Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Invasions a bit easy.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> Invasions a bit easy. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Invasions a bit easy. - 6/1/2008 4:14:25 PM   
Petiloup

I believe that a great weakness of AWD is that it's too easy for the British to gather strong land forces and invade Europe once Barbarossa is on.

Historically this is a non-sense as till 1942 the British was painfully fighting Rommel in the Desert whose strength was 2 Panzers Division and some support. Some would say that the game is not to replay history but the way it's set up I wouldn't agree with this statement.

For example in my actual Axis game the British jut invade Yugoslavia by destroying the air forces in Southern Italy therefore avoiding potential OPP Fire.
The Tyrhenian Sea was heavily mined rendering such large invasion very dangerous. At last Yugoslavia has no infrastructure decent enough to supply such a number of troops.

There is a reason why it was Operation Torch first, Sicily after, then Italy and Normandy only when the invasion forces were large enough.

I think the game should have the landing rules revised as being cost 5 per unit to invade times 2 for Tanks then times the number of sea zones crossed. Meaning 1 INF to land at 3 sea zones distance would cost 15 invasion points. At last the transport points of the fleet should be reduced proportionaly. If 15 on 20 pts of invasion are used then 75% of the transport capacity of those transports is used at the same time. It would render distant invasion harder without impeding short one too much and push the need to have a large transport fleet for the Allied.

Exception if landing 1 INF/MIL only to help the Japanese conquest.

Also maybe limit the number of supply you can land in a region without a port to render exploitation more difficult from some regions.

Now this might give some unbalance for Russia to be attended in a different way. More manpower on first turns of the invasion?
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Tech Support >> Invasions a bit easy. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI