Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Greece and Romania stuck pro-cp

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Greece and Romania stuck pro-cp Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Greece and Romania stuck pro-cp - 4/28/2008 11:02:09 PM   
BossGnome

Has anyone had this problem before? In a game against Captain General, I noticed at the start of the third turn that both greece and romania were pro-cp. Thinking it was just a mistake on his part (he was CP and so had done the setup), we decided to re-start. On the first turn, he checks, and notices that both countries are still pro-cp, despite having been unchecked in the setup file. We are both running 1.23; could this be a problem with the patch?

"Hard pressed on my right; my left is in retreat. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking."
-Gen. Joffre, before the battle of the Marne
Post #: 1
RE: Greece and Romania stuck pro-cp - 4/29/2008 5:23:10 AM   
JCP

A definite bug in 1.23.  The checkboxes on the initial game setup menu are checked by default, and unchecking them has no effect: Greece and Rumania are always "pro-German" on the diplomacy dialogue box.  This is a problem in a group of games I've just started with 1.23.

My only question is whether this is a display issue or whether they do, in fact, join CP or TE.  I haven't got that far yet.  I believe 1.23 changes the way potential entry of these powers is represented to the player, so it might be that the countries will, in fact, join TE eventually.

I hope so, as otherwise I'll have to restart a few games - including one where my opponent and I agreed to give Italy to CP to correct balance issues.  Having all three might be a bit much!

(in reply to BossGnome)
Post #: 2
RE: Greece and Romania stuck pro-cp - 5/1/2008 12:45:15 AM   
HannoMeier

Dear Frank,

please look into this as I have the same problem - and I just wanted to restart a game in 1.23

(in reply to JCP)
Post #: 3
RE: Greece and Romania stuck pro-cp - 5/1/2008 11:41:52 PM   
geoffreyg

Hopefully it will soon be fixed.

(in reply to HannoMeier)
Post #: 4
RE: Greece and Romania stuck pro-cp - 5/2/2008 5:58:44 PM   
Lascar

quote:

ORIGINAL: geoffreyg

Hopefully it will soon be fixed.

I emailed Frank about this several days ago but have not yet received a reply so I am wondering if he is even aware of this problem.

(in reply to geoffreyg)
Post #: 5
RE: Greece and Romania stuck pro-cp - 5/2/2008 6:49:38 PM   
tbsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lascar
I emailed Frank about this several days ago but have not yet received a reply so I am wondering if he is even aware of this problem.

May be Frank is having a holiday somewhere? I'm pretty sure that when he's aware of this problem, he'll get on with getting it fixed.

(in reply to Lascar)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Greece and Romania stuck pro-cp Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI