Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: few wishes for AE

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: few wishes for AE Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: few wishes for AE - 5/12/2008 2:44:13 AM   
Blackhorse

I think we're beyond micromanagement. Nanomanagement?

WitP-AE -- US LCU & AI Stuff

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Moriarty: Crap!

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 61
RE: few wishes for AE - 5/12/2008 2:52:13 AM   
Terminus

Particlemanagement, perhaps?

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Blackhorse)
Post #: 62
RE: few wishes for AE - 5/12/2008 10:04:15 AM   
1275psi

Im really excited by AE coming. I hope I can express this right - I get the feeling that the game will be far more realistic -hopefully less bloody combat -esp air to air, better experience , and Japan probably restricted now through various factors to a more realistic(if thats the word) expansion.

I just hope that overall the "pace" of operations might be reduced. Losses "hurt more"
I hope that we have more realistic stacking limits -and airfields can no longer support mega operations.

I was playing a stock game (opponent seems to have dropped of to the the girlfriend planet I think) where A/F size equalled number of squadrons you could operate -and it played very , very well.

If AE reflects this sort of stuff -Ill be over the moon

PS -clicking is good!
Micromanegment is very good
battling the same problems the actual commanders faced is the ultimate goal for me!

< Message edited by 1275psi -- 5/12/2008 10:05:09 AM >

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 63
RE: few wishes for AE - 5/12/2008 1:06:16 PM   
Fishbed

quote:

where A/F size equalled number of squadrons you could operate -and it played very , very well.

Thought about that too but the aircraft numbers being different from one unit to another, I prefered to take another mode of calculation based on the engines - AF size x 60 engines = number of engines allowed. Makes my job as the Allies tougher, aka nicer

(in reply to 1275psi)
Post #: 64
RE: few wishes for AE - 5/12/2008 2:31:34 PM   
Dili

To clarify. I dont have problems with easing use and i am dont like clicking fest either, but not at expense of decision capability. Lets say we could multiple select units and change their setting simultanously, that would be great. Lets go further and suppose we had ability to define mission profile and weapons(100kg bombs, 500kg etc), now if we could save that settings and mass load mission profile in many squadrons simultaneously we could have even more detail than WITP/AE and less cumbersome click fest.

(in reply to Fishbed)
Post #: 65
RE: few wishes for AE - 5/12/2008 2:54:56 PM   
treespider

I wish the game would come with a cerebral interface so it would do what I was thinking... and not what I actually clicked.

< Message edited by treespider -- 5/12/2008 2:55:52 PM >

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to Dili)
Post #: 66
RE: few wishes for AE - 5/12/2008 3:07:03 PM   
Bliztk

A good thing should be add a button to a base, so it can draw supplies

Now getting supplies to a overland base it`s a lottery, at best

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 67
RE: few wishes for AE - 5/12/2008 3:21:58 PM   
treespider

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bliztk

A good thing should be add a button to a base, so it can draw supplies

Now getting supplies to a overland base it`s a lottery, at best

That's already in...

Here's a link to:

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to Bliztk)
Post #: 68
RE: few wishes for AE - 5/12/2008 4:00:48 PM   
Mike Scholl

quote:

ORIGINAL: treespider

I wish the game would come with a cerebral interface so it would do what I was thinking... and not what I actually clicked.

I want this too..., my head is SO MUCH smarter than my hand! But I can just see the face of the programmer assigned the task. Jaw drops, eyes widen, fist goes through the monitor...

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 69
RE: an idea... - 5/12/2008 4:50:06 PM   
Czert

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Czert

option to issue fast unload order to normal (transport) missions - for simple reason - I supplying my base and my search planes spoot enemy force which can realy criple my transport fleet - then I have basicaly only two options - steay and pray, or abor unloading and go back later. Third option will be very hepfull.

and another - option to display most probaly destination hex for next turn of enemy fleets - this make interecpting/avoiding to enemy TF much easier.

I wish for easter egg cheat codes for nuclear powered carrier and F-14s. Will make for sinking KB easier.

Hehe, no need to be ironic - we aleady have in game text of enemy TF direction and spooter planeč tell us speed, so onlyest thing we need is display in normal phase booth infos - course AND speed - rest is simple. Showed next turn destination hexes will be only for novices. For hardcore gamers is here only course and speed. BTW map need displayed compas rose too, because I sometimes swap north and south (north in my language starting on letter s).

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 70
RE: few wishes for AE - 5/12/2008 4:57:53 PM   
Czert

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dili

quote:

i have a wish for AE that you do not have to set height in feet for AC just low, med, high level attack would be fine! or even the mission itself would define the height!

Never!!! 

I don´t want a reduce of micromanagement either...

How about BOOTH options ? Auto setting (low, med, high) and manual micromanagment - lets players decide which buttons to use.
I love details in Witp, but I hate tu much micromanagment. Certain automations will be very heplfull and can make game more enjoying - like previsously sugested auto starting/stoping of AC production when certain level of AC in pool is reached. Manual halting/restarting is annoying.

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 71
RE: an idea... - 5/12/2008 5:04:00 PM   
Czert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fishbed

quote:

I wish for easter egg cheat codes for nuclear powered carrier and F-14s. Will make for sinking KB easier.

USS Boise and F4U Corsair are already included in the Vanilla mister, what more do you want from them?!

Sex, drugs, rock and roll ?

(in reply to Fishbed)
Post #: 72
RE: an idea... - 5/12/2008 5:27:10 PM   
Monter_Trismegistos

You want a sex with entire crew of USS Boise? :)

Nec Temere Nec Timide
Bez strachu ale z rozwagą

(in reply to Czert)
Post #: 73
RE: an idea... - 5/12/2008 5:44:43 PM   
Czert

Ach, thats only 3000 men. To few.

(in reply to Monter_Trismegistos)
Post #: 74
RE: an idea... - 5/12/2008 9:03:45 PM   
Czert

safe port check - (can be dispayed or hidden) - this will be simple function - it diver ship/sub to nearest port for repair, if is here chance ship will not surive patch to chosen port. Ship will simply go to nearest possible port for emergeny repairs to prevent sinking, and after necesary repairs are done, then ship will proced to destination (for better repairs) without risk of sinking on the way.
I hate sinking of my ships due to bad chosen destination port. From which valua I can asume if ship surive way back or not ?
I was send 43/53/0 damaged sub (as japanese) to port 20 hexes away (and AI leaving her partoling) and sub was sink on half way to port.

(in reply to Czert)
Post #: 75
RE: an idea... - 5/12/2008 10:52:37 PM   
Dili

quote:

How about BOOTH options ?

I have no prob with that but multiple interfaces pose a problem

quote:

Can you explain what is so outrageous and offbase with what i said instead of above atitude?

(in reply to Czert)
Post #: 76
RE: an idea... - 5/13/2008 4:32:53 PM   
Czert

option to raise maximum amount of planes in unit - it is nice to have 9 emilis in unit having NS/ASW task, but it s not enough in some cases. And make this costly and limited -e.q. is not possible to more than double (triple for 9) original size of unit with progresive cost for every plane over original size.
And just currious why H8K missing naval attacks if it can carry torpedoes ? Od course, usable only agains merchants due to size.

(in reply to Dili)
Post #: 77
RE: an idea... - 5/13/2008 5:29:41 PM   
Dili

Czert WITP-AE intends to have some ressemblance to doctrine and historical issues. If you want more H8K in a combat front bring more H8K units.

I dont know of any instance(tough i dont know H8K units histories like i wished) that a H8K employed torpedos or that their crews were trained for that. Torpedos are expensive weapons and usually go to well trained crews(that have to spend dozens torpedos training).

(in reply to Czert)
Post #: 78
RE: an idea... - 5/13/2008 5:42:23 PM   
Mike Scholl

quote:

I dont know of any instance(tough i dont know H8K units histories like i wished) that a H8K employed torpedos or that their crews were trained for that. Torpedos are expensive weapons and usually go to well trained crews(that have to spend dozens torpedos training).

Forget the expense of the torpedoes..., those big flying boats were expensive, hard to build, and far to limited in numbers to be risked at torpedo bombers. Even a merchant might do enough damage to keep one from getting home at the ranges they operated. Far too valuable for reccon.

(in reply to Dili)
Post #: 79
RE: an idea... - 5/13/2008 11:51:54 PM   
Fishbed

quote:

option to raise maximum amount of planes in unit - it is nice to have 9 emilis in unit having NS/ASW task, but it s not enough in some cases. And make this costly and limited -e.q. is not possible to more than double (triple for 9) original size of unit with progresive cost for every plane over original size.
And just currious why H8K missing naval attacks if it can carry torpedoes ? Od course, usable only agains merchants due to size.

Well maybe they work like the Catalinas - then you'll have to turn them into night ops if you want the Naval Attack option to get activated. I guess PzB and a number of player occasionally used the H8K in this role at night already.

(in reply to Czert)
Post #: 80
RE: an idea... - 5/14/2008 4:54:14 PM   
Czert

Wow, I didn known that - activating of naval attack on night ops. Good trick (not mentioned in manual).

And I have another idea - ETA for TF (at destination) - this make coordinating of invasion from multiple bases much easier.

Dili - my problem is simple - I have not enough H8K for my plans, even if all units are at full numbers.

(in reply to Fishbed)
Post #: 81
RE: an idea... - 5/14/2008 5:10:51 PM   
Czert

and another - ability to build completly new ship - yes, this will be ahistorical, but can solve many problems, I have lost many ships for simple reason -not enough numbers or AR ships (JE have only ONE for whole game , really, really "nice" - of course, allow building of completly new ships for allies too, but hey, they have enough numbers of all types of ships).

(in reply to Czert)
Post #: 82
RE: an idea... - 5/14/2008 6:10:53 PM   
Charbroiled

In WITP, you can "build" AR, MLE, AV, AS, and a couple of other aux ships. For Japan, get a 7000 AK to Osaka and you will see a convert button. For Allies the port is SF. You can then convert the AK to the aux ship of your choice which will show up 180 days (IIRC)

If I understand correctly, AE will allow more conversion options.

(in reply to Czert)
Post #: 83
RE: an idea... - 5/14/2008 8:57:34 PM   
Dili

quote:

I have not enough H8K for my plans, even if all units are at full numbers.

It is not dificult to edit that in editor. But like i said that is completely off Historicaly. To build them can only(or should ) be made at expense of other stuff. Maybe converting those 40 Transport versions build to Patrol.

(in reply to Charbroiled)
Post #: 84
RE: an idea... - 5/15/2008 4:22:40 PM   
Czert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Charbroiled

In WITP, you can "build" AR, MLE, AV, AS, and a couple of other aux ships. For Japan, get a 7000 AK to Osaka and you will see a convert button. For Allies the port is SF. You can then convert the AK to the aux ship of your choice which will show up 180 days (IIRC)

Anothjer very needed thing, not mentioned in manual (i read it carefuly recently). Hope devs make good manual for AE.

(in reply to Charbroiled)
Post #: 85
RE: an idea... - 5/15/2008 4:38:34 PM   
Czert

and another idea - option to REMOVE one (or more) planes frpm units - for simple reason, sometimes replenishing of CV from port resulting in 110% of capacity (which is in limit, AC can perform stikes) - but which is bad is type of overnumber planes - all time off only one type (TB or DB) which is bad if I want fighters or splited overcapacity to all three (two) types equal.

(in reply to Czert)
Post #: 86
RE: an idea... - 5/15/2008 5:04:32 PM   
wworld7

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Charbroiled

Anothjer very needed thing, not mentioned in manual (i read it carefuly recently). Hope devs make good manual for AE.

Czert,

This is in the WITP manual: Below is a sloppy copy and paste of it.

C ships may upgrade by clicking on a button on the Ship Information Screen that brin
a list of possible conversions. The ship must be in Osaka (for the Japanese) or San Francisco (for
the Americans) to have this button available. The upgrade will take 180 days (plus some for damage) added to the delay for the ship being converted. The ship types that can convert are:
�� Large AK to AE, AR, AS, AV or MLE
�� Allied only – Large AK to AD
�� Allied only – PG or LST to AGP
N h t a „large AK“ is an AK with a Capac
The option to upgrade will appear in the Ship Information Display at the bottom left of the
if the ship meets the above requirements.

Flipper

(in reply to Czert)
Post #: 87
RE: an idea... - 5/15/2008 5:17:35 PM   
Charbroiled

quote:

and another idea - option to REMOVE one (or more) planes frpm units - for simple reason, sometimes replenishing of CV from port resulting in 110% of capacity (which is in limit, AC can perform stikes) - but which is bad is type of overnumber planes - all time off only one type (TB or DB) which is bad if I want fighters or splited overcapacity to all three (two) types equal.

I agree with this one!!! I had a Japanese AV with 12 float planes draw 4 more planes and put them in reserve. I know you can prevent this by putting the air unit to "no reinforcements", but I am reluctant to do this because the float plane strength of an AV is not something I check very often.

However, I can see some "gameyness" to this. I can see someone pulling some air units out of one unit...they return to the pool....and immediately "get planes" in another unit clear across the pacific. Maybe a solution (if this is considered) would be to only remove planes over the max capacity of the air unit. Or better yet, prevent air units from being over strength to begin with.

< Message edited by Charbroiled -- 5/15/2008 5:18:38 PM >

(in reply to Czert)
Post #: 88
RE: an idea... - 5/15/2008 10:27:47 PM   
treespider

quote:

quote:

Can you explain what is so outrageous and offbase with what i said instead of above atitude?

Wasn't directed at you...just merely a function of how the forum works that the post said it was in reply to you.

I might add that the post was not directed at anyone in particular.... I still wish the game came with a cerebral interface.

Furthermore I wish to add that I hope no one took offense to any comment in this post...if so I sincerely apologize for any offense taken, whether intended or unintended.

In addition, any attempt on my part to impart levity into any thread will hereby be abated for fear that such levity may be construed as being offensive and or critical of another.

Here's a link to:

(in reply to Dili)
Post #: 89
RE: an idea... - 5/16/2008 12:08:27 AM   
Fishbed

quote:

Wow, I didn known that - activating of naval attack on night ops. Good trick (not mentioned in manual).

Beware, though, that they'll launch only if the target's location is known. Expect it to happen primarly when one of your subs makes contact with an enemy naval force. Most of the time, Night phase naval attacks are triggered by sub sightings

(in reply to Czert)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: few wishes for AE Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI