Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Aerial Status of Rangoon

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Aerial Status of Rangoon Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Aerial Status of Rangoon - 5/6/2008 11:09:58 PM   
John 3rd

We had another aerial melee over Rangoon on June 29th and the IJA/IJN pilots kicked some butt!  Dan sent in two major raids with NO fighter cover.  The raids met 46 Zero and 102 Tony in the air flying CAP.

Raid 1:  27 Wellington/32 LB-30 lose all 27 Brit Bombers and 9 (14 Damaged) LB-30 for 4 Zero and 5 Tony
Raid 2:  12 Wellington/73 Liberator (SCARY!) lose 12 Wellington and 24 Liberator (25 more damaged) for 4 Zero, 9 Tony, and 2 Recon planes on the ground. 

Of my 22 plane losses only I only lost SEVEN pilots!  This makes for a total of 72 A-t-A loses for the Allies to only the 22 Japanese.  This is OVER 3-1!  End of June 1943 now...

China/Vietnam Offensive
My southern China offensive will get off the ground within 2 weeks or so.  I have a massive concentration building around Canton.  It appears that Dan has not seen it.  I can't believe that but 3 HQ, 15 Inf Div, 4 Art Brig, and 2 Eng Reg are getting ready to go.  Will probably order them out on about July 15th.

I intend to make a demonstration out of Hanoi/Haiphong to get Dan to cross into Vietnam.  Since my failed Rangoon attack, reinforcements have steadily streamed towards this destination.  I now have 5 Inf Div and 6-8 support units present.  The 1st Armored Division will arrive within the week and another Inf Division follows that. 

I am trying to be a little sneaky and MAKE Hanoi look weak by moving forces into Haiphong.  It is a non-malarial hex and my units a regaining any lost strength by sitting there.  Both hexes have Size 9 Forts and I have decent air strength at Hanoi.  If Dan does come this way then I should be OK with good supplies, about 3,000 AS, and high Forts.

Pacific
Very quiet right now.  I have picked up activity around Laysen SE of Midway.  Dan recons Midway everyday and I expect him to have picked up my pullout.  If he attacks then that is good.  I won't fight but the units there will certainly cause some mischief with whatever lands.  The island still has about 400 AS at Size 9 Forts.

ASW
Just formed my 2nd ASW TF using the new PG/PC the Japanese get.  A standard 7 ship ASW TF has about 33-40 ASW Strength to it.  This will only get better as I rush more to completion.

Just finished June 1943 and will post the July 1, 1943 Industrial/VP Report sometime today.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 331
New Thoughts - 5/7/2008 7:33:26 AM   
John 3rd

Dan and I got in a few turns today and I neglected in my earlier update to mention a Fleet Movement that I am doing.  Since I have decided to NOT make a fight of his next move (I figure Midway), I have tried to put myself into his shoes and figure out what I would be doing...

My eyes keep coming back to Australia as I fallback to my 1st real defensive line of Newcastle--Broken Hill--Adelaide.  To gain any sort of momentum, the Allies must bring in supplies and fuel.  I have had Glen-SS and other ships blocking (or at least TRYING to block) his transporting of convoys from Panama to NZ and on to Australia.  There are enough troops in NZ and Aussieland to make my life...interesting...and for that to happen, we must see shipping moving east to west.

I am going to use some fuel and attempt to get some sinkings.  On July 1st, a CV TF of FIVE carriers departed Kwajalein for Suva.  My fastest carriers have been selected for this duty:  the new Taiho will get some (potentially) combat operations plus the veteran Hiryu/Soryu and Shokaku/Zuikaku.  Papaete guards the eastern door and I have ordered 63 Betty there to 70% naval search at 20 hexes.  I should get warning of anything coming down from Pearl or emerging from the Panama shipping canal.

Perhaps I can get lucky and crush a convoy or two or three...

I consider this a fairly safe move as it appears fairly certain that Dan is gathering all his forces in Hawaii.  If he moves on Midway, I will continue my operation in the south until he wipes out my troops there.  At that point I will recall the CVs to Saipan or Kwajalein and prepare to meet him in the Decisive Battle. 

The Fleet will be bolstered by numerous new CV/CVL as well as the BB Hybrids.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 332
July 1, 1943 VP/Industrial Report - 5/7/2008 8:29:27 AM   
John 3rd

July 1, 1943
Victory Points and Economic Summary

Victory Points:

Score
Japan   42,002  (DOWN  193 Points)
Allies    16,537  (Up 1,499 Points)

My defeat in the Indian Ocean and the Allied counter-offensive in Australia account for this major change.

Ships Sunk
Japan   347—3,215 VP (up 562)—I lost 15 ships (4 warships lost) sunk during June.  Exact losses were:  CVs Junyo/Hiyo, CA Mikuma, DDs Naganami and Hatsuzuki, 6 AP, 1 TK, and 3 AK.

Major Japanese Vessels Sunk to Date---CV Junyo and Hiyo, BB Fuso and Yamashiro, BC Kirishima, CAs Kinugasa, Kako, and Mikuma, 5 CL, 30 DD (16 Modern DD lost), and 21 SS (17 I-Boats and 4 Ro-).

Allies    547---7,000 VP---Dan lost NO SHIPS for all of June.  THAT is depressing…

Major Allied Vessels Sunk---CVs Enterprise, Lexington, Hornet, and Wasp, BBs Colorado, West Virginia, Idaho, Tennessee, Arizona, and Prince of Wales, 9 CA, 7 CL, 49 DD, and 13 SS.

Manchukuo Garrison---8,135---Up 23---(8,000 Needed)
Political Points---4,151

Units Transferred: 
China               51st-A Infantry Division to 4th Fleet

Industrial Report
Supply              2,800,861
Fuel                  1,105,721
Manpower       854 (1,031,170)
Heavy Industry 15,092 (1,876)
Resources        20,438 (2,323,697)
Oil                    2099 (606,858)

Much BETTER numbers over the previous month.  Supply had a big jump almost 300,000 fuel rose by over 100,000!  This is a major relief.  It should get even better as I had to major convoys at sea carrying 250,000 resources and 125,000 oil.  Manpower dropped a bunch with all the army reinforcements I got in China and at home.

Shipyards
Naval               1,366 (1)
Merchant          981 (2)
Repair              1,508

Battleships
Musashi (167 Days)
Ise (80 Days)   
Hyuga (91 Days)

Carriers
Unryu (4 Days)
Amagi (45 Days)--Accelerated
Katsuragi (423 Days).   
CVL Chitose (42 Days)--Accelerated
CVL Chiyoda (98 Days)--Accelerated

Finishing Unryu will allow me to accelerate Katsuragi.  As the CVLs get done then I will accelerate the remainder of the CVs left in my building que.

Weapons
Armament        572 (61,419)
Vehicles           171 (636)

HUGE drop in both of these stockpiles as my new units were created.  My vehicles dropped by nearly 3,000!  To answer a reader question, those new Infantry Divisions arrive nearly fully built without a lot of need for expansion and/or completion.

Aircraft
Engines 2,098
Assembly         1,199+(916-Rd)

Whichever reader recommended re-opening my Sally line was a genius!  My bomber Sentai have replenished their numbers and I shall be able to outfit the disbanded ones and new groups coming on pretty fast.

Engine Production
Mitsubishi         610/Month—Need 428—2,115 in Pool
Nakajima         1,268(31)—Need 1,146---0 in Pool
Kawasaki         200---Need 190---22 in Pool
Aichi                20---Need 0---304 in Pool

The bomber shift has allowed me to use more Mitsubishi engines and I have been slowly seeing an occasional surplus in the Nakajimas.  See Kawasaki move up some this month as I equal engines to production of Tony.

Plane Production
Fighters            Planes/Month (in Pool)
A6M2              0 (47)
A6M3              96 (39)
A6M3a            167 (103)
Oscar               0 (463)
Oscar IIa          58 (67)
Tojo                 76 (48)
Tony                190 (215)
Jack                 120-R (9/43)—Jack just moved up one month!
A6M5c            31-Rd (8/43)
A6M5              (9/43)
Oscar III          (9/43)
Ki-61 Tony      452-Rd (12/43)
N1K1 George  28-Rd (12/43)

Fighter production FINALLY sees a good month.  I increase stockpiles in everything.  Given another month, I should be able to get all my LBA Zero Daitai into A3 or A3a.  That will help some.  Managed to bring the ever lovely Jack forward a month and that will help a bunch too…

Bombers
Betty                0 (339)
Betty 2             54 (7)
Sally                 66 (25)
Helen               131 (36)
Lily                   114 (2)
Nick-a             27 (0)
Nick-b             12 (0)
Val                   0 (487)—Shut down
Kate                 79 (156)
Judy                 98-Rd (10/43)
Jill                    57-Rd (11/43)

VERY good month here also!  My Army bombers are nearly completely restocked and read to fill out the new units coming over the next 45 days.  I forgot that the Betty 2 came out in July and am happy to see it.

Recon/Float
Emily    20 (32)
Alf        0 (33)
Pete     0  (71)
Pete A  0  (54)
Rufe     6 (11)
Glen     4 (35)
Dinah   0 (0)
Irving-R 35 (26)
Irving-S 23 (20)
Jake     8 (72)
Babs    0 (50)

Recon is picking up also.  Looks like I should be able to get all my units filled out and get them upgraded within the next month or two.

Transports
Tina      10 (51)
Sally     0 (25)
Topsy   20 (25)
Mavis-L 5 (21)
Tabby 10 (75)

Am about to shut down Topsy or Tabby.  Does anyone have a preference as to which should go?

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 333
RE: New Thoughts - 5/7/2008 4:53:13 PM   
Q-Ball

quote:

Weapons
Armament 572 (61,419)
Vehicles 171 (636)

HUGE drop in both of these stockpiles as my new units were created. My vehicles dropped by nearly 3,000! To answer a reader question, those new Infantry Divisions arrive nearly fully built without a lot of need for expansion and/or completion.

John, I JUST received the exact same reinforcements at 6/15, and it cost me exactly 24,000 Armament points; much less than you would expect for almost 10 divisions worth of troops. They seem to have cost almost exactly the Load Cost on the Reinforcement Screen, like 950 or so for a division.

quote:

Transports
Tina 10 (51)
Sally 0 (25)
Topsy 20 (25)
Mavis-L 5 (21)
Tabby 10 (75)

Am about to shut down Topsy or Tabby. Does anyone have a preference as to which should go?
quote:

Not even close, TABBY. She has better range, and much greater capacity. There is no downside to the TABBY.

Not sure how the Japanese figured out how to make a better DC-3 than us, but they did in WITP.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 334
RE: New Thoughts - 5/7/2008 7:15:24 PM   
John 3rd

Q-Ball thanks for the copy on this.  I will shut off my Topsy line and change it over to researching another fighter.

I was surprised at how well I weathered the armament and vehicle hit with all those new units.  It was good to see that I actually PLANNED for something that worked out.

Hanoi  I just noticed a large stack of troops moving towards the Vietnam border.  Wonder if Dan is planning to attack here finally?  The 1st Armored Division is about 3-4 days from Hanoi and that should help raise its strength.  I checked earlier and--at the moment--Hanoi has 800 AS and Haiphong is about the same.  The armored division packs 350 by itself and I have two more Tank Regiments as well as an Infantry Brigade on the way.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 335
RE: New Thoughts - 5/7/2008 10:42:39 PM   
ny59giants

John,
I'm glad to see you post your monthly report. Since it seems one and/or both my PBEMs games are on hold, I've started my first game against the AI using Big B's mod as Japan.   I may send you a PM about it as I need more info on which ships to accelerate or not. There was a good post by Nemo about this topic about a month or two back that I wish I had copied and pasted.  Any advice about ships and Japanese economy you can sedn me would be appreciated.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 336
RE: July 1, 1943 VP/Industrial Report - 5/7/2008 11:46:03 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd
Heavy Industry 15,092 (1,876)
Nakajima 1,268(31)—Need 1,146---0 in Pool

Hi John, I started your AAR today (took all day to get this far). Very interesting and entertaining. I see you're into 1943 when the Allied production kicks in. Notice how his air force just continues to grow and grow regardless of how much you destroy. Sorry to say, but it'll only get worse.

I've kept track of some of your production figures. Note that your Nakajima engine production is about 120 greater than the demand, yet you have none in the pool. I suspect that your actual production is far less than the 1268. Your total production is eating up your HI production and then some. I suggest you reduce some production to allow your HI pool to increase. I think that, during the production portion of the turn, your HI pool drops low enough that certain production events can't happen due to the shortage of HI points. As the computer checks individual factories for production, if there are not enough HI points to allow that factory to produce, the factory does not produce at all. As a start, I'd attempt to build the HI pool to about 5x your daily production, or about 75k in the pool. This will ensure you have enough HI to do everything you want to do. Just a thought.....

Keep up the great work!

Mike

By the way, you'll just love the Jack (and your opponent will just hate it).

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 337
RE: July 1, 1943 VP/Industrial Report - 5/7/2008 11:51:33 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

Transports
Tina 10 (51)
Sally 0 (25)
Topsy 20 (25)
Mavis-L 5 (21)
Tabby 10 (75)

Am about to shut down Topsy or Tabby. Does anyone have a preference as to which should go?

Tough to decide without some additional info. They're for Army and Navy respectively, so it depends on your need and current deployment of them. Just looking at the numbers, the obvious choice is to shut down the Tabby. When you total all the Army vs. Navy transports in the pool you get 50 and 147 respectively. That encourages shutting down the Tabbys even more. I recommend taking the time to see how many of each type you have deployed and how many you are short and then go from there.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 338
RE: July 1, 1943 VP/Industrial Report - 5/7/2008 11:58:26 PM   
John 3rd

Mike,
Thanks for jumping in.  How would you advice me cutting back so I can build up my HI?  Are there areas that can be shutdown or changed to really help here?

I have decided to scale back my transport production.  I switched half of Tabby over to A6M5 research and shut down the Topsy.

I would really welcome any advice you might have regarding HI and the economy.  I think I do OK but KNOW I could better!
John

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 339
RE: July 1, 1943 VP/Industrial Report - 5/8/2008 12:00:59 AM   
John 3rd

Mr. Benoit!  Haven't gotten a note from you in a while.  Hope things are well with you and you're not working too hard.  Shoot me a note and I'll give my suggestions.  As for ship-building I think you can follow that with my Economy Reports.  If you have questions from the beginning of the campaign (since I started this AAR six month sin...) just ask.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 340
RE: July 1, 1943 VP/Industrial Report - 5/8/2008 12:13:10 AM   
Mike Solli

quote:

Mr. Benoit!  Haven't gotten a note from you in a while.  Hope things are well with you and you're not working too hard.  Shoot me a note and I'll give my suggestions.  As for ship-building I think you can follow that with my Economy Reports.  If you have questions from the beginning of the campaign (since I started this AAR six month sin...) just ask.

John,

Here is an old (and still accurate) picture of Japanese production:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 341
RE: July 1, 1943 VP/Industrial Report - 5/8/2008 12:13:49 AM   
Q-Ball

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

quote:

Transports
Tina 10 (51)
Sally 0 (25)
Topsy 20 (25)
Mavis-L 5 (21)
Tabby 10 (75)

Tough to decide without some additional info. They're for Army and Navy respectively, so it depends on your need and current deployment of them. Just looking at the numbers, the obvious choice is to shut down the Tabby. When you total all the Army vs. Navy transports in the pool you get 50 and 147 respectively. That encourages shutting down the Tabbys even more. I recommend taking the time to see how many of each type you have deployed and how many you are short and then go from there.

In stock you are correct, however John and I are on Big B, and the TABBY is an ARMY Transport. Not sure why, but it is. Navy Transport units can use the Tina/Mavis as the best options.

In stock, the Topsy is probably the best Army option. Not sure about others.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 342
RE: July 1, 1943 VP/Industrial Report - 5/8/2008 12:17:24 AM   
Mike Solli

Not sure what to shut down without seeing the whole picture.  What are your ground reinforcements for the next month?  If they're minimal, try shutting down about 250 armament factories for a month.  That'll net you some excess HI:

6 HI X 250 Arm X 30 days = 45k HI saved.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 343
RE: July 1, 1943 VP/Industrial Report - 5/8/2008 12:18:29 AM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

quote:

quote:

Transports
Tina 10 (51)
Sally 0 (25)
Topsy 20 (25)
Mavis-L 5 (21)
Tabby 10 (75)

In stock you are correct, however John and I are on Big B, and the TABBY is an ARMY Transport. Not sure why, but it is. Navy Transport units can use the Tina/Mavis as the best options.

In stock, the Topsy is probably the best Army option. Not sure about others.

Hmm, very interesting.... I wonder why?

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 344
RE: July 1, 1943 VP/Industrial Report - 5/8/2008 12:21:07 AM   
Mike Solli

quote:

In stock you are correct, however John and I are on Big B, and the TABBY is an ARMY Transport. Not sure why, but it is.

That being the case, I'd stop production on the Topsy altogether and build only the Tabby. That's if their stats are the same as stock, of course.

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 345
RE: July 1, 1943 VP/Industrial Report - 5/8/2008 12:24:43 AM   
ny59giants

Without really knowing much, I saw that your HI reserves seemed very low. You start out with 13,130 HI with Big B's mod (that's the one I'm using) and you have only expanded it by 2000.

Could you halt some of your Armament and expand HI by another 200 to 250??  That would give you another 5000 to 7500 HI for the month, I think.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 346
RE: July 1, 1943 VP/Industrial Report - 5/8/2008 12:29:59 AM   
John 3rd

Good comments gentlemen!  I will do some more industrial expansion.  There are several places in Manchuria and China that I could double without too much trouble.  Additionally, I do not have too many rienforcements coming in for about 60 days so I could easily turn off some of my munitions plants.  BOTH of those options isn't too bad and shouldn't cost too much.  Am waiting on a turn from Dan and will institute the changes immediately.

Will write and detail what I did after next turn. 

Any other good thoughts???

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 347
RE: July 1, 1943 VP/Industrial Report - 5/8/2008 12:31:35 AM   
Mike Solli

Are you sure all of your HI factories are getting sufficient oil and resources?  If not, they aren't producing.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 348
RE: July 1, 1943 VP/Industrial Report - 5/8/2008 12:47:02 AM   
Q-Ball

quote:

Are you sure all of your HI factories are getting sufficient oil and resources? If not, they aren't producing.

That was my thought exactly. Something is wrong. I am playing the exact same mod, exact same time (I am at 6/20/43), and I have the following:

214,543 in HI
170,643 Armament (it's turned off now!)
All CV's built (next in the pool is Katsuragi)
At least 3000 engines in the pool

Granted, I was very fortunate in my Oil center damage, and I repaired my resources first to generate supply to then repair the Oil.

Looking at your A/C production, I am producing more airframes as well.

I don't think I am that good. I have been very careful to keep all HI well stocked, but I'm not a genius. There has to be something wrong, either you are not keeping those centers supplied, or are REALLY hurting for production. Are you shipping resources to Japan?

Whichever reader recommended re-opening my Sally line was a genius!

...I will take credit for that one though! That was me.

quote:

Good comments gentlemen! I will do some more industrial expansion. There are several places in Manchuria and China that I could double without too much trouble.

I don't think not enough HI is your problem. I could be wrong, but I think you aren't getting enough Oil/Resources to existing HI. IF I am right, doing this won't solve any problems, it will just burn supply. If you are fully-producing in HI, then where is it going? Merchant ships? That's all I can think of, as I have turned off most Merchant production. It can't be going into Naval builds, Armaments, Aircraft, at least from where I am.

< Message edited by Q-Ball -- 5/8/2008 12:55:53 AM >

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 349
RE: July 1, 1943 VP/Industrial Report - 5/8/2008 12:53:55 AM   
ny59giants

Sir John,
Using Mike Solli's attachment explaining Japanese production I come up with these numbers.

Hi - 15,092 x 30 days = 452,760/month

Naval - 1366 x 3 x 30 days = 122,940/mo
Merchant - 981 x 3 x 30 days = 88,290/mo
Repair - 1508 (didn't see any use of HI here)
Armament - 572 x 6 x 30 days = 102,960/mo
Vehicles - 171 x 6 x 30 = 30,780/mo
Engines - 2098/mo x 30 days = 37,764/mo
Assembly - 1189/mo x 30 days = 21,582/mo
Assembly (-rd) 916 x 18 = 16,488/mo

This adds up to 393,094 use of HI per month.
452,760 - 393,094 = 59,666 surplus HI per month or 1988/day (yours is 1876/day).

Is there another source of HI usage I'm missing??
If not, then it seems you need to either halt some things and/or expand HI by some degree.

Mr. Benoit,
Amateur Production Foreman

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 350
RE: July 1, 1943 VP/Industrial Report - 5/8/2008 1:08:24 AM   
John 3rd

Michael--You just put me on the floor in convulsions!  I know what you are going to say...NO...it WAS NOT one of my spells...

The Home Islands HAVE to be fine because my supply and fuel numbers are going up right now.  I have always used those as a barometer of how things are going.  Am I wrong to look at that?

I just scrolled around my July 1st saved turn and saw that there isn't any oil/fuel in Bangkok or Vietnam.  Could that be part of the problem?  There is some HI down there...

Q-Ball---I forgot it was your brilliance who helped solve my bomber logjam!

Formosa is good and has a good amount of fuel/supplies.

Manchuria has fuel and decent supply in it.

Is there something I am missing?  Does anyone want an old turn with a password to take a closer look in their spare time???

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 351
RE: July 1, 1943 VP/Industrial Report - 5/8/2008 1:13:43 AM   
ny59giants

PM sent.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 352
RE: July 1, 1943 VP/Industrial Report - 5/8/2008 1:28:50 AM   
John 3rd

Already fired it back to you Michael.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 353
RE: July 1, 1943 VP/Industrial Report - 5/8/2008 1:31:45 AM   
ny59giants

Got it.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 354
Japan Indochina---July 1, 1943 - 5/8/2008 1:42:14 AM   
John 3rd

This is my situation within this highly active theatre:

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 355
Economic Issues - 5/8/2008 2:08:23 AM   
ny59giants

Sir John,

I looked only at the Home Islands for now.
I saw the large TF with 109,344 worth of Oil which is badly needed.
According to the Manual (which we all take with a grain of salt), you need 2x the Oil than HI for HI to work each turn. Is this correct?? If so, then most of the HI in Japan is shut down until you get some Oil.

Nagaski - Oil is 527 with HI at 600
Fukuka - Oil is 1513 with HI at 1020
Hiroshima - Oil is 593 with HI at 720
Takamatsu - Oil is 896 with HI at 600
Okayama - Oil is 552 with HI at 360
Kyoto - Oil is 61 with HI at 300
Nagoya - Oil is 1126 with HI at 1140
Tsu - Oil is 34 with HI at 60
Kanazawa - Oil is 154 with HI at 120
Hamamatsu - Oil is 100 with HI at 600
Gumma - Oil is 197 with HI at 120
Tokyo - Oil is 700 with HI at 1380
Sendai - Oil is 96 with HI at 120
Aomori - Oil is 71 with HI at 120

The northern part of Japan is working due to Oil being produced at Akita (Oil is 1113 with HI at 120) and Niigata (Oil is 2468 with HI at 450). and these feed bases in Hokkaido which are OK.

Thus, I would send some of the Oil to Nagaski to feed Kyushu Island. Some to Tokyo and Hiroshima. Right now I can see 2 to 4 turns without full HI production.

More to follow.

Mr. Benoit-sun
Amateur Production Foreman

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 356
RE: Economic Issues - 5/8/2008 2:23:24 AM   
ny59giants

Korea and Manchukuo:

Keijo - Oil is 699 with HI at 450
Heijo - Oil is 424 with HI at 240
Konan - Oil is 308 with HI at 180

Now, you have "huge" stockpiles of Resources here.
Changkufeng - 12,396 Resources
Anshan - 18,755 Resources
Mukden - 22,464 Resources
Harbin - 17,205 Resources

I think some of your AKs need to save you fuel and come here vs SRA/DEI for Resources.
If you're consider expanding HI, some of you bases in Korea have the Resources there and small HI that could be easily expanded.

next....China

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 357
RE: Economic Issues - 5/8/2008 2:41:53 AM   
ny59giants

China

Send TKs to Hong Kong...now!! It has 51,313 in Oil
But make sure they are under heavy escort both at sea and in the air.

Peking - Oil is 278 with HI at 240
Chengting - Oil is 54 with HI at 280
Tsingtao - Resources at 24,962
Nanchang - Oil is 87 with HI at 180
Soochow - Oil is 7 (yes, this is correct) with HI at 89
Shanghai - Oil is 48 with HI at 240 and Resources at 33,572
Wenchow - Resources at 30,115
Hong Kong - Oil is 51,313 with HI at 151

Need to use you short legged AKs to start pulling Resources to the Home Islands.
The Oil at HK will not be moved due to his control of rail lines to the other parts of China by AI.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 358
RE: Economic Issues - 5/8/2008 2:49:01 AM   
John 3rd

DAMN!  Have I ever said that you are a big STUD Mr. Michael??!!  Holy Cow!  How was it that you got all that info in so short of a time?

I have always sent my oil/resources to Osaka because I have been TOLD that it is dispersed from that port throughout the Home Islands.  Am I wrong in this?

Getting oil out of Hong Kong will be tough due to his B-25s.  I can float in a large number of Tony to protect them but it will be one heck of a fight...

I can move the resources from China without issue.

I'll also expand HI in Korea as you suggest.

Other thoughts?

I am NOT prowd at all.  Anyone?  Anyone??  Bueller?  Ferris Bueller??

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 359
RE: July 1, 1943 VP/Industrial Report - 5/8/2008 2:57:52 AM   
Big B

quote:

quote:

In stock you are correct, however John and I are on Big B, and the TABBY is an ARMY Transport. Not sure why, but it is.

That being the case, I'd stop production on the Topsy altogether and build only the Tabby. That's if their stats are the same as stock, of course.

EDIT: figured out why the Tabby is showing up as IJ Army.

In stock scenario 15 the Tabby is IJ Navy
In stock scenario 16 the Tabby is IJ Army.

Weird, but it depends on which scenario you are playing.

B

< Message edited by Big B -- 5/8/2008 3:27:08 AM >

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 360
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Aerial Status of Rangoon Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI