Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Missing warships on combat screens

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Missing warships on combat screens Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Missing warships on combat screens - 5/20/2008 1:39:34 AM   
lsdjr18

Hi all, well when my game is simulating a turn my aircraft fight each other and show up fine, but when my planes attack warships there is just a small gray carrot with the ships name beneath it, no picture of the ship at all and no explosions. The after-action report says otherwise so at least I am getting some hits!

Any help would be appreciated...

Lawrence
Post #: 1
RE: Missing warships on combat screens - 5/20/2008 1:48:15 AM   
niceguy2005

Never seen or heard of this before.  I would suspect a corrupted ships sides file.

Artwork graciously provided by Dixie

(in reply to lsdjr18)
Post #: 2
RE: Missing warships on combat screens - 5/20/2008 1:56:40 AM   
rockmedic109

I have the same thing.  CHS installed.  Worked fine then suddenly no ship sides.  I reinstalled the CHS artwork and still does not work.  Been playing for a while without the ship sides.  I'll be getting AE when it comes so I haven't done a complete reinstall of WITP yet, figuring I'll just deal with it till AE.  I tried everything but Virus software and a reinstall.  Hope you can pin it down.

(in reply to niceguy2005)
Post #: 3
RE: Missing warships on combat screens - 5/20/2008 2:03:28 AM   
rtrapasso

Sounds like a memory shortage... be sure to reboot before running turn, and don't run any other programs while you are running the turn. Turn off any big programs running in the background (if you can). See if that works.

(in reply to rockmedic109)
Post #: 4
RE: Missing warships on combat screens - 5/20/2008 2:06:40 AM   
rockmedic109

I have 2gb RAM.  I wouldn't think it a memory problem.  And it happens when I restart my computer {laptop}.  Annoying but better than trying to play a The Witcher at 10 fps. 

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 5
RE: Missing warships on combat screens - 5/20/2008 2:27:25 PM   
Grell

The Witcher, I played that until the end of chapter 2 when I got bored with it.

Regards,

Greg

Post #: 6
RE: Missing warships on combat screens - 5/20/2008 7:18:24 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: rockmedic109

I have 2gb RAM. I wouldn't think it a memory problem. And it happens when I restart my computer {laptop}. Annoying but better than trying to play a The Witcher at 10 fps.

It can still happen if you have a memory intensive application running in the background... i used to get a lot of errors when i had a "SETI@HOME" screensaver, that could suck up resources like crazy... use your TASK MANAGER to see if something large is still running after a reboot.

Post #: 7
RE: Missing warships on combat screens - 5/20/2008 8:00:13 PM   
mlees

quote:

ORIGINAL=  Duncanlang

Having a little problem with the new artwork, which is likely caused by my installation error (I am no computer expert). When the Allied art came out a couple of weeks ago, I downloaded it, replaced the old artwork and everything worked fine. This weekend, I downloaded the revised Allied artwork and the new Japanese artwork and installed it. I am currently playing as Japan vs the AI. During the orders phase, everything is OK. The new artwork shows up (and looks great), but when I run the combat, the ships do not show up in the combat animations. The background is there and the script tells what is going on, but no ships or subs. If it is an air attack on ships, the planes are there, but not the ships. Any suggestions on what I did wrong or on a fix? Thanks.

quote:

ORIGINAL=  Lesbaker

Hi Guys I'm new to WitP, and came across this standardized art set which I must say is stunning , After I zipped the the new files into the relevent folders and restarted the game I also had the same problem as duncan, on checking the content of the original JapShip_Back and JapShipShill_Transp files to the new ones I noticed that the files JnSide0000.bmp and JnShill0000.bmp were missing, on copying the files from the original folders to the new Standardized art work folders, the problem was cured.

Standardised art thread, page 9.

User was troubleshooting a problem where ship sides did not appear during combat replay animations. I had the same issue, the posted fix worked for me.

Is this the OP's issue as well?

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 8
RE: Missing warships on combat screens - 5/20/2008 8:04:02 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: mlees

quote:

ORIGINAL= Duncanlang

Having a little problem with the new artwork, which is likely caused by my installation error (I am no computer expert). When the Allied art came out a couple of weeks ago, I downloaded it, replaced the old artwork and everything worked fine. This weekend, I downloaded the revised Allied artwork and the new Japanese artwork and installed it. I am currently playing as Japan vs the AI. During the orders phase, everything is OK. The new artwork shows up (and looks great), but when I run the combat, the ships do not show up in the combat animations. The background is there and the script tells what is going on, but no ships or subs. If it is an air attack on ships, the planes are there, but not the ships. Any suggestions on what I did wrong or on a fix? Thanks.

quote:

ORIGINAL= Lesbaker

Hi Guys I'm new to WitP, and came across this standardized art set which I must say is stunning , After I zipped the the new files into the relevent folders and restarted the game I also had the same problem as duncan, on checking the content of the original JapShip_Back and JapShipShill_Transp files to the new ones I noticed that the files JnSide0000.bmp and JnShill0000.bmp were missing, on copying the files from the original folders to the new Standardized art work folders, the problem was cured.

Standardised art thread, page 9.

User was troubleshooting a problem where ship sides did not appear during combat replay animations. I had the same issue, the posted fix worked for me.

Is this the OP's issue as well?

Interesting - usually missing art causes a crash... hadn't realized the game could (sometimes) not crash from this...

(in reply to mlees)
Post #: 9
RE: Missing warships on combat screens - 5/21/2008 11:57:49 PM   
lsdjr18

i take it their is no fix then...?
Either way thanks for your insight...cant wait till AE comes out!

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 10
RE: Missing warships on combat screens - 5/22/2008 2:32:21 AM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: lsdjr18

i take it their is no fix then...?
Either way thanks for your insight...cant wait till AE comes out!

The (possible) fix is posted above - i had put it in bold...

(in reply to lsdjr18)
Post #: 11
RE: Missing warships on combat screens - 5/29/2008 10:57:48 PM   
lsdjr18

yes this seems to be the problem thanks for your imput it is much appreciated... im gonna try to figure out how to swap those files cause im not a huge computer program guy just a compitent gamer i really dont know how to tranfer those files efficently i would have no idea what i was doing but ill try... thanks for all your posts.

Lawrence

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 12
RE: Missing warships on combat screens - 5/31/2008 2:11:49 AM   
Shark7

Actually this happened to me. So I reinstalled the game and all my mods and it worked fine after. No telling what caused it though.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to lsdjr18)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Missing warships on combat screens Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI