Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SolCom

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Starshatter: The Gathering Storm >> After Action Reports >> SolCom Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SolCom - 5/28/2008 10:12:38 PM   
wdboyd

Hailing Frequencies On:

After Action Report: AAR

SolCom Mod: Version 0.9.8, Custom Mission: Reprisal - Gambit DD

Overall I enjoyed things very much and will continue to play out the missions seeking the ultimate victory over the Brotherhood. In those missions that I reign victorious I will seek to win in a better way, either with less losses or greater kills of my own. I specifically enjoyed the following destroyer Gambit mission.

Minus a few small issues I love this SolCom 0.9.8 mod. its cool designed craft and their serious fire power can lead to massive battles of epic proportion. I captured a few shots from the mission “Reprisal – Gambit DD”… and posted them on our Photo Gallery page.

In this particualr mission, a small SOLCOM task force is assaulted by a large Brotherhood of Iron fleet.

Although greatly outnumbered by the enemy, SolCom weapons shredded even the famed Imperial cruisers. Don't be misled. The mission isn't a push over, but after several times through, I flanked the entire enemy group with DD Bolder.

We swept through them like wildfire. Two of my frigates approached the enemy head on and were used, basically, as a distraction. I subsequently ordered them to jump out once we were in range of the first enemy capital ships. As a result, they sustained minimal damage.

Several SolCom fighters were lost, but the loss numbers were overwhelmingly in favor of the SOLCOM forces. End result... No SOLCOM capital ships were lost, while no enemy capital ship survived.

Additionally, the SolCom mods original Voice overs are pretty cool. The included new music fits the original SS theme, and the missions make you think about your strategy.

This mod comes complete with everything, new ships, new missions, new sounds and music.

SolCom 0.9.8 can be downloaded from www.starshattermods.com.

Give it a test spin commanders. Oh, if you hate SolCom, missions are available to engage them for a real challenge.

Admiral Zanthras.

< Message edited by wdboyd -- 5/28/2008 10:28:33 PM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Starshatter: The Gathering Storm >> After Action Reports >> SolCom Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI