Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Take care when playing with unlimited ammo

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Take care when playing with unlimited ammo Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Take care when playing with unlimited ammo - 3/26/2002 2:56:48 PM   
herr1

Some sceanrios advise playing with limited ammo off to reflect the abundance of supplies for artillary. However, there is a big problem here, if there are any air attacks the bombing run is extended 4 or 5 times, so a stuka, for example, instead of dropping 5 bombs (one large 4 small) will drop 25 bombs (5 large, 20 small) in a connected line of hexes! Aircraft are already powerful enough without this feature!

Other problems arise when the soviets are an opponent, e.g. the ammo load in AP for a JSU152 is very low, this becomes unlimited and unbalances the game.

Might I suggest that it would be better to play with limited ammo on and edit the data for the arty to reflect the supply situation. this also gets around the problem where supply may be good for one side and bad for the other. It is a shame that ammo dumps cannot be assigned to offboard arty.

Before you all ask, I observed this problem in SPWAW 7.0.

Dr Rob H
Post #: 1
- 3/27/2002 12:16:05 AM   
troopie

The problem dates from SP3. A solution is to edit ammunition loads for all your units and play with limited not reduced ammo. It's common practice to load infantrymen up with extra ammunition for the MGs, ATRLs and mortars. You can also add more ammo to off board units and so simulate heavier load outs.

I often go through a scenario and add infantry ammo, having been one of Mulder's mules.

troopie

Pamwe Chete

(in reply to herr1)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Take care when playing with unlimited ammo Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI