Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tips for Axis naval strategy?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> The War Room >> Tips for Axis naval strategy? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tips for Axis naval strategy? - 4/29/2008 10:33:29 PM   
YourAdmiral

Hi there,

I'm relatively new to the game, and for various reasons have concluded that controlling the North Atlantic is key to a successful Axis strategy. However it seems like from other posts that most folks seem to think that a naval strategy for the Germans isn't worth it. Does anyone have any tips for developing a successful Axis naval strategy?
Post #: 1
RE: Tips for Axis naval strategy? - 4/30/2008 10:15:05 PM   
Harrybanana

I am also fairly new to the game. However, it seems to me that the best way to win as the Axis (at least in pbem) is to either:

1. Conquer the UK (Operation Sealion) after the fall of France and then just hold on against the Russians long enough to win the game by occupying 4 capitals to the Allies 2 or,

2. Conquer Russia after the fall of France and then hold off the Western Allies long enough to win.

Of course, both of these assume you are playing with the option that the game ends in 1945.

To win via the first method you only need to build up sufficient Ships, subs and airpower after the fall of France to allow you to protect your invasion forces from the Royal Navy long enough to capture a port. However, once the UK is conquered you will need to shift your production to the land forces necessary to hold off the Russians. Of course you can use what is left of your navy to harass the Western Allies, but actual control of the North Sea is not necessary and probably suicidal to attempt.

To win via the second method you will want to throw everything you have against Russia. This requires that you concentrate on your land and air forces with both your production and research with very little left over for the Kriegsmarine. However, you should still build and research UBoats to pester the Allies and intercept convoys and US troop movements to Europe. An alternative would be to not build or research tanks at all and instead attack Russia with mainly infantry and research and build Uboats, air and infantry. You could then use your high tech UBoats to really give the Allied Player a hard time. Not sure if this would give you "Control" of the North Atlantic, but again I'm not sure if this is necessary.

(in reply to YourAdmiral)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Commander - Europe at War Gold >> The War Room >> Tips for Axis naval strategy? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI