Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I like it!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets >> I like it! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I like it! - 5/3/2008 11:56:10 AM   
Kung Karl

There have been some real bashing of the game here. I would like to throw in my opinion.

I do not care that it is only one battle even if more would have been nice. Lets fokus more on the fact that they have strived for more realism and gameplay.

About the sceanrio only being 16 turns, it is ok with me. I do not like monster games widch takes forever to complete. If the numbers of unit is like BiN then maybe 16 turns are a little short, 24 or 32 would have been better. BUT, I guess that the number is increased so that every turn takes longer time wich makes the 16 turn campaign more demanding. That way we still don't have to devote our entire free time to play out the battle. So I realy like the fact that it is not a monster 64 turn campaign with hundreds of units. Also, I bet we will se bigger and longer scenarios later.

I also love the idea of area of operations. Will feel nice to get a sense of higer command interfering of my own battleplans.

Get this game out and I am sure many will stop complaning. You have always put out quality products. I have all DBWW2 games, didn't get battlefront due to it being battalion instead of regimental size.

The announcment of this game has me longing big time!

< Message edited by Kung Karl -- 5/3/2008 12:43:33 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: I like it! - 5/4/2008 4:59:29 PM   
balsampear

+1
Me too

(in reply to Kung Karl)
Post #: 2
RE: I like it! - 5/4/2008 7:41:54 PM   
sabre1

Please (I did say please) make sure it has Vista compatibility...and I'm in if the reviews are good...I'm not one of those first adopters of products...

I kept toying with getting Battlefront, but held off due to reviews. 

Thanks,

--/----1

(in reply to balsampear)
Post #: 3
RE: I like it! - 5/5/2008 4:50:56 AM   
Otto20000

I like it too.  I have gotten to where I play SSG games only.  So I'm pretty much addicted to these kinds of games and look forward to the release.  Just needs more scenarios to keep me busy.

(in reply to sabre1)
Post #: 4
RE: I like it! - 5/5/2008 8:14:48 AM   
Gregor_SSG

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kung Karl

There have been some real bashing of the game here. I would like to throw in my opinion.

I do not care that it is only one battle even if more would have been nice. Lets fokus more on the fact that they have strived for more realism and gameplay.

About the sceanrio only being 16 turns, it is ok with me. I do not like monster games widch takes forever to complete. If the numbers of unit is like BiN then maybe 16 turns are a little short, 24 or 32 would have been better. BUT, I guess that the number is increased so that every turn takes longer time wich makes the 16 turn campaign more demanding. That way we still don't have to devote our entire free time to play out the battle. So I realy like the fact that it is not a monster 64 turn campaign with hundreds of units. Also, I bet we will se bigger and longer scenarios later.

I also love the idea of area of operations. Will feel nice to get a sense of higer command interfering of my own battleplans.

Get this game out and I am sure many will stop complaning. You have always put out quality products. I have all DBWW2 games, didn't get battlefront due to it being battalion instead of regimental size.

The announcment of this game has me longing big time!

Karl,

Thank you for your support. I'm sure that your faith will be rewarded as it has been in the past. I'm glad that you like the idea of the Area of Operations, to me they really make the game and also make the Mystery Variants work, which adds so much replayability to the game.

Gregor

Vice President, Strategic Studies Group
See http://www.ssg.com.au and http://www.ssg.com.au/forums/
for info and free scenarios.

(in reply to Kung Karl)
Post #: 5
RE: I like it! - 5/8/2008 11:36:34 AM   
vonji

i'm a great fan of pc wargames since many years

and I think that what makes a great game is the community and if creating scenarios is too hard,(like in BF) the game will die very soon.
I'll probably buy this one, but 16 turns ! it's too short.

(in reply to Kung Karl)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets >> I like it! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI