Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favorite Strategy Game (He sayed in interwiev anyway)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favorite Strategy Game (He sayed in interwiev anyway) Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favorite... - 5/25/2008 10:22:26 PM   
Japan

The Swedish Priminister was on Interwiev on TV today, and he talked about his Hobbies.

The Largest of His Hoppy was to play War in The Pacific, Aproksemetly 2 Hours Every Day.

He did not dare to say his Gaming Name, as it could cause Complications for him, however he sayed he used as Gaming name, the same name as KGB internaly had assigned to be his Codename back in Coald War Times...

So, if any of you would faind the Codename the KGB in the old days had for the man who today is the Swedish Prieminister, well then you will know his Gaming Name.

Apparantly he has played the game for 3 Years, and he playes also a game he sayed was called Read Alet, and one called The Korsum Pocket also, but not so often as this "War in the Pacific".

Well Sir, If you Read this I just wanna say that i dont hope you are easely effected by Computer games (no that was a joke) .. Anyway.. what i wanted to say was Good Work on your Policy (i voted for you), and give me a word if you want to take a Game one day.

< Message edited by Japan -- 5/25/2008 10:23:25 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/25/2008 10:33:14 PM   
Canoerebel

Maybe it's Marky.

(in reply to Japan)
Post #: 2
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/25/2008 10:34:50 PM   
Japan

Hmm... Marky didnt sound so much like a Russien Code Name?

Maby Rtrapasso ? hehe

< Message edited by Japan -- 5/25/2008 10:35:59 PM >

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 3
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/25/2008 10:39:19 PM   
castor troy

PzJg Hortlund is playing against me and he´s the only one I know from that country up there.

(in reply to Japan)
Post #: 4
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/25/2008 10:45:42 PM   
Dixie

Terminus?      Could be that 'Denmark' is a cunning ruse to throw us off the scent. 

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 5
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/25/2008 10:53:46 PM   
goodboyladdie

We need a Cold War expert quick. The Swedish PMs KGB code name is the sort of thing Cid would know or could find out...

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 6
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/25/2008 11:01:31 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Japan

The Swedish Priminister was on Interwiev on TV today, and he talked about his Hobbies.

The Largest of His Hoppy was to play War in The Pacific, Aproksemetly 2 Hours Every Day.

He did not dare to say his Gaming Name, as it could cause Complications for him, however he sayed he used as Gaming name, the same name as KGB internaly had assigned to be his Codename back in Coald War Times...

So, if any of you would faind the Codename the KGB in the old days had for the man who today is the Swedish Prieminister, well then you will know his Gaming Name.

Apparantly he has played the game for 3 Years, and he playes also a game he sayed was called Read Alet, and one called The Korsum Pocket also, but not so often as this "War in the Pacific".

Well Sir, If you Read this I just wanna say that i dont hope you are easely effected by Computer games (no that was a joke) .. Anyway.. what i wanted to say was Good Work on your Policy (i voted for you), and give me a word if you want to take a Game one day.

Is this for real?

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Japan)
Post #: 7
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/25/2008 11:14:01 PM   
LaM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fredrik_Reinfeldt

I was looking for his codename but no clue .... right now ;/

< Message edited by LaM -- 5/25/2008 11:15:01 PM >

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 8
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/25/2008 11:21:30 PM   
Rainer

Probably not.
Any Primeminister saying to play computer games 2 hours every day would destroy his reputation instantly.

quote:

play War in The Pacific, Aproksemetly 2 Hours Every Day

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 9
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/25/2008 11:24:47 PM   
goodboyladdie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rainer

Probably not.
Any Primeminister saying to play computer games 2 hours every day would destroy his reputation instantly.

quote:

Why? I would imagine it would be a welcome distraction from all his other worries. If he is a gamer, why should he give up his hobbies because of his job?

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Rainer)
Post #: 10
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/25/2008 11:27:34 PM   
LaM

Well tbh this is his life his hobby :O Why he has to sacrifice everythng to do his job ? 

(in reply to goodboyladdie)
Post #: 11
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/25/2008 11:33:08 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rainer

Probably not.

quote:

That's what caought my attention as well... but Sweden is one special country... so... who knows...

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Rainer)
Post #: 12
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/25/2008 11:56:54 PM   
Fishbed

If that's for real, got any link to a vid, or the channel podcast? 

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 13
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/25/2008 11:59:37 PM   
Fishbed

Btw I hope he's not that Northern bloke we scared away from the forum a year or so ago - that one who wanted us to believe in his Chinese lancasters so much that he went as far as edit the corresponding Wikipedia entry and quote himself... Because if so I may be on his hitlist by now!  

(in reply to Fishbed)
Post #: 14
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 12:42:46 AM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: goodboyladdie

We need a Cold War expert quick. The Swedish PMs KGB code name is the sort of thing Cid would know or could find out...

Maybe it is Sid. That whole Alaska thing could be his cover!

(in reply to goodboyladdie)
Post #: 15
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 1:06:03 AM   
Feinder

Oh man.  I can see it now.  Somebody around here has a PBEM game and blows the snot out of his CVs, and suddenly Sweeden is declaring war on ...

Of course, he probably keeps tabs on the forums (next article in the Stockholm Times reads - "Inside investigation: Our prime minister spends hours each day posting on an internet bulleton board!").  In which case he knows that you know and ...  Other than the general amusment value, it's starting to make my head hurt...

Either way, welcome aboard to the mysterious Mr. ColdWarCodeName.

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 16
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 1:17:35 AM   
dennishe

OK. I confess. It is me...

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 17
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 1:27:23 AM   
JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs
quote:

ORIGINAL: goodboyladdie

Maybe it is Sid. That whole Alaska thing could be his cover!

Wow. Interesting.

I’m sure that an E-5 who runs agents into China and is a personal friend of the Dir of Naval Intelligence is going to know everything, but I’m nevertheless fascinated.

Didn’t know Fredrik Reinfeldt was a player in the cold war years. I would have thought Olof Palme, or Carl Bildt, or Ingvar Carlsson; maybe even Goran Persson. Fred seems too young to have a file in the 2d Directorate. Woof! Maybe they really are 10’ tall!

Ya know, Fredrik’s not a bad sailor either. That gets him a good 6 out of 10 in my book, right there.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 18
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 1:29:03 AM   
DaveB

Okay,
here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY_Yf4zz-yo

I think this might be the guy?
Dave

(in reply to dennishe)
Post #: 19
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 1:33:53 AM   
Terminus

He's most likely a space alien, working for the Babylonian Brotherhood...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to DaveB)
Post #: 20
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 1:36:41 AM   
JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: DaveB
Okay,
here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY_Yf4zz-yo

I think this might be the guy?
Dave

OMG Dave!!! game, set, and match!!

< Message edited by JWE -- 5/26/2008 1:43:14 AM >

(in reply to DaveB)
Post #: 21
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 1:40:35 AM   
Terminus

Ahhh, many happy afternoons as a child spent watching the Muppet Show... Good times...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAsYwW7pt7o&feature=related

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 22
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 1:45:57 AM   
DaveB

Actaully my oldest son moved to Sweden recently,
and in an email to him I added a few lines to help him settle into his new home ' 'Hurdy gurdy snurrfen poppen dunken' etc. In reply he said the people he was staying with had seen the email and had thought I must be a simple minded bigot -to which he had explained I wasn't a bigot <g>

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 23
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 1:52:58 AM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

He's most likely a space alien, working for the Babylonian Brotherhood...

That would be Mynok then.

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 24
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 3:06:27 AM   
chuckwalla

deleted

< Message edited by chuckwalla -- 5/26/2008 9:05:33 PM >

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 25
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 3:21:21 AM   
Canoerebel

I haven't seen any bashing of Sweden in here - just good natured joking in general.  I've never met anybody that had a negative opinion of Sweden.  If you took a poll of Americans, Sweden would undoubtedly get very, very high ratings.

It's true, however, that Budweiser once had the great "man commercial" of all time - featuring the Swedish Bikini Team. 

(in reply to chuckwalla)
Post #: 26
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 3:33:23 AM   
chuckwalla

deleted

< Message edited by chuckwalla -- 5/26/2008 9:05:56 PM >

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 27
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 3:50:17 AM   
Fishbed

quote:

ORIGINAL: checkwalla
Since this thread has degenerated into some gratuitous bashing of Swedes I want to bring a little perspective. I am a research scientist that has collaborated with Swedish researchers for years and they are both extremely talented and very generous with their data. Their governmental level of organization, infrastructure and efficiency really puts ours (US) to shame by any international standard you look at and the data they provide us could never be collected by our government. If you do what you do well and efficiently, then you don't have to do it 24/7 or live the sort of unbalanced lives we tend to live here in the U.S.

quote:

ORIGINAL: chuckwalla

Yes, bashing was probably too strong a term. I love the US, but I think we could learn a lot about efficient government and infrastucture from places like Sweden. I also wanted to suck up to my Swedish colleagues so they continue to send us wonderful data.

Sure thing, but I even fail to find anything like criticism in this topic, don't know who you're answering to in here
Especially making that a US-Sweden controversy while among the contributors you may find most notoriously 2 Brits, 1 Scot, 1 Dane, 1 Croat, 1 German, 1 Austrian and 1 French, not to mention those who were too shy to say where they're from, in addition to the original Swedish poster of course

(in reply to chuckwalla)
Post #: 28
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 4:02:00 AM   
dennishe

Let me be the first to make fun of the Swedish. As fan of the muppet show I absolutely love the Swedish Chef. Here are a few links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCbuRA_D3KU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAsYwW7pt7o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9oyr_MKABY

quote:

Sure thing, but I even fail to find anything like criticism in this topic, don't know who you're answering to in here
Especially making that a US-Sweden controversy while among the contributors you may find most notoriously 2 Brits, 1 Scot, 1 Dane, 1 Croat, 1 German, 1 Austrian and 1 French, not to mention those who were too shy to say where they're from, in addition to the original Swedish poster of course

And since I'm not shy: I'm from Holland and currently live in Boston

(in reply to Fishbed)
Post #: 29
RE: War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favo... - 5/26/2008 4:17:24 AM   
chuckwalla

deleted

< Message edited by chuckwalla -- 5/26/2008 9:06:25 PM >

(in reply to Fishbed)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> War in the Pacific is the Swedish Primenisters Favorite Strategy Game (He sayed in interwiev anyway) Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI