Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What Happens to systems after you raid them?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> What Happens to systems after you raid them? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What Happens to systems after you raid them? - 3/26/2002 6:36:58 AM   
MacCready

I know they cease to produce ore for the enemy ,but can I now establish a mining route there or is the system finished?
Post #: 1
- 3/26/2002 9:32:03 AM   
madmax88

Raiding a system makes more money for you and less for the race that owns it. If you're at war, you can destroy the freighter, if you do the systems comes under turmoil.

After a while, the system is available again. The first to build a freighter for it gets it.

- -mAdMAx

(in reply to MacCready)
Post #: 2
- 3/27/2002 1:17:19 AM   
zorach

Peacetime raid: your (warships) pick up the money from the planets before the owner's freighter can get there. So you get the money, they don't. Affects trust, ends non-aggression pacts, etc. etc.

Wartime raid: the above, plus the freighter will be attacked when it arrives. Once you destroy the freighter they no longer "own" the system and it falls into turmoil. When it comes out, it's just like any explored but not claimed system.

Keep an eye on the starmap. When the red X disappears from the star, pause the game. Select that system. Pick the closest world from the unit popup, add to queue, freighter for ...

I'd recommend doing this even if the system is very far from your world; it's expensive, yes, but it keeps other races from claiming it. It can then also be a useful diplomacy chip, or you can later establish a world near (or in!) that system.

(in reply to MacCready)
Post #: 3
- 3/27/2002 5:55:20 AM   
madmax88

Carefully though, by doing that you'll have a hard time building relations with races near that far system of yours. Being closer to it than you, they'll probably start raiding it, impairing your relations with them.

Consider using it as trade or as an offensive strategy, but not as neutral expansion. ;)

- -mAdMAx

(in reply to MacCready)
Post #: 4
- 3/29/2002 6:00:18 PM   
Raife

Yep, you can only destroy a freighter route in wartime, and you can only do that if your ships succeed in destroying the actual freighter in combat (can be real tricky in one-planet systems). Of course, if you take the supplied planet out of the equation, that might open up a whole slew of new resource systems. Not that you would ever stoop to that extreme an action, of course. ;)

You really do have to watch the map closely, though, as you aren't always notified when stars come out of turmoil. Turmoil is what happens when you destroy a freighter route/world -- no race can claim the system while in turmoil.

If you absolutely want it, keep your eyeball on the galaxy map with your finger above the pause key. Some races can be downright scavengy when it comes to loose resource systems in the late game. You can bet they'll plop a colony on that puppy as well. It's like the STUN law of the universe.

(in reply to MacCready)
Post #: 5
- 3/30/2002 2:18:31 AM   
MacCready

I have a habit of parking at least a gunboat in any system I wish to keep from the enemy..

(in reply to MacCready)
Post #: 6
- 3/30/2002 2:57:28 AM   
zorach

[QUOTE]Originally posted by madmax88
[B]as trade or as an offensive strategy, but not as neutral expansion. ;) [/B][/QUOTE]
Neutral expansion? Huh? What's that? ;) I'm a nasty aggressive player.

(in reply to MacCready)
Post #: 7
- 3/30/2002 5:32:43 AM   
madmax88

Well, in simple words, it means that if you take control of a star system closer to all of your enemies than you, then you practically declared war on them.
Don't expect to keep good relations. ;)

But of course, in Stun, WHO isn't an agressive player. It's all about finding a chance to use your newly developped Adv.Laser Beam or Absorption shield on an enemy !! :D
Which is why we're all impatiently waiting for a mod that allows configurable tech tree, or a larger tech tree. ---fingers crossed--

- -mAdMAx

(in reply to MacCready)
Post #: 8
- 3/30/2002 5:45:57 AM   
MacCready

More Tech Options isnt a bad thing,It's a good thing.

(in reply to MacCready)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> What Happens to systems after you raid them? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI