Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Version 7.1 and MCNA bugs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Version 7.1 and MCNA bugs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Version 7.1 and MCNA bugs - 3/25/2002 11:44:42 PM   
kshinner

I've been told version 7.1 will fix the lost leaders issue with MCNA so I thought I would try it out for myself.

I dowloaded the SPWAW Version 7.1 Beta Release Candidate 1 from Prado's Armor Site and played the first alternate scenario for MCNA, "Catch That Train" since it's shorter. Two problems already:

1. In this scenario, you have to exit units off the map. If you exit some units, then save and reload, the game seems to forget to give you the points for the units you exitted. Not a killer problem but one everyone should be aware of.

2. I lost some tanks in this scenario (C1, F0, F4, H0) but was able to exit all crews off so none of the crew should have "died" and needed replacing. In the next scenario, I had "lost leaders" for F2, F3, F4, G0, and G1. That's 5 units after one scenario.

Conclusion: Version 7.1 does NOT fix MCNA unless there's another 7.1 Beta candidate out there I'm not aware of. While this doesn't make MCNA completely unplayable, it certainly makes it a lot less fun when quite a few of your units are basically half as effective as they should be.

Is anyone working on version 7.1 looking at it's compatability with MCNA? If there is another beta of 7.1 that HAS been looked at to solve this problem, would someone please post it? I'd be happy to try it out and report back.

"We got our own ammuninition - it's filled with paint. When we fire it...it makes pretty pictures - scares the hell outta people." - Oddball
Post #: 1
- 3/26/2002 12:05:42 AM   
Resisti

Hi, kshinner.
Two things:

1)there is a newer beta 7.1 around, which should be the one which is going to be officially released. I don't know if it contains a fix to yr problems and it is not publicly available.Just wait for its release and try it, it shouldn't take long now to have it out..

2)there's a patch for MCNA around, tough I don't know if it covers the problems you rose to our attention; you may want to go and download it at:

http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/spwaw_downloads.htm

Scroll down and look for MecaCampaigns updates

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

(in reply to kshinner)
Post #: 2
- 3/26/2002 12:13:54 AM   
kshinner

Thanks, Resisti. I downloaded a MCNA patch previously, but I think it was before 3/12 so I'll try the latest.

Second, if there's another beta of 7.1 out there, I'd like to get it and try it out with MCNA to make sure it works before that beta of 7.1 gets "published" and doesn't fix the problem. Or, is there someone already doing that?

"We got our own ammuninition - it's filled with paint. When we fire it...it makes pretty pictures - scares the hell outta people." - Oddball

(in reply to kshinner)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Version 7.1 and MCNA bugs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI