Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bring Back The Intro!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Bring Back The Intro! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bring Back The Intro! - 5/15/2008 3:29:21 PM   
ruixilyy

Please bring back the intro movie and the quotations to the player! Someone had promised that the intro movie and the quotations would back in a "hotfix", but since the 3.9.2 patch still fails to do so, I think I have to raise this question once again. When can we once again enjoy the intro movie (trace back to 3.6.3, but never can be seen in ANW) and the quotations of several famous admirals (only can be seen in 3.7)? Actually, it's stupid to cancel these two elements of the original harpoon game, isn't it?
Post #: 1
RE: Bring Back The Intro! - 5/15/2008 3:42:03 PM   
Shemar

Well, as long as the option to skip them entirely works, that would be nice. Otherwise better without them.

(in reply to ruixilyy)
Post #: 2
RE: Bring Back The Intro! - 5/16/2008 8:03:44 AM   
ruixilyy

The skip-intro option in the launcher never really works. Neither does the map preferences option.

< Message edited by ruixilyy -- 5/16/2008 8:04:27 AM >

(in reply to Shemar)
Post #: 3
RE: Bring Back The Intro! - 5/16/2008 3:22:50 PM   
Shemar

That's what I am afraid of, that the intro may come back and not be unskippable. Not a big deal when playing but when beta testing I may re-start the game 10-20 times within one hour so having to deal with the intro every time would be a total nightmare.

As for the map preferences options, they work when you create a new scenario from scratch. Unfortunately those preferences are saved when the scenario is saved (by the designer), so when a player opens it they override the player's map preferences.

(in reply to ruixilyy)
Post #: 4
RE: Bring Back The Intro! - 5/16/2008 4:21:52 PM   
ruixilyy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shemar

That's what I am afraid of, that the intro may come back and not be unskippable. Not a big deal when playing but when beta testing I may re-start the game 10-20 times within one hour so having to deal with the intro every time would be a total nightmare.

As for the map preferences options, they work when you create a new scenario from scratch. Unfortunately those preferences are saved when the scenario is saved (by the designer), so when a player opens it they override the player's map preferences.

Please consider that not ALL PLAYERS are beta-testers. And if the skip intro option does work, it may not be a problem. But now those who want to enjoy the intro movie and quotations can not get these two features which are available in ver 3.6.

(in reply to Shemar)
Post #: 5
RE: Bring Back The Intro! - 5/16/2008 6:53:16 PM   
TonyE

I have an alternative if you just want to see the quotes...

Grab my H3ResText editor at http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=20

Run the installer, then the program.

Click "Open RES" then find you INTRO.RES file (default C:\Matrix Games\Harpoon 3....\Resource\INTRO.RES)

Program will work for a bit.

Go look at the PCX files (graphics files, if all else fails, IrfanView will open them). They will by default be in (C:\Program Files\HarpGamer\H3ResText\dat\)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by TonyE -- 5/16/2008 6:58:49 PM >

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to ruixilyy)
Post #: 6
RE: Bring Back The Intro! - 5/16/2008 10:55:05 PM   
rsharp@advancedgamin

Looked into this today and this is what I came up with.

The next release of Harpoon, 3.9.3, will have the introduction movie and quotes enabled. I've flipped them so the quotes will show while the game engine loads the annexes. This seemed to be the original intention anyway.

Both are disabled by the -t command line switch which the H3 Launcher uses so testers won't have to deal with it. You can also click off the introduction movie anytime while it plays.

The intro movie will not be included with the current install. I'll make it available as a separate download so those who want it, can have it.

Thanks,

Russell
Advanced Gaming Systems
Home of Computer Harpoon

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 7
RE: Bring Back The Intro! - 5/17/2008 5:53:02 AM   
ruixilyy

Thank you. I'm glad to hear that next patch will make the intro enabled.

(in reply to rsharp@advancedgamin)
Post #: 8
RE: Bring Back The Intro! - 5/23/2008 1:27:30 AM   
Blacklight

What would be cool would be a nice intro movie with some stock footage of naval platforms doing their thing along with the random quotes. It's not a nessecity, but it would add a little spit and polish to the game as it loads. I'd rather see the buglist squashed first, but this is just a thought.

(in reply to ruixilyy)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Bring Back The Intro! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI