Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Empire in Arms 1.02j Public Beta Avalible!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Empire in Arms 1.02j Public Beta Avalible! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Empire in Arms 1.02j Public Beta Avalible! - 4/29/2008 8:25:45 PM   
Greg Wilcox

Hi everyone,

We've got a new version of the Public Beta (v1.02j) Comprehensive Update available via our Members Club. While we do final testing we figured we'd offer you a change to get it early as well. This is still a beta, but it's stable and solid as far as we can tell. See the change list list below for details.

You can download this as a Registered Download as long as you have registered your Empire in Arms serial number in our Members Club (click on the MEMBERS link in the top nav bar).

Change List
Fixed in 1.02j Can setup more than 20 factors in Corfu for Russian setup Game will not advance with >20 factors in Corfu. (Changed in new games only!)
Fixed in 1.02j AI: Fleets not acting in large enough numbers
Fixed in 1.02j AI: Fleets not combining in best ports properly enough to defend well.
Fixed in 1.02j AI: Fleets making suicide attacks (Need more force in attacks)
Fixed in 1.02j AI: Need to improve channel guarding
Fixed in 1.02j St Petersburg is showing to be part of karelia province. This is actually correct. Map was changed to reflect proper provincial borders for new games only!
Fixed in 1.02j Game does not have second Peidmont corps (Fixed in new games only.)
Fixed in 1.02j FS income not displayed correctly.
Fixed in 1.02j MP1 able to call an MP2 ally to war when MP2 has an enforced peace period with the prospect MP target
Fixed in 1.02j When removing depot in setup phase, using remove counter button, depots do not go back to pool
Fixed in 1.02j Program is not allowing the Austrian Insurrection corps or Spanish guerillas to be loaned. Now allowing ALL units (Including sea) to be loaned!
Fixed in 1.02j program is allowing AI to stay in ports where they should NOT be allowed to!
Fixed in 1.02j game is allowing Turkey to bring back feudal units in the reinf phase
Fixed in 1.02j In PBEM games, the banners come up twice for a major power (once at the start of the reinforcement phase and another at the end). Meanwhile, the next major power in sequence never sees any banners. Order will be lt ships (minor then major) then hvy (minor then major). This could cause lt fleets from the MP to be taken before heavies of a minor. This could also solve problems with all text messages not making the transfer from player to player.
Fixed in 1.02j order in which the program takes ship losses during PBEM games is incorrect (i.e. major is coming before minor)
Fixed in 1.02j Naval retreat not selecting eligible adjacent ports
Fixed in 1.02j Some minor FS ports are being evacuated in error
Fixed in 1.02j Unable to lift blockade and save fleets when city is captured. This fix is due to the fact that ALL ports should be scanned at the end of land / reinf and sea phases so a sea phase should never start with fleets trapped in a hostile port
Fixed in 1.02j Nelson is not being recognized in blockade lifting battles
Fixed in 1.02j Depots are being included in supply warning before ending land phase. Change message to warn that depot is out of the supply chain
Fixed in 1.02j Two known bankruptcy bugs:
1) Program allows player to transfer a negative balance to controlled Free States
2) Program will not allow player to use available manpower to build militia.
Fixed in 1.02j Need more descriptive message when in setup and factors are left to place!
Fixed in 1.02j R214 has caused compatibility problem with games older than 1.02h
Fixed in 1.02j Some ships that are off the map may be seen as in a port and are trying to be evacuated
Fixed in 1.02j AI was being allowed to place forces in units that were not in the current scenario
Fixed in 1.02j Battles after some larger battles were not showing units due to the fact that the battle page of units was still on page 2!
Fixed in 1.02j Eliminated status text showing of diplomatic intent when trying alliances

Greg Wilcox
Production Assistant
Post #: 1
RE: Empire in Arms 1.02j Public Beta Avalible! - 4/29/2008 10:33:14 PM   
Dave_T

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greg Wilcox

Change List
Fixed in 1.02j Naval retreat not selecting eligible adjacent ports

1.02j patch - Jan 1805 Fr attack & defeat GB fleet in Channel, GB fleet retreats to Plymouth, not Portsmouth or London.

(in reply to Greg Wilcox)
Post #: 2
RE: Empire in Arms 1.02j Public Beta Avalible! - 4/30/2008 7:40:42 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Dave_T:

Can you send me that game?

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to Dave_T)
Post #: 3
RE: Empire in Arms 1.02j Public Beta Avalible! - 4/30/2008 8:08:14 PM   
Dave_T

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

Dave_T:

What do you think I am, your little monkey? I'm not a tester helping you out I'm a paying customer who is pointing out the incorrectness of your statement that a bug is fixed, when it quite clearly isn't.

If you're not going to give me a refund then fix it.

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 4
RE: Empire in Arms 1.02j Public Beta Avalible! - 4/30/2008 8:20:39 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave_T
What do you think I am, your little monkey? I'm not a tester helping you out I'm a paying customer who is pointing out the incorrectness of your statement that a bug is fixed, when it quite clearly isn't.

See my other reply to you. This is really unacceptable behavior and consider yourself warned in that regard.

A request from Marshall for a save, if you have it, is a perfectly reasonable request and your reply is completely ridiculous if in fact you want it fixed. You are in no way obligated to send us a save. However, if you report a problem and we don't ask for a save, we would not be doing our jobs.

Step back, take a deep breath and try to relax. The way you are heading now only ends with a forum vacation.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Dave_T)
Post #: 5
RE: Empire in Arms 1.02j Public Beta Avalible! - 4/30/2008 8:20:50 PM   
carnifex

I'm also a paying customer and I'd like to point out that we are all monkeys. Some monkeys are more civilized than others, it appears.

< Message edited by carnifex -- 4/30/2008 8:22:09 PM >

(in reply to Dave_T)
Post #: 6
RE: Empire in Arms 1.02j Public Beta Avalible! - 4/30/2008 8:21:56 PM   
Erik Rutins

<edited>

Nevermind.

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 4/30/2008 8:24:37 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to carnifex)
Post #: 7
RE: Empire in Arms 1.02j Public Beta Avalible! - 4/30/2008 8:22:41 PM   
carnifex

Yeah nice I edited my post 1 minute after posting so glad it will live on in your quote.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 8
RE: Empire in Arms 1.02j Public Beta Avalible! - 4/30/2008 8:25:12 PM   
Erik Rutins

Fair enough, I removed the quote - thanks for the edit.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to carnifex)
Post #: 9
RE: Empire in Arms 1.02j Public Beta Avalible! - 4/30/2008 8:29:22 PM   
Dave_T

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

See my other reply to you. This is really unacceptable behavior and consider yourself warned in that regard.

A request from Marshall for a save, if you have it, is a perfectly reasonable request and your reply is completely ridiculous if in fact you want it fixed. You are in no way obligated to send us a save. However, if you report a problem and we don't ask for a save, we would not be doing our jobs.

Step back, take a deep breath and try to relax. The way you are heading now only ends with a forum vacation.

Regards,

- Erik

I consider myself warned for voicing my opinion.

Post #: 10
RE: Empire in Arms 1.02j Public Beta Avalible! - 4/30/2008 9:07:35 PM   
NeverMan

quote:

So you can't voice your opinion without being rude?

We get it, you feel ripped off, sorry. There's no need to keep bashing people you don't know simply because you are behind the "cloak of the internet". Try to relax and stay calm, it's in your best interests.

I can't believe that you have never bought a product that didn't work up to your expectations before, that's amazing. I wish I had your luck. You spoke of "cars" earlier. Every time I buy a car I never feel like I get what a pay for, they are a total rip off.

< Message edited by NeverMan -- 4/30/2008 9:08:12 PM >

(in reply to Dave_T)
Post #: 11
RE: Empire in Arms 1.02j Public Beta Avalible! - 4/30/2008 9:16:47 PM   
Dave_T

quote:

ORIGINAL: NeverMan

quote:

So you can't voice your opinion without being rude?

We get it, you feel ripped off, sorry. There's no need to keep bashing people you don't know simply because you are behind the "cloak of the internet". Try to relax and stay calm, it's in your best interests.

I can't believe that you have never bought a product that didn't work up to your expectations before, that's amazing. I wish I had your luck. You spoke of "cars" earlier. Every time I buy a car I never feel like I get what a pay for, they are a total rip off.

I can voice my opionion any way I wish, as long as it is not threatening. Article 10.

I have bought products that don't live up to expectations, in this case IMHO the product doesn't live up to it's billing, which is different.

PS. I don't sit behind the cloak of the internet. I've used my paintball nickname on my profile, my real name in my profile, my real location in my profile, my messenger profiles, my date of birth and a link to my website in my profile. You can find within 10 minutes my address & telephone number from this information with no difficulty. I hide from no-one except the rent man.

< Message edited by Dave_T -- 4/30/2008 9:18:10 PM >

(in reply to NeverMan)
Post #: 12
RE: Empire in Arms 1.02j Public Beta Avalible! - 4/30/2008 9:29:55 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

I can voice my opionion any way I wish, as long as it is not threatening. Article 10.

However, you're on a private forum that has certain rules. One of them involves remaining civil and not being abusive. Your opinion and disappointment has been clearly expressed. You crossed the line when you started attacking Marshall and getting bent out of shape when we ask if you can help us reproduce a bug that you've just reported. Feel free to criticize us, but do it with civility and (if you can) constructively.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Dave_T)
Post #: 13
RE: Empire in Arms 1.02j Public Beta Avalible! - 4/30/2008 9:57:43 PM   
Dave_T

quote:

ORIGINAL: carnifex

I'm also a paying customer and I'd like to point out that we are all monkeys. Some monkeys are more civilized than others, it appears.

Origin of Monkey quote:

Am I Your Little Monkey?

Contains adult humour at the end.

< Message edited by Dave_T -- 4/30/2008 10:03:24 PM >

(in reply to carnifex)
Post #: 14
RE: Empire in Arms 1.02j Public Beta Avalible! - 4/30/2008 11:12:26 PM   
jnier

quote:

quote:

Dave_T:

You, sir, are a very big baby.

(in reply to Dave_T)
Post #: 15
RE: Empire in Arms 1.02j Public Beta Avalible! - 5/1/2008 1:11:12 AM   
Marshall Ellis

Dave_T:

Apologize for the difficulty.
I'll look into it...

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to jnier)
Post #: 16
RE: Empire in Arms 1.02j Public Beta Avalible! - 5/1/2008 2:03:16 AM   
Michael T

Does this patch fix the bug where besieged corps and the besieging corps get swaped over? I have two instances in my current game where this anomily occurs. EX France besieged a Baden corp in Karlshrue in Jan. In the French land move in Feb I find that the French corp is now besieged by the Baden corp?? I have to fight my way out! Somehow the two enemy corps have been swapped over.

Not sure if this has been reported or not but I would have thought it would have come up by now. I could not see it in the latest list of fixes. I am using 1.01g.

Thanks Marshall, my group appreciate your efforts. We realize EIA is not a mainstream game with a horde of programmers working on it. So well done on your effort and continuing support.

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 17
RE: Empire in Arms 1.02j Public Beta Avalible! - 5/1/2008 3:51:27 AM   
NeverMan

Not to butt in, but wouldn't it make more sense to fix the mechanical defects of the game before trying to work on the AI? JMO. IMO, the AI is NEVER going to be good enough, so to me, it's useless and I could do without it, but I understand it makes for a more functionally marketable game, but without the mechanics working properly it doesn't matter if the AI is freaking Napoleon reincarnate.

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 18
RE: Empire in Arms 1.02j Public Beta Avalible! - 5/1/2008 6:00:19 AM   
MorningDew

quote:

quote:

Dave_T:

Beyond rude

And a simple question...If you're not a tester, what the heck are you doing downloading and playing a beta. From wiki..."The users of a beta version are called beta testers." Ooops..

< Message edited by AndrewKurtz -- 5/1/2008 6:06:13 AM >

(in reply to Dave_T)
Post #: 19
RE: Empire in Arms 1.02j Public Beta Avalible! - 5/1/2008 7:43:33 AM   
moopere

quote:

Article 10 of what? The Hitchhikers Guide?

Post #: 20
RE: Empire in Arms 1.02j Public Beta Avalible! - 5/1/2008 8:06:54 AM   
Thresh

Dave,

The way your flinging stuff about leaves only a few options as to what you might be.  Moneky is on the short list.

You want this game to be better.  Complaining about whats wrong is only part of that process.  I had a battle in the channel and the fleet in question retreated to Portsmouth.  Why?  I have no idea why, it could have gone to London just as easily. 

If you want the game to get better, start being part of the solution as well.

T

(in reply to moopere)
Post #: 21
RE: Empire in Arms 1.02j Public Beta Avalible! - 5/1/2008 8:10:03 AM   
Thresh

And the next time you want to throw Artivle 10 around, I highly suggest you take Article 1 close to your heart as well.  Especially the "Spirit of Brotherhood part."

T

(in reply to Thresh)
Post #: 22
RE: Empire in Arms 1.02j Public Beta Avalible! - 5/1/2008 4:48:26 PM   
Erik Rutins

Everyone, please do not pile on Dave. He's unhappy with the game and it's our job to make him as happy as we possibly can. Although he went overboard, I understand why he's unhappy and we're working hard to fix the remaining issues.

Let me do the moderation - I've asked Dave to remain civil in his criticism and that applies to everyone else as well.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Thresh)
Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Empire in Arms 1.02j Public Beta Avalible! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI