Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any reason reinforcements shouldn't appear?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Any reason reinforcements shouldn't appear? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any reason reinforcements shouldn't appear? - 5/10/2008 6:31:26 AM   
Xikar

I have found waaay too many reinforcement phases come and go where the troops I had purchased the correct number of months prior (say, infantry) that simply do not become available during the reinforcement phase. Is there any reason why you may be denied reinforcements? I'm not talking certain counters in the field from getting them... I mean from them appearing at all for you during the reinforcement phase. I plan ahead X number of months and buy infantry during the correct economic phase... then during the proper month, they simply do not appear.
Post #: 1
RE: Any reason reinforcements shouldn't appear? - 5/10/2008 6:36:44 AM   
Grognot

Never seen it happen.  Any reason you're not posting any saved games?

(in reply to Xikar)
Post #: 2
RE: Any reason reinforcements shouldn't appear? - 5/10/2008 10:43:51 AM   
bresh

It would help with file attachment, also inform what patch you currently are using.

Regards
Bresh

(in reply to Grognot)
Post #: 3
RE: Any reason reinforcements shouldn't appear? - 5/10/2008 4:05:02 PM   
Xikar

okay, several times you guys mentioned "posting saved games"... what is the quickest route to do this? in the future when I see one of the three major issues I have run into appear I can be more helpful.

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 4
RE: Any reason reinforcements shouldn't appear? - 5/10/2008 5:32:05 PM   
NeverMan

So, when you buy inf they are not appearing 3 months later (in the next eco phase month)? When you buy cav they are not appearing 5 months later? Gaurds 6 months later? Etc?

Yes, that is wierd. If you get reinf in that phase then the UI should tell you before you end the phase if you still have troops to place.

(in reply to Xikar)
Post #: 5
RE: Any reason reinforcements shouldn't appear? - 5/11/2008 12:46:54 AM   
Xikar

quote:

ORIGINAL: NeverMan

So, when you buy inf they are not appearing 3 months later (in the next eco phase month)? When you buy cav they are not appearing 5 months later? Gaurds 6 months later? Etc?

Yes, that is wierd. If you get reinf in that phase then the UI should tell you before you end the phase if you still have troops to place.

Yes, I was hopeing you guys could say "well, this or that can happen to keep your reinforcements from appearing".... this doesn't happen every time, of course, but enough for me to say "hey, wait a minute, I has 20i and 2c due this turn, why am I getting the message saying "no reinforcements available", or however that message is worded. I will keep looking to see if I am overlooking something, as nobody else in this forum seems to indicate they have found this to happen to them, so I doubt it's a bug. Could be computer operator ignorance (C.O.I.)

(in reply to NeverMan)
Post #: 6
RE: Any reason reinforcements shouldn't appear? - 5/11/2008 1:00:40 AM   
Grognot

For posting saved games, make a .zip archive of the .sav and .sav.dat file, and attach them. You'll have to use the 'post reply' button instead of the 'fast reply' box because the latter doesn't offer the ability to attach files.

i bought in March economic phase will not be available until June reinforcement phase.
m bought in March economic phase -- available in April reinforcement phase.
c "" -- August
g, a "" -- September

ships --
t "" -- September
l "" -- next March
h "" -- September after next

There is only one case in which a major power's purchased reinforcements will not be available to place (and, for anything but ships, *must* be placed or lost) on schedule -- when a port in which ships are being constructed is captured. The unfinished ships will be destroyed.

(in reply to Xikar)
Post #: 7
RE: Any reason reinforcements shouldn't appear? - 5/11/2008 1:15:34 AM   
ndrose

Grognot--it should be noted that the game doesn't make ships available at the normal time. What you posted is the way it's supposed to work, but for ships, they actually become available one month later than that. (So they come up in the reinforcement phases of January, April, July, and October.)

Xikar--after an economic phase, check the reinforcement spinner for the months you expect your reinforcements. If they're not listed, maybe you're doing something wrong during the econ. phase. If they are listed, but somehow don't become available to place, then, uh--who knows? As others have said, we could help you better if you post a savefile.

Nathan

(in reply to Grognot)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Any reason reinforcements shouldn't appear? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI