Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mini Campaign

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mini Campaign Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mini Campaign - 3/28/2002 2:42:18 AM   
kurtbj

Hello everybody, its been a while since I've posted. I've just finished updating the Balkan Crisis campaign to make sure all is working ok with 7.1. Apart from that I also made a few minor alterations to the battles (don't expect many differences although I think it should be slightly harder now). I'll hopefully have it posted up on Fabio's website asap.

I'm thinking about doing another mini campaign (about 7 battles, with less than 1000 points for core forces) for those who prefer the quick small campaigns that you can complete in a day or two. It would either be a fictional campaign or semi-historic similar to the Balkan one.

I'm thinking about something maybe in SE Asia, taking control of a small Japanese unit, other possibilities are:

Commanding Vichy French units in Madagascar defending against a British attack (I think it was called Operation Ironclad?) Would need to research this a bit more but detail on this operation is HARD for me to find.

Controlling Norwegian units against the German Invasion.

Any other suggestions? I'd like to stress again that these will be smaller maps with small numbers of forces on both sides, if you haven't played the Balkan Crisis campaign then you can check it out on Fabio's Armour Site to get an idea of what I'm talking about.

Thanks
Kurt :)

'Great Sage Equal of Heaven'
Post #: 1
- 3/28/2002 2:59:56 AM   
Redleg

Some excellent subject matter you are thinking of. Also, the idea of a "mini-campaign" sounds excellent.

My favorite of your ideas is Norway..... neat mix of units to involve in the fighting there.

Good luck.

(in reply to kurtbj)
Post #: 2
- 3/28/2002 3:27:04 AM   
Fallschirmjager

Fallschirmjager on Crete!

This would be perfect for small unit action.

(in reply to kurtbj)
Post #: 3
- 3/28/2002 4:38:23 AM   
Larry Holt

Polish defense against the Germans. Or GE attack against them. While the oveall campaign was a disaster for the Poles there were many hard fought battles. With tanks on both sides so skinny and vulnerable you really have to be careful. Handgrendes and ATRs can really ruin your day in this time period. This provides more interesting decisions than when everyone has Tigers and T34/85s

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to kurtbj)
Post #: 4
- 3/28/2002 8:04:02 AM   
m10bob

I really liked your Balkans Campaign the 1st 2 times i played it..Not real easy (with the choice of units requiring much more thought)....So many areas of that war could be done as mini campaigns......Even the withdrawal of troops on Java?

(in reply to kurtbj)
Post #: 5
Great idea! - 3/28/2002 8:54:11 AM   
wulfir

Just wanted to say that I think Balkan Crisis was absolutely great! Nothing wrong with the mini-campaign concept in my opinion – especially not with a slow computer like mine.

Anyway, I've always been kind of a fan of the Poles. Though bunch with a tragic history...

Semper in Primis

(in reply to kurtbj)
Post #: 6
- 3/28/2002 2:09:39 PM   
kurtbj

Thanks for the replies,
Polish defence in 39 doesn't sound too bad, quite interesting. Crete idea also good but there are so many campaigns as the Germans that I'll give that one a miss.... maybe in the the future.

I'll do some research today at work (if I'm not too busy) and try to dig up some info on Japanese actions in SE Asia, Polish actions in 39 and Norwegian defence in 40. Depending on the information I dig up I'll decide then. :)

'Great Sage Equal of Heaven'

(in reply to kurtbj)
Post #: 7
- 3/28/2002 6:19:54 PM   
gnoccop

Mini Campaing.

I think it's a good idea!
Small & fast battles that can be finished in 2/3 hours are very good for me!

Now I'll go to Fabio's site and D/L your balkan crisis!

"Violence is the last resource of incompetents". (I. Asimov)

(in reply to kurtbj)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mini Campaign Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI