Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Jap. player having trouble in China

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Jap. player having trouble in China Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Jap. player having trouble in China - 4/30/2008 11:07:19 PM   
csuwinski

Does anyone some suggestions on how to lower the fortification in cities in china? I have combat engineers but I cant lower the fortifications. Also, looking for help on how to get supply to the interior of china. Always low on supply and never have enough? Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Jap. player having trouble in China - 4/30/2008 11:11:36 PM   
Gem35

Use your artillery to soften up the defenses, perhaps for weeks beofre you order a deliberate attack.
If you have enough assault values, you can slowly attrit the defense and even without combat engineers you can start lowering those entrench levels.
If you can , use your airforce along with your artillery, it pays off in time.
Trouble is your supply will be low, if you can airdrop supplies via transport it helps, little as it may seem, every little thing can add up over time.

It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

Banner By Feurer Krieg

(in reply to csuwinski)
Post #: 2
RE: Jap. player having trouble in China - 4/30/2008 11:37:25 PM   
2ndACR

Mass engineer regiments......lots of bombardments and air attacks..........shock attack helps to knock down forts, but can cause alot of casualties to you.

(in reply to Gem35)
Post #: 3
RE: Jap. player having trouble in China - 5/1/2008 12:20:38 AM   
Uamaga

Hi,

If you are able to achieve 1:1 odds then you will be able to reduce forts even with no engineers. Just let your troops rest after every attack and keep their engineers working on airfield damage instead of rebuilding forts.
If you can not count on 1:1 (Chunking perhaps) combat engineers still have a chance. You will need time and lot of patience since it is heavily randomized process (as virtually everything in WitP). To raise your odds
* use more units with combat engineers - each unit will have their chance evaluated separately
* if possible use units (regiments) with 40+ of ready combat engineer squads. Each squad less is a chance the unit fails a random test.
* keep an eye on their fatigue. Higher the fatigue more the chances of failing another random check.
* their experience matters too: units with experience 80+ are guarantieed to pass experience test. OTOH units with EXP < 40 have no chances at all.
* last but easiest to control: disruption. Unit with Disrp=50 has a still 66% chance of passing this test but still there no reason to not wait few days

Good luck.

PS.
Are you by accident from a country in the middle of Europe?  

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Jap. player having trouble in China Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI