Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Greetings and dudes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Greetings and dudes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Greetings and dudes - 9/30/2000 2:58:00 AM   
gorgias96

Hi to everybody I just download the game and think that it is a excellent work I´d been playing the game and i´d seen some rare things. In the enciclopedy the german army have 2 Pz IIIj and 2 Pz IIIj (s) exactely with same statictics and worth. Only are different in the image (one of them camouflage and the another grey) and the date of availability. Why???? Is there some historical reason??? The Enciclopedy´s window where the unit´s data are displayed (grafic´s number,sym,txt and sound) has a little bug. Some images and sym´s number remain in window though the unit change. I´m been reading the last messages and they mention the new v 4.1 Patch.Where is it?? I didn´t see in the download page. Only the v 4.1 manual Well??????

Post #: 1
- 9/30/2000 3:02:00 AM   
Fuerte

Sorry I meant that it should have been out yesterday, in fact in Wednesday, but we are still desperately waiting for it...

(in reply to gorgias96)
Post #: 2
- 9/30/2000 3:11:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

...and we are still slaving away... We have not forgotten -its coming. Last I talked to David he had it down under 25 MB. Replacement sound files we hope will help reduce crashing problems are the reason it is that big. We will get it to you just as soon as we can, but if we find a problem we can fix, we have been fixing it. The list of bug fixes speaks for itself. Since this will be the last executable patch for a while, we want to make sure we have as many bugs squashed as possible. But that may mean it falls to tomorrow. The delay is not for sitting on our hands... [This message has been edited by Paul Vebber (edited September 29, 2000).]

(in reply to gorgias96)
Post #: 3
- 9/30/2000 3:24:00 AM   
Fuerte

Thanks Paul, I have just been watching some old James Bond for a while, and checking this forum about once in a minute of course. I'm so desperate... so be it tomorrow, then. I mean today, it is already Saturday in Finland (0:24).

(in reply to gorgias96)
Post #: 4
- 9/30/2000 3:46:00 AM   
mucius

fuerte, why dont you come to the MGN then to kill the time? mucius

derint dum metuant

(in reply to gorgias96)
Post #: 5
- 9/30/2000 3:56:00 AM   
Peregrine Falcon

Under 25MB - huh. Where did that "under 5 MB" go? I hope it's not 35 MB tomorrow... What kind of crashes are these replacement sound files fixing? - never had any myself... (Or any problems with sound anyway) One thing concerning sound - Why are there so _many_ duplicate files in SND-folder -- Are they so useful? Hate to say but they increase folder's size enormously... And sfx-files are already sooooo huge... (maybe little compression would help?) 4.1? Tomorrow? Nice.. Hopefully I can _finally_ play some PBEM in Pacific

--Peregrine Falcon--

(in reply to gorgias96)
Post #: 6
- 9/30/2000 5:33:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

The idea is that there are 3 sounds from which one is randomly chosen so there is more variety in the sound effects. Remember the original design was done assuming we would be able to distro on CD and space would not be that big an issue. Sound effects problems with some files have forced us to replace some of them. Hopefully it will improve stability for some of you suffereing frequent crashes (most of shich seem to be sound related. We have not yet fully taken advantage of this - so in many cases the 3 sounds right now are the same. We welcome you sound engineers out there to do some remixes to help expand the variety of sound effects. We will get around to it eventually, but we ran out of time right now. [This message has been edited by Paul Vebber (edited September 29, 2000).]

(in reply to gorgias96)
Post #: 7
- 9/30/2000 6:06:00 AM   
Warhorse

[QUOTE] In the enciclopedy the german army have 2 Pz IIIj and 2 Pz IIIj (s) exactely with same statictics and worth. Only are different in the image (one of them camouflage and the another grey) and the date of availability. Why???? Is there some historical reason??? Hello, the two vehicles one grey, one camo, are to do away with the old camo in 1940 syndrom!! You will notice the greys go to the of 1942, then camo 1943 on, actually, the order for the new camo was made in Feb. 1943, but we have to settle for January, so that grey wouldn't still run into 1943. Hope this helps ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to gorgias96)
Post #: 8
- 9/30/2000 9:31:00 AM   
Arralen

Sound problem: The three sounds #603,#604,#605 are in Microsoft ADPM (or something like this...) 11Khz 4 bit stereo format .. it's a compressed format, by the way. Some soundblaster cards ("Live", "16 PnP") seems to have problems playing these sounds and the other sounds (PCM,11..22KHz,8 bit , mono/stereo) at once - these sounds are used for the Weapon #85 (#90 for Japs) "Molotov", causing the game to crash each time this weapon is used. Changing the format solves this problem. This can be done with build-in tools from Win95 ..maybe some else can help with the english names .. I don't know as I only have the german versions Arralen

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to gorgias96)
Post #: 9
- 9/30/2000 2:14:00 PM   
Fuerte

I'm sure that Paul meant that just these sound files are in the 4.1 patch. Mucius, sorry I already went to bed! Have to try that MGN first with my PBEM mate some day.

(in reply to gorgias96)
Post #: 10
- 9/30/2000 7:02:00 PM   
Peregrine Falcon

You need some new/better sounds??...Sure I make them all the time... Already looking better .50-cal sounds and have already replaced most of Japanese MG-sounds....and artillery explosions... Model 92 HMG really needs it's own sound...Maybe some kind of "woodpecker"?? I think there was one Model 92 HMG in 'Thin Red Line'(or what looked exactly like that) - just getting DVD-version, so I could get those sounds from there..... I Have 'Saving Private Ryan" (DVD) already..Quite familiar US-smallarms fire there - eh?
quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: We welcome you sound engineers out there to do some remixes to help expand the variety of sound effects. We will get around to it eventually, but we ran out of time right now. [This message has been edited by Paul Vebber (edited September 29, 2000).]

--Peregrine Falcon--

(in reply to gorgias96)
Post #: 11
- 9/30/2000 10:46:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

Ther has been a great improvement in Combat mission graphics through third party textures. If you want to offer new sound effects - the sound map is in the documentation. Fabio or Tankhead might be interested in hosting them for download on their excellent sites!

(in reply to gorgias96)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Greetings and dudes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI