Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/1/2008 9:32:59 PM   
bresh

In 1.02j test vs Ai as France, there still seems to be factors dissapearing.
Couple of disapearing factors i stumpled onto.

Situation January Spain Dows Portugal, France gets control.
Next month Febuary Ai-spain dows france.(smart??)

France manages to kick out the spanish corps in Portugal with the spanish corps. (spain has still some garrison in a city).
Since war between the 2 mps the war should not cease, and it doesnt, but game removes Spanish garrison as if.

Similar thing happend in Genoa, where Austria had control, France took it, depolyed Garrison, moved on.  Next month French garrison gone.(not in reinf pool, nor moved). Genoa ceases war with France.

Regards
Bresh

(in reply to NeverMan)
Post #: 241
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/2/2008 2:41:35 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Bresh:

Do you know when they are disappearing?

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 242
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/2/2008 2:47:42 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Jan Sorensen:

Yea, you're probably right! The AI is probably DOWing a little too easily and it needs to be drawn down a little.

I'm currently using the natural alliance table along with other vairables such as army strength, is an ally at war with this MP, is this MP leading the game, is this MP losing many battles thus maybe weak and easy?

The core chance probably needs to come down a bit.

< Message edited by Marshall Ellis -- 5/2/2008 2:48:26 PM >

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to JanSorensen)
Post #: 243
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/2/2008 3:21:21 PM   
bresh

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

Bresh:

Do you know when they are disappearing?

Well my guess would be at month shift.
Since i played Fr vs AI and moved land last each turn. They where still there during land move.
But gone at FR Diplomacy folling month.

Regards
Bresh

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 244
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/3/2008 2:54:30 AM   
Jimmer

1.02J

I ran into what appears to be an infinite loop. This is a very "end-case" situation, but I thankfully have a saved game.

You will note that I (France) have 5 captured transports in Portugal. The attached game file is the normal autosave reinforcement files.

All I'm doing in reinforcement is removing leaders, disbanding the corps in St. Malo into the city, picking up factors in those two west-coast cities that have corps, plus Toulon, and adding the factor to Lausitz. But, since I don't have a free transport fleet counter, I can't pick up the 5 transports in Oporto. The game stops and asks if I want to go back, but I don't, so I click "No". And, that's it -- no more game. EIANW.exe is churning away, but getting nothing done, apparently ("And at warp 10, we're going nowhere mighty fast!" -- Mr. Scott, Star Trek).

I reproduced it twice from this saved game file, so I hope you can as well.

Attachment (1)

At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 245
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/4/2008 6:05:28 PM   
bresh

Marshall i dont know if you recall i had some problems with my fleets showing loading icons(as if corps on them) after we ran a backup in a game, to let in new player.
I try explain how this continues from my point of view.
On a game where we still use 1.02g.

Anyway went from bad to worse, i was expecting the icons to clear, atleast when we hit end of the month. But surprise, no i could not get as far;(
When I was doing my land move, i tried to invade Denmark with the corps i actually had loaded this turn, but no, it said unloaded but Corps disapeared.
Ok.. ponder, then i thought maybe i can see them when i get prompted for out of supply,to forage, so tried hit end turn.  
Heh, now Game asked me if i wanted to unload fleets who had unloaded last month.
So i tried that, the corps went missing when i tried unload them from their current landing spots.
I tried end turn again, letting them starve. and all those corps went down to 0 factors in them, but remained on map.

As a sidenote i tried to load my old-savegame onto my laptop with 1.02j but i had the same problems with disapearing corps.

Anyway, next i contacted my host, had him create me a new backup file. This time the fleets still counted as "old" loaded, among the normal, but now i could unload them without them disapearing. And when i did undo the (imaginary unloads, since not all fleets where kinda still the same spots). The corps returned to where they where supposed to be. Like Sardinia or forcepool.

I can send you the backupfile if you want(just give me an email address).
Not sure what went wrong. Atleast i kept my royal british army.(else i had lost all but 4 factors).

Kind Regards
Bresh

(in reply to Jimmer)
Post #: 246
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/4/2008 10:34:02 PM   
pzgndr

In August 1806 Russia DOWed Turkey. In September, Russia lost 3 minor states, supposedly due to instability but Russia is clearly in the normal zone. Prussia, however, had been at war with France for several months and has dipped into the instability zone. Typo somewhere mixing up Prussia and Russia in the database?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 247
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/5/2008 4:35:50 AM   
Marshall Ellis

Bresh:

send it to marshalle@matrixgames.com

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 248
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/5/2008 4:37:13 AM   
Marshall Ellis

quote:

ORIGINAL: bresh

Marshall i dont know if you recall i had some problems with my fleets showing loading icons(as if corps on them) after we ran a backup in a game, to let in new player.
I try explain how this continues from my point of view.
On a game where we still use 1.02g.

Anyway went from bad to worse, i was expecting the icons to clear, atleast when we hit end of the month. But surprise, no i could not get as far;(
When I was doing my land move, i tried to invade Denmark with the corps i actually had loaded this turn, but no, it said unloaded but Corps disapeared.
Ok.. ponder, then i thought maybe i can see them when i get prompted for out of supply,to forage, so tried hit end turn.  
Heh, now Game asked me if i wanted to unload fleets who had unloaded last month.
So i tried that, the corps went missing when i tried unload them from their current landing spots.
I tried end turn again, letting them starve. and all those corps went down to 0 factors in them, but remained on map.

As a sidenote i tried to load my old-savegame onto my laptop with 1.02j but i had the same problems with disapearing corps.

Anyway, next i contacted my host, had him create me a new backup file. This time the fleets still counted as "old" loaded, among the normal, but now i could unload them without them disapearing. And when i did undo the (imaginary unloads, since not all fleets where kinda still the same spots). The corps returned to where they where supposed to be. Like Sardinia or forcepool.

I can send you the backupfile if you want(just give me an email address).
Not sure what went wrong. Atleast i kept my royal british army.(else i had lost all but 4 factors).

Kind Regards
Bresh

Jimmer:

Will load and look at this!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 249
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/5/2008 1:24:31 PM   
bresh

quote:

Bresh:

send it to marshalle@matrixgames.com

Emailed :)

Regards
Bresh

Post #: 250
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/6/2008 5:20:51 PM   
bresh

Im not sure when this has returned, or St.Petersburg was missed.

But if Russia dow's Sweden, the Swedish fleet can setup in St. Petersburg blockade box.

quote:

R3 REINFORCEMENT PHASE
Problem: Program is allowing players to setup minor country fleets in the blockade box of their enemies during the minor country control setup
File: Minor setup in blockade box.sav

Marshall do you need some files regarding disapearing garrisons ?
I do not have but i might be able to recreate.

Im wondering if this can be related to why someone reported they saw a fleet move past its blockaders playing 1.02j at St.Petersburg.(Dont remember where they posted it or who it was).

Regards
Bresh

< Message edited by bresh -- 5/6/2008 5:22:31 PM >

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 251
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/8/2008 2:17:46 AM   
Marshall Ellis

Bresh:

You bet I could use some. Send what you can if you can recreate!
Tell me what to do to recreate and I'll take a look.
Appreciate the offer.

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 252
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/8/2008 3:07:14 AM   
BoerWar

quote:

ORIGINAL: bresh

Im not sure when this has returned, or St.Petersburg was missed.

But if Russia dow's Sweden, the Swedish fleet can setup in St. Petersburg blockade box.

quote:

R3 REINFORCEMENT PHASE
Problem: Program is allowing players to setup minor country fleets in the blockade box of their enemies during the minor country control setup
File: Minor setup in blockade box.sav

Marshall do you need some files regarding disapearing garrisons ?
I do not have but i might be able to recreate.

Im wondering if this can be related to why someone reported they saw a fleet move past its blockaders playing 1.02j at St.Petersburg.(Dont remember where they posted it or who it was).

Regards
Bresh

There is a chance that the player forgot to set intercept when placing the fleet on the board.

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 253
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/8/2008 5:29:54 PM   
bresh

quote:

Bresh:

You bet I could use some. Send what you can if you can recreate!
Tell me what to do to recreate and I'll take a look.
Appreciate the offer.

Well i can try, but dont think i have much time before monday.
//Edit still no time, i see to it when i get a break. Weather been to good to sit indoors :)

Cant be sure about disapearing garrison factors, it looked like some where retreated while others just gone.
So i have to try recreate the situation.

Portugal is dow'ed by Spain, France got control with support. Not sure which month.
(France supports Portugal so DOW's Spain, i think). Atleast this is how i remembered, could be i DOW'ed the following month.

When testing.
France moves last, Spain first.
I setup Portuges corps with Think Ney at Lisabon, but i also garrison Almeida(since Spain is comming that way).
First month Spain enters sieges Almeida and conquers it(now Spanish garrison in), Ney moves to attack and kicks Spain out of Portugal. (so Spain is not inside Portugal at the end of month.. cease of war with minor ???).
Month after the Spanish garrison in Almeida is gone. (atleast i could not find it), this is a bug since Spain is still at war with France so should not be moved or disapear.

Kind Regards
Bresh

Spain ai enters

Regards
Bresh

< Message edited by bresh -- 5/14/2008 10:04:23 PM >

Post #: 254
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/15/2008 2:08:43 AM   
dodod

NEW BUG...

multiple people are having problems with the naval phase...

it goes to combat, and forces seiges to be broken, or attacked...

AND

during my naval phase as GB...I have a seige of la rochelle, and have blockaded the fleet there...I don't move my fleet, and the garrison is still there....but after the naval phase, it FORCES my fleet to attack the port. I did NOT, repeat did NOT click on attack stack...it just keeps going to it....and I have to fight the port battles.

I attached the file, but I believe it may be related to others' problems with the seige.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 255
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/15/2008 6:23:45 AM   
bresh

quote:

ORIGINAL: dodod

NEW BUG...

AND

during my naval phase as GB...I have a seige of la rochelle, and have blockaded the fleet there...I don't move my fleet, and the garrison is still there....but after the naval phase, it FORCES my fleet to attack the port. I did NOT, repeat did NOT click on attack stack...it just keeps going to it....and I have to fight the port battles.

I attached the file, but I believe it may be related to others' problems with the seige.

Did you see if the garrison was gone ?
I think it has been reported a couple times, that besieger and sieger swapped places, or besieged dissapeared.

Regards
Bresh

(in reply to dodod)
Post #: 256
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/15/2008 10:40:55 AM   
DCWhitworth

quote:

NEW BUG...

I think this may already have been reported here - http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1799812 and here - http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1802152

The workaround is that you are not obliged to perform the siege combat, skip it and the game will continue normally.

Regards
David

(in reply to dodod)
Post #: 257
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/15/2008 4:32:16 PM   
dodod

it would not let me skip the combat!

(in reply to DCWhitworth)
Post #: 258
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/15/2008 4:36:38 PM   
bresh

quote:

it would not let me skip the combat!

Ahh its port attack with fleet you meant ?
Well a save from prior to the naval move might help.

I dont think we seen this quite as this before.
The times i seen "siege" bug during naval phase happen, i dont remember those "ports" beeing blockaded.
So maybe its a similiar bug, or the same.

Regards
Bresh

(in reply to dodod)
Post #: 259
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/15/2008 11:10:03 PM   
Marshall Ellis

If this is the same problem (Which it sounds like it is) then we should have this fixed up in 1.02k

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 260
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/16/2008 4:28:07 AM   
obsidiandrag

I have another bug / question. As I have not seen it asked before and would like to use it for what it is or have it corrected to what it says...

While in the game if you click on the view units button and then on the button labled upcomming units - rather than seeing the upcomming units (which would be nice if it showed all units for your major power (and minors) as well as ships in the order of which month they will be available - you actually see your leaders that will come in eventually and they have a city associated (no idea why) and normal supply rather than when they will be available (which doesn't matter as it is on the counter screen anyway).

Let me know what you think. Also as an enhancement, In all of the actual games I have played (board game) we have kept track of all builds for total man/naval strengths. Is there any way to see by major power the combined total army size?

thanks

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 261
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/16/2008 4:54:32 PM   
Spartan07

I am having a problem whereby the screen occasionally corrupts in what I think is the bottom RH corner. Starts East of Austria and all of Turkey is missing. I thought it may have cleared up with later versions but no chnage. Seems to happen after a few Pbem turns have been loaded and needs a reboot to clear.
I have Nvidia Geforce 8600GT with Driver 6.14.11.6921.

Mike - Nego

(in reply to obsidiandrag)
Post #: 262
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/16/2008 6:15:28 PM   
dodod

marshall...

I'm not sure this is the same bug, because it is forcing my NAVAL FLEET to attack a port when I haven't even broken in....the others are just sieges...

Post #: 263
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/18/2008 7:48:10 PM   
bresh

New bug, it looks like in 1.02j.

PBM game, game does not check if a nation has accept alliances, but just accepts all proposals.

Regards
Bresh

(in reply to dodod)
Post #: 264
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/19/2008 2:57:55 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Bresh:

Will try to dup this...

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 265
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/20/2008 3:21:18 AM   
pzgndr

This was with 1.02j a couple weeks ago. I thought I posted but I can't find it. In this game as Russia I had taken Finland and Chechnya. I had declared war on Turkey in Aug 1806 and then noticed in Sept that I had lost my minors.

The event log indicates Russia instability, but Russia is clearly in the normal zone. Prussia, however, which had been at war with France, has dipped into the instability zone. Looks like a Prussia/Russia typo someplace in the database.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 266
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/20/2008 3:40:45 AM   
NeverMan

You did post this before.

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 267
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/20/2008 4:04:41 AM   
pzgndr

Doh!    I thought I had.  I tried the search under EiA and couldn't find it.  Sorry about that.

Anyway, it would be nice to see a bug list to verify what is and is not on it and the current status... 

(in reply to NeverMan)
Post #: 268
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/20/2008 2:09:46 PM   
Marshall Ellis

I'll try and build a bug status and post this. I'm trying to get some testers setup, improve the AI and get 1.02 out! It's just a time issue right now.

pzgndr:

You don't happen to have that game do you?

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 269
RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) - 5/20/2008 2:55:10 PM   
pzgndr

I deleted the saves when I updated to 1.02k. I'll check if they're still in my trash folder but I doubt it. It shouldn't be too difficult to track down where a Russia/Prussia typo would cause Russia to lose minors when Prussia enters instability?

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> RE: Reporting bugs (post v.1.02) Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI