 and I was above 80% VP.  The main window surround did not change (stayed Oct 1811 and at top stayed Land Combat phase.  Map and counters moved and played with phase notification windows popping up and going away.  Game log kept running until Nov 1816 where I believe my antivirus running a normal system check might have locked it up (that or it finally did it to its self).  And the mini map in the corner kept changing with the game as I had changed the settings for free state colors I could tell when Englands phases came and went by the changing colors of the mini map.  After the crash, I started the land combat autosave and it was at the Oct 1811 and the game is playing again normal so I still have no further info on the bug except it takes you a bit by suprise when it happens.

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 192
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/23/2008 3:36:02 AM   
Marshall Ellis

Please confirm, this was a solo VS AI?
Can you tell me what you were doing right before this happened?
You did something in the land combat phase then you ended the phase THEN it happened?

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to obsidiandrag)
Post #: 193
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/23/2008 6:05:34 AM   
obsidiandrag

Actually, I don't believe I ended the phase.  I had just finished one combat and had others that I needed to fight.  I might have hit the end phase button so the game would jump to the next combat area automatically though.  I just remember going to click on the next combat area lit up with the yellow border and watching other stuff start moving... then realized that even though I could move the mouse I could not click on anything.

Tobin

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 194
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/23/2008 7:12:17 AM   
BruceSinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: BruceSinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

BruceSinger:

Do you have that game where I could reproduce this?

I have been waiting until 1.02i is released to start any more games. Because the Beta Download page does not give the sub version number on it, just 1.02, I have been downloading the patch every day or two to check if it has been updated. Today, instead of the Beta patch, it listed a Tutorial. Is the Beta no longer available?

Here is the bugs as promised. {Most of the Ottoman Empire bugs seem to be resolved. :)}

V1.02i. Austria surrenders to Turkey. Turkey takes East Hungrey, West Hungrey, and Trans. At the end of the 3-month period, garrisons and depots in the ceceded provinces are moved/removed.

I have included the game before they are removed and the game after they are removed.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BruceSinger)
Post #: 195
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/23/2008 10:38:32 AM   
bresh

Since the confirmed bug list is gone.  And i dont have time to read each bug report.
All patch 1.02G

Question. Has the siege-battles during Naval-phases been issued ?

Another bug, rules both EIA and EIANW says battles in desert morale level is +1. Which the game does not apply.
I just had a battle at Tunis.

Battle was assult vs Esc assult so 4-1 for both attacker and defender. But thats should be 4-2 for both in Desert.
I compared the die rolls with the tables, and the game used table 4-1 not 4-2.

This affects pursuit for one a great deal, since the attackers morale loss is 1 table lower than it should be.
Also im not sure pursuit level is reduced eighter, in desert.

I havent tested if this also fails to apply for forest/mountain/march to.

Regards
Bresh

Kind Regards
Bresh

< Message edited by bresh -- 4/23/2008 11:50:42 AM >

Post #: 196
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/23/2008 1:47:48 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Bresh:

RE: The sieges during naval phases has been discussed but I do not have a game. Do you have one?
Post it here if you can...

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 197
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/23/2008 2:04:43 PM   
bresh

quote:

Bresh:

RE: The sieges during naval phases has been discussed but I do not have a game. Do you have one?
Post it here if you can...

Im in a game, actually 2 where this happend.

I was not any of the nations who got it. Though i did loose a minor that way :(

I did not get any siege combats for my besieged minor during my own naval phase.

I seem to remember Ralegh, beeing one who got a siege attempt. Maybe he has a savefile, or maybe the host.
I can ask him if you want. Unless you wanna contact him yourself :)

Regards
Bresh

Post #: 198
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/24/2008 5:00:00 AM   
seaforth7

Not sure if these have come up before so I'm posting them just in case they haven't. Ran into 3 seperate problems in one land turn.

A garrison in Ulm beseiged by an Austrian corps was charged regular supply, took me forever to figure it out, once I had clicked on the garrison and click on forage the regular supply cost was dropped. A garrison shouldn't have any regular supply costs, let alone a beseiged garrison.

Hessian corps in Kessel beseiged foraged using the surrounding area value of 5 instead of the cities value of 3.

A Russian corps in the Rome area using invasion supply that had the invasion supply removed as the only supply source got blockaded in the French turn. The system still allowed the corps to pay regular supply and not have to forage even though it did correctly remove the depot as no longer in a valid chain.

still enjoying the game! cheers

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 199
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/24/2008 5:07:38 AM   
BruceSinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

BruceSinger:

I have been waiting until 1.02i is released to start any more games. Because the Beta Download page does not give the sub version number on it, just 1.02, I have been downloading the patch every day or two to check if it has been updated. Today, instead of the Beta patch, it listed a Tutorial. Is the Beta no longer available?

Here is the bugs as promised. {Most of the Ottoman Empire bugs seem to be resolved. :)}

V1.02i. Austria surrenders to Turkey. Turkey takes East Hungrey, West Hungrey, and Trans. At the end of the 3-month period, garrisons and depots in the ceceded provinces are moved/removed.

I have included the game before they are removed and the game after they are removed.

Same as above, but with Spain this time.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 200
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/24/2008 10:53:39 AM   
bresh

quote:

ORIGINAL: seaforth7

Not sure if these have come up before so I'm posting them just in case they haven't. Ran into 3 seperate problems in one land turn.

A garrison in Ulm beseiged by an Austrian corps was charged regular supply, took me forever to figure it out, once I had clicked on the garrison and click on forage the regular supply cost was dropped. A garrison shouldn't have any regular supply costs, let alone a beseiged garrison.

Hessian corps in Kessel beseiged foraged using the surrounding area value of 5 instead of the cities value of 3.

A Russian corps in the Rome area using invasion supply that had the invasion supply removed as the only supply source got blockaded in the French turn. The system still allowed the corps to pay regular supply and not have to forage even though it did correctly remove the depot as no longer in a valid chain.

still enjoying the game! cheers

Did it remove the depot ?
I belive i could still see a depot on the fleet.

V.1.02G
Another "icon" bug. We ran backup files due to new player. Its Febuary 1805, im playing GB.
Before this i had no icon bug.

My fleets who had troops loaded during january still show the icon for loaded fleet.
I am hoping this will change when we pass to March, currently I can still remember what is what.
But if it continues, this could become a problem :)
I seen this happen once in a previous game, but back then reboot helped, this time it just continues.

Btw i havent asked my game-mates if they have the same icon-bug.

Regards
Bresh

< Message edited by bresh -- 4/24/2008 10:58:59 AM >

(in reply to seaforth7)
Post #: 201
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/24/2008 2:31:21 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Bresh:

Refresh my memory if you would?
What was the icon bug?
I only have issue numbers in my head :-/

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 202
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/24/2008 2:37:43 PM   
bresh

quote:

Bresh:

Refresh my memory if you would?
What was the icon bug?
I only have issue numbers in my head :-/

Ships showing the icon where "corps" are loaded. (little round circle inside the fleet counter)
While they are not.

Regards
Bresh

< Message edited by bresh -- 4/24/2008 2:38:21 PM >

Post #: 203
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/24/2008 2:48:02 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Ah! I remember this now!
Does this only happen after your game backup?

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 204
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/24/2008 2:52:05 PM   
Marshall Ellis

BruceSinger:

I got your games but it looks like game "a" has no garrisons in the ceded areas???
I'll run some tests today to see if I can make this happen.

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

Post #: 205
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/24/2008 4:50:48 PM   
bresh

quote:

Ah! I remember this now!
Does this only happen after your game backup?

The only time i had it before. Was back in Febuary(rl), all i remember from then is, i rebooted my pc, and all was fine.

Im in couple games now. And dont think i seen it this way before. I got no response yet when asking the gamegroup if they get the same picture.

Regards
Bresh

Post #: 206
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/26/2008 9:14:10 PM   
fvianello

Already seen in 2 different PBEM games, occurred at least 4 times:

In a siege, the game asks if the garrison wants to attack the besieging forces during the NAVAL COMBAT phase of the besieged player; the eventual combat is resolved normally and the game can continue, but of course the whole thing should happen during land combat phase.

It happened during a siege at stockholm and zara.

H. Barca,
Surplus Consuls Dispatcher

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 207
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/26/2008 10:20:41 PM   
ecn1

quote:

Already seen in 2 different PBEM games, occurred at least 4 times:

In a siege, the game asks if the garrison wants to attack the besieging forces during the NAVAL COMBAT phase of the besieged player; the eventual combat is resolved normally and the game can continue, but of course the whole thing should happen during land combat phase.

It happened during a siege at stockholm and zara.

this same bug happened in our pbem game a couple different times to different players...just ignored it in naval combat phase and it seemed to be okay, but it is annoying and weird

erik

(in reply to fvianello)
Post #: 208
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/26/2008 10:53:48 PM   
BruceSinger

quote:

quote:

BruceSinger:

I have posted about this before, but here it is again. Playing Turkey. Fighting Pussia. After 6 month battle, I finally destroy the Prussia Army ~ 9 corps. After the March 1809, economic phase Prussia pops up 9 more corp. 14 infantry times 2 manpower * 9 corp is 252 manpower. Prussia's base manpower is 18. 252/18 = 14 econmic phases. There is 3 Econ Phases in 1805, 4 in 1806, 4 in 1807, 4 in 1808, and 1 in 1809 for a total of 16 eco phases. That leaves 2 econ Phases of 36 manpower or 18 troops. The log shows that Turkey has killed at least 133 factors. 133 - 80 -18 = 35.
Or 70 more manpower that it is possible for them to have. Granted, I did not count minors, but France and Prussia have been at war since the start of the game. That have not held many minors for very long. Also, GB and Austria have been at war with Prussia for at least the last two years. The log does not show losses for battles for which Turkey does not participate but it does show that they lost battles. Prussia has way more Manpower than they are supposed to.

I have included the 1809 April Diplomancy Phase that shows the newly arrived army. I have also included the 1809 March Econ phase which shows a complete lack of Prussian Army. I have also included a JPG of the log that shows Prussia getting Bonus Manpower in the Econ Phase of 88. If you go back through the log, it shows many Bonus Manpower of 70-100.

As I have said before, it appears the game is adding Prussia's saved Manpower to its Bonus Manpower in the Econ Phase.

This game is 1.01i but it has happened in EVERY game I have every played excpet when I have played Prussia.

OK I tried to upload them, but they are too large. Will do in multiple posts.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 209
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 4/26/2008 10:55:45 PM   
BruceSinger

I have posted about this before, but here it is again. Playing Turkey. Fighting Pussia. After 6 month battle, I finally destroy the Prussia Army ~ 9 corps. After the March 1809, economic phase Prussia pops up 9 more corp. 14 infantry times 2 manpower * 9 corp is 252 manpower. Prussia's base manpower is 18. 252/18 = 14 econmic phases. There is 3 Econ Phases in 1805, 4 in 1806, 4 in 1807, 4 in 1808, and 1 in 1809 for a total of 16 eco phases. That leaves 2 econ Phases of 36 manpower or 18 troops. The log shows that Turkey has killed at least 133 factors. 133 - 80 -18 = 35.
Or 70 more manpower that it is possible for them to have. Granted, I did not count minors, but France and Prussia have been at war since the start of the game. That have not held many minors for very long. Also, GB and Austria have been at war with Prussia for at least the last two years. The log does not show losses for battles for which Turkey does not participate but it does show that they lost battles. Prussia has way more Manpower than they are supposed to.

I have included the 1809 April Diplomancy Phase that shows the newly arrived army. I have also included the 1809 March Econ phase which shows a complete lack of Prussian Army. I have also included a JPG of the log that shows Prussia getting Bonus Manpower in the Econ Phase of 88. If you go back through the log, it shows many Bonus Manpower of 70-100.

As I have said before, it appears the game is adding Prussia's saved Manpower to its Bonus Manpower in the Econ Phase.

This game is 1.01i but it has happened in EVERY game I have every played excpet when I have played Prussia.

OK I tried to upload them, but they are too large. Will do in multiple posts.

Post 2

Attachment (1)

Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI