Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some new weapons images

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Modern Tactics >> Some new weapons images Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some new weapons images - 4/1/2008 11:37:56 PM   
Audie Murphy

Just some small improvements to the great work done for CCMT:

Versions of infantry weapons
- longer M16, modified stock version, also with M203
- version of AK-74 with a brown clip, modified stock (the metal version can then be used for later AK models, if someone makes more up to date OPFOR)

In progress
- tank cannons, based on the versions Rouge5 made for athe Road to Baghdad. They are in desert color, need to be repainted green. The current cannons are ok but look a bit WW2.

Anyone interested in these new icons?
Post #: 1
RE: Some new weapons images - 4/7/2008 4:22:19 AM   
VDV

I would be interested in such images.. I was playing around the other day actually with making similar icons for the AK-74 / Rpk-74 series to denote unit structure differences in Soviet and Russian forces over the coarse of the past few decades. Red-orange Magazine for 1970's to mid 1980's To&E, Plum (red brown) for Mid 80's to Mid 90's, Black for Mid 90's to current. Also to distinguish the AKM from Ak-47 gave it the Red Bakelite magazine in common use during the late 70's and 80's.. Little details I know, as all the weapons are the same game wise but I like it...Me personally I have obliterated the original games unit structures, offed the Nato based stuff and now just have changed the whole thing to model the Soviet-afghan war and Russian-Chechen war...Also working on making a Balkans conflict force structure.

Have to say I love this game for the fact it is so easy (With a bit of patience) to modify it to exactly what one wishes it to be. There is no end really (Aside from some aspects hardwired into the game) to how this game can be modified and altered to whatever level of realism one wishes to place on it.

(in reply to Audie Murphy)
Post #: 2
RE: Some new weapons images - 4/12/2008 5:01:44 AM   
Audie Murphy

There is a ton of images Rouge5 made for the game Road to Baghdad and you may even like those better. 
The tank barrels are finished. 

The Soviet period is exactly what is needed for the Eastern side, and the Russian-Chechen war has come with some new weapons.

(in reply to VDV)
Post #: 3
RE: Some new weapons images - 4/12/2008 7:06:19 AM   
Perturabo

quote:

ORIGINAL: VDV

I would be interested in such images.. I was playing around the other day actually with making similar icons for the AK-74 / Rpk-74 series to denote unit structure differences in Soviet and Russian forces over the coarse of the past few decades. Red-orange Magazine for 1970's to mid 1980's To&E, Plum (red brown) for Mid 80's to Mid 90's, Black for Mid 90's to current. Also to distinguish the AKM from Ak-47 gave it the Red Bakelite magazine in common use during the late 70's and 80's.. Little details I know, as all the weapons are the same game wise but I like it...Me personally I have obliterated the original games unit structures, offed the Nato based stuff and now just have changed the whole thing to model the Soviet-afghan war and Russian-Chechen war...Also working on making a Balkans conflict force structure.

Sounds great. Do you plan making it a full mod?

People shouldn't ask themselves why schools get shoot up.
They should ask themselves why people who finish schools burned out due to mobbing aren't receiving high enough compensations to not seek vengeance.

(in reply to VDV)
Post #: 4
RE: Some new weapons images - 5/10/2008 4:32:01 AM   
VDV

Eventually I see this spare time playing around turning into a mod of sorts.

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 5
RE: Some new weapons images - 6/25/2008 9:51:37 PM   
lstp04

Where can I find these "new images" that Rouge5 has made? That can be used within CCMT?

Thanks

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 6
RE: Some new weapons images - 6/25/2008 11:35:13 PM   
spinel

Yes, I would love to have these images for use as well ....

Is Audie able to share them?

< Message edited by spinel -- 6/25/2008 11:36:29 PM >

(in reply to lstp04)
Post #: 7
RE: Some new weapons images - 6/27/2008 7:40:18 PM   
lstp04

+1

Any news on where / if we can get additional images to put into the game? From the sources talked about aove - Thanks

Post #: 8
RE: Some new weapons images - 10/12/2008 8:38:50 PM   
Audie Murphy

I have the images on my HD. Nowhere to upload but maybe I can send them to you?

Added some later versions of AK rifles, AN Abakan as well as the Vintorez and Val rifles and the SVU sniper rifle.

(in reply to lstp04)
Post #: 9
RE: Some new weapons images - 10/15/2008 9:33:49 AM   
squadleader_id

I have Rogue5's WW2 weapons pack...but I don't have his modern weapons pack. Could you send it to me, Audie Murphy? TIA!

Post #: 10
RE: Some new weapons images - 10/15/2008 8:08:58 PM   
Andrew Williams

Audie Murphy

What form are the weapons icons in?

They can be hosted at CSO and CCS if you pass them on.

thanks

(in reply to squadleader_id)
Post #: 11
RE: Some new weapons images - 10/17/2008 7:18:14 PM   
Audie Murphy

They are in tga format, upside down (to be used with Gadgetmunger).

There is a WWII icon library by Rouge5 on CCS, so they can be posted there. I will contact the CCS and CSO.

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 12
RE: Some new weapons images - 10/17/2008 8:13:42 PM   
Andrew Williams

Rouge5's weapon icon library has been available at CSO since 12 January (beating CCS by almost 3 weeks)

http://www.closecombatonline.com/CSO/index.php?name=CmodsDownload&file=index&req=viewsdownload&sid=233&orderby=dateD

Please note these icons are for use by modders, they are not to be inserted directly into the game.

Post #: 13
RE: Some new weapons images - 10/19/2008 12:24:34 AM   
Audie Murphy

That is a WWII icon library. Rouge5 made some more icons for Road to Baghdad, as the initial weapons icons and graphics altogether were taken from CC5 "as it is". The Iraqis had MG42 for RPK-47 and wore WWII German airborne uniforms. Rouge5 agreed to make Soviet weapons for RtB and later he also made new icons for the US weapons.

There are more icons in the package than RtB actually needs, including many versions of M4 and M16. 

This could be something the community mod could use.

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Modern Tactics >> Some new weapons images Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI