Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: AAR: Coming Fury, a self-learning / explanatory AAR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> After Action Reports >> RE: AAR: Coming Fury, a self-learning / explanatory AAR Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: AAR: Coming Fury, a self-learning / explanatory AAR - 6/7/2008 4:04:38 AM   
oldspec4

Great AAR....I'm fine w/ the screenshots.

(in reply to grarap)
Post #: 31
RE: AAR: Coming Fury, a self-learning / explanatory AAR - 6/7/2008 11:11:43 AM   
GShock

Experimenting with camcorder and winavi (tipped by Joel and he's right it's a great prog!) i have 2 small vids to show you. The text quality is not excellent despite 100% quality setting. It's youtube, you wanted, i still prefer rapidshare/megaupload but there's good news: The file compression is great and this means the vids will be perfect for the battles ahead, so these are my last 2 attempts with vids. Next one will be a battle and it will NOT be on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLFZ2Vjn5aM

This is the Log i always start the turn with. You can see, among the several other information, that Grant has been promoted **. The Union has descended further in TN and has also invaded the woody and swampy areas of AR. In both cases i had to take counteractions i will show in the recap SS sorted per theater: LA-AR-TN-VA (omitting SC and NC because it's totally hvy arty moves on the coastal areas).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDTmVKt43dE

Having reinforced Humbolt with a newly converted MTD unit, a raid is conducted on the newly built Union depot. Winter is kicking in and MP are affected...the raid is successful but with minimal supply loss for the Union. In the whole nation, only 3 leaders have initiative. None in MO, 1 in TN and 2 in VA. Too little to hope for a strike...

Let's get to the SS now.

The huge number of H arty produced allows me to reinforce the fort in Humbolt. Post facto, the raid in Paducah was useless and i should have scouted but i feel rather safe knowing the Union must be having the same problems with initiative i have. Probably even worse. 2 HVY guns go to Humbolt then along with 2 MIL one of which is converted to MTD and then coupled with the CAV unit being there for the upcoming raid. The guns produced in SC are delivered to the other side of TN to reinfoce the fort, along with 2 MIL who go to Johnston himself who is now effectively the west TC (appointments take effect immediately but their benefits come in the following turn which is this one). The training stats of all western leaders in TN are poor or unknown and this is a real problem. There's also a severe shortage of troops but i've produced more supplies this turn and that will definitely help. Lawton is dispatched to the newly built fort which protects a vital rail connecting the city of Nashville and its fort to the rear and thus to my production centers. The scouting in Gallatin produces poor results, only 1 arty is spotted but not its leader and there are more units there. The fort on the cumberland is temporarily abandoned and all the front shifted 1 region eastwards. The situation is very difficult here.

I must admit i like the reproduction of historical values as, after long studying i firmly believe the CSA truly didn't have a single chance to win this war on the military side and it only appeared it could (to the CSA of course) because of the misleading indications coming from the first Bull Run. The game recreates this perfectly in my opinion and the situation you see in TN is an evident proof.

The invasion of KY has had its costs on the Union. KY is now partly aligned with the Union and some of the PP loss has been recovered but the loss of Gallatin without a fight due to a terrible mistake (i forget, i'm sorry!) has had its costs on my PP too. There's only a good side in this. I believe the Union is descending too fast in KY-TN and the partisans are already arming. Garrisoning all these territories has its costs and i must move to be ready to strike when the opportunity arises. One of these opportunities is to send the Gunboat East past Paducah. The choice here is to take the risk and pass (if the Union has HVY ARTY on the fort the Gunboat has high chances to be destroyed) and be able to bomb the Union in Gallatin or wait for the new Gunboat coming from New Orleans to merge with this one and make a stand by Humbolt (where my newly come guns would smash the Union Gunboats to pieces). When your resources are thin and the situation dramatic as it is for CSA in this game, every loss is a big pain.

In MO we have no initiative. An attempt to Raid Springfield ends with no effect as the Union enters Arkansas i have to extend my lines. We have an arty and Mil coming from TX and Little Rock is providing precious militia to MC Cullogh who delivers an INF to Price (W) and another one East...at this point this INF activates Hardee, a most welcome gift for he's a ** leader and, so far, obviously unspotted by the Union. One of the reasons why justly no demo was built for this game, and i am sure you will understand, is that the initiative is a key factor and the organization of forces needs to be as accurate as possible to increase its chances. This accuracy is achieved with several moves and the lenght in turns it takes, makes it impossible to be built in a limited demo version. A "flat" demo might be successful in delivering some values, but it would surely fail and ruin every effort so far done to build this game if the player loads the game and has no initiative. On the other side if he always had the initiative, the goal of the demo would still fail. This game requires lots of planning and a demo just can't allow it.

In LA the situation seems on hold for the Union. The poor leadership of my CAV unit in the fort does not allow a scouting mission...however all HVY arty guns are conveying to New Orleans and we must make our stand at the Mississipi river mouth if possible, to keep the Union away from New Orleans itself.

In VA the newly built guns reach their intended destinations. Bee is prevented by the weather and lack of initiative from reaching his destination and take an advantageous defensive position. Ewell and Smith are training units wonderfully and both Norfolk, New Kent, Manassas and Winchester have been reinforced. Unsure whether my leaders would be able to eventually move back in support, i decided to risk being spotted and perform no mind games. This also saves supplies, desperately needed to make new MIL spawn. I do not expect any attack in VA, yet, but i surely hope to be attacked right now. The defenses would probably hold.

The production screen marks the beginning of construction of 2 ironclads. These units take so long to build, we must begin immediatelyto delay the Union on the Mississipi ASAP. Pay special attention to the resources and production points as they are affected by the upcoming season...you will certainly notice I've commissioned the production of the double supply units i produced so far.

We conclude this turn with the usual update on the political situation. Next turn i will commission the navy dept, to build a new raider. The Union might (and i hope so) begin to take supply losses this turn thanks to my active raider. These losses will generate PP losses which will help closing the gap between the 2 sides. With Winter coming, the Union generals should have a hard time to gain initiative, however since they are in forts, mostly, they will suffer less this handicap. Scott has 53% of gaining initiative, and if he does, he will help all the E theater AC to gain it too. Longstreet and Jackson are ready to act on Harper's Ferry and perhaps the winter can reduce the rate of reinforcements the Union can convey there through the Potomac.

I have made a big mistake in Manassas by activating an Arty leader. I unstacked the guns from another leader to send them to him but the recovery of his CP will take place next turn. Now the new leader (a poor one) has guns stacked while the other leader (the good one) hasn't. The limited CP recovery rule is a difficult one to master.

(in reply to oldspec4)
Post #: 32
RE: AAR: Coming Fury, a self-learning / explanatory AAR - 6/8/2008 11:47:18 PM   
GShock

RJH's e-mail this morning brought very bad news...and the mocking tone of one who knows what he's doing and who knows his opponent is already in distress. Damn Yankee!
The delay in processing this turn was caused by a new release that was subsequently immediately updated. Rest assured, we're doing our best to give you the best!

Dawn marks the beginning of the invasion of TX on behalf of the Union forces. Galveston, poorly defended by a single INF unit mobilizes its militia and gets ready to fight after surviving the fleet bombardment. You might be wondering why Galveston and not Corpus Christi that was better defended? Eh...lady luck kissed me again. The odds however are not too bad in the Union's favor and we might be able to beat them.

This AAR begins with 3 vids: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CLIP8CG8
(small files but very good quality. No more youtube, takes time and wastes quality. Open the VIDS in the order listed in the AAR in brackets and look at them when the time comes.)

(Start)
The turn begins with the reaction phase. Galveston is being invaded from the sea! The first thing to do is to see who can help...the factors computed do not show the militia hastily mobilized. Unfortunately, all the units you see on the map that are closeby, are just newly spawned and unattached. Hence, they can't move without a leader...and Herbert's force in Corpus Christi is unfortunately too far away. Before going to battle, let's have a look at the log. (Pause and read). The Union suffered severe attrition losses in KY. When time comes we will see if we can exploit this temporary weakness.

If you look closely to the log, you will see that one of my 2 Raiders has sunk a Union Merchant. 7 Supply units are lost and 4 are captured. Most notably, 1PP is lost by the Union and with more raiders coming, these losses are bound to increase.

(Battle)
The die rolls are hidden but you can see each unit firing on the enemy with ships and Arty firing first. We have no arty of course and remember that when a unit is not hit (fire icon) it still adds some attrition to the "queue". The numbers and losses are roughly equivalent but my men are mostly composed of MIL and it's not a coincidence the only clean hit scored is by the INF unit. The overwhelmed forces of Sibley's retreat northwards and Galveston is lost to the Union.

Sibley meets newly spawned MIL who are further joined from E and W by new MIL and one of these comes with a happy companion: a ARTY unit. However, i do not trust Sibley anymore to be able to make up for this loss, and I activate Crittenden. It is December 61 and CSA is now allowed to build Divisions/Corps for the army structure. Another minor arty leader is activated, and, as you see from the SS, Crittenden's stack is now attaching 2 leaders. These leaders actually represent STACKS of troops....the troops of those sub-leader's stacks.
Only ** generals can employ corps and only if they have a good number of CP. They sum up their stats with those of their subleaders helping them to perform better. The union will begin to form their corps in January.

(Mississipi)
The turn can now officially begin. My newly built gunboat joins forces in Humbolt area and advances to the confluent where an Union transport is destroyed. This risky manouver will cut off reinforcements to Paducah and allow me to turn around and support forces in TN. However i haven't taken this decision yet...those gunboats might even not survive...Clarksville is in danger but the gunboats might not arrive...hence Johnston dispatches 1 ART and 1 INF from the rear lines to the fort...let's hope it holds for the winter.

The number of borders to keep, compared to the shortage of men, is apparent in this SS. I have just 2 MIL to send to the front. One goes to Hardee and one goes to Humbolt (which also receives another H ART). The third MIL goes S to merge with Crittenden. As you can see, it's choices everywhere and there's no way to defend everywhere but only somewhere and hope to be able to exploit an opportunity, which depends on initiative and on the opponent's moves. Price and Mc Culloch have received no reinforcements and even those dashed green arrows might just be a dream. Springfield is still very weak but i decide to hold my cavalry in reserve. Terrain is very hard here, there's no railway and troops move very slowly. Sinking that transport is a good result but the Union has rails just behind the river where troops are waiting to be boarded and cross by more and more transports. Van Dorn has scouted and uncovered about 14 units in Paducah. They almost outnumber us by 2 to 1.

In LA Ft. St. James is further reinforced. 1 MIL goes to the other side of the Mississipi mouth from New Orleans, who also delivers 2 Hvy ART to the front. Ft. St. James is the possible counterattack spot...unfortunately, the very poor cavalry leader there, has not enough MP to give and even a scouting on the enemy position is impossible. He's bound to be dismissed next turn because with the corps kicking in, more activations are now allowed. I have spawned 2 very competent Arty leaders in VA.

Lyon's position is very strong and he has the initiative. Ewell sends 4 INF units to Magruder and Smith delivers to Beuregard and Johnston. Magruder is not a good commander but there's no other choice. More Arty join the front in VA coming from NC and the newly spawned Arty leaders take over. I now feel confident if the Union attacks our men will make their stand. New Kent is a critical territory. I am already diverting many forces there and neglecting offensive in Harper's Ferry but if New Kent falls, i'll have to divert even more to protect Richmond.

Mistake of this turn: a detached MTD to send to Steuart to scout the enemy fort, the leader in New Kent has 0/1 CP available. Bonham is complaining of course...but even if i sent back the MTD, Bonham would be unable to employ it.

Lawton builds a new fort on the VA western front and Bee again is unable to enter WV. Ashby is luckily very active and marauds the WV supplies again, destroying/capturing about 12 out of 20. Good. JEB insteads raids Harper's Ferry and tears down the rail in HF following up almost again to Washington and plundering 15 Union supplies.

Nothing more to add...the long wait is tiring me more than action and i can't wait to see the Union hit me where i am prepared, for a change!

Bad news from the seas...the capture of one side of the Mississipi mouth ends the whole trade on the river. Other ports are blockaded 100% and bound to shut down operations soon...a sparkle of light...one of my leaders in LA has been promoted to *. More units can be handled now and perhaps if he gets the initiative...

The production queue, as usual. I am building a factory in NC to increase output. Gonna take a while before it's ready. Since Buchannan has been activated, a new Ironclad is build in VA. Perhaps we can hit them by surprise in Norfolk and open a window for the runners to produce some more supplies.

The political situation is bad but let's look at the good side, i can explain how the political generals work. Every turn a high ranking "political" general (u're thinking of Mc Clellan but in CSA there were quite a few too!) is not appointed to command, PP are paid every turn. That's why I'm so down on PP !!! This AAR will be remembered as one of the most affected by the player's mistakes! Got to give command or pay...if you give command perhaps you'll lose battles, but you can also dismiss, and pay a "one time fee".
Choices, choices, choices...

Pyle said it right: Took him a year to learn the game and us newcomers can't really know how some things work if not by trial and error.
The manual? Yes i've read it many times...but eventually i must have forgotten this detail...RJ reminded me, but he did just after i had appointed AS Johnston...well...i fixed it myself, better late than never!

Let's hope things get better for CSA

< Message edited by GShock -- 6/8/2008 11:54:31 PM >

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 33
RE: AAR: Coming Fury, a self-learning / explanatory AAR - 6/9/2008 5:28:32 AM   
tedhealy

Time to launch a large, but limited attack somewhere to keep the Union on their toes?  Seems like you need to try and throw a hard hitting counter punch sooner or later.

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 34
RE: AAR: Coming Fury, a self-learning / explanatory AAR - 6/9/2008 9:38:15 AM   
GShock

Right. The point of all the trouble is not only the fact the Union systematically outnumbers me, but the lack of initiative despite better leadership. With winter coming the production levels and initiative factors go down and operations are limited. The scouting factors are also very important. Without a good knowledge of the enemy attacking is very risky and we'd better stay in defense. However, converting MIL to MTD and increasing cavalry trooper numbers increases chances to spot the enemy, and is a key difference between a good or bad scout/raid factor in the comparative checks....obviously, the bad side of the medal is that the MIL -> MTD -> CAV takes one more step to creation of regular troops...and I am in dire shortage of INF for combat purposes. We need a defensive victory to change the tide of events and i don't know where. Yet.

(in reply to tedhealy)
Post #: 35
RE: AAR: Coming Fury, a self-learning / explanatory AAR - 6/10/2008 5:27:53 AM   
Gem35

GShock, you are a tower of strength my friend, thanks for taking your precious time and posting this AAR.

It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

Banner By Feurer Krieg

(in reply to grarap)
Post #: 36
RE: AAR: Coming Fury, a self-learning / explanatory AAR - 6/10/2008 10:04:03 AM   
GShock

I managed to reinstall most important things on the HP computer which "woke up" yesterday saying "Hey i can't find the OS on the Hard Drive". Typical of Windows. System recovery = reformat. Will continue the AAR tonight.

(in reply to Gem35)
Post #: 37
RE: AAR: Coming Fury, a self-learning / explanatory AAR - 6/10/2008 11:02:28 AM   
GShock

Meanwhile here's the Reaction phase:

The Union reacts to my fluvial move and tries to stop me from passing the confluent and support the troops in Clarksville. The gunboats bomb Paducah destroying an hvy arty unit, one ship is damaged and sent back to repair, at this point the Union sends in 2 gunboats and the lone gunboat can't stand the pressure and is forced to withdraw and damaged too. The naval leader is wounded in action and will be back in 12 months. I've got another one in Vicksburg who will get in charge as soon as the gunboats are repaired.

The Union scouts Humbolt and is stopped in the process by Van Dorn's cavalry stack (big stack of 4 units) however, the cavalry can't do the same in Clarksville and the Union, strong of initiative, full scouting knowledge and with vastly superior forces, attacks Clarksville's fort. Grant is in charge. 60.000 troops against 10.000 and it's only because of the fort, giving me better odds that our forces are not utterly overrun (odds are not calculated numerically but according to combat factors). The battle is lost as Johnston and the other leaders have no troops to send in support while a minor leader is killed in action.

At the same time, Bragg having moved to Mobile, the Union seizes Pensacola without any loss.

Having witnessed the Union numbers in TN, and knowing I'm constantly outnumbered, i still believe i have an edge in VA and have the chance to grab a major or strategic victory with Longstreet and Jackson. I must carefully consider this move and prepare in anticipation of the losses. However, i can't reinforce TN and VA at the same time. I will assess the situation again tonite and take a decision on whether to send troops to VA or to TN.

So you see ultimately how the CSA is outnumbered as historical situation calls for. The most relevant choices are where to send the troops, those few troops, our nation recruits...and if initiative doesn't come, those troops are uselessly diverted from where they would be better needed. Hard choices to take tonite and big risks.

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 38
RE: AAR: Coming Fury, a self-learning / explanatory AAR - 6/10/2008 1:31:14 PM   
ratters72

I concur with Gem, thanks Gshock, this is some great stuff.....

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 39
RE: AAR: Coming Fury, a self-learning / explanatory AAR - 6/10/2008 5:29:59 PM   
GShock

It is indeed great stuff.

I calculated it takes about 40 minutes to make a turn, at least at present time and situational difficulty but it takes almost 2 hours to build the AAR. Obviously i am trying to document the most important things, but you can see, even if the AAR has to be limited to these, that behind every single move there has to be a huge calculation and planning. If i had to show every little detail of the game, it would take me 4 hours to build the AAR.
No software on the HP machine...all lost in the reformat, so no vids.

This is the situation in LA.
The fast reaction force tasked to defend SC/FL rotates and assumes the defense of Jacksonville FL while the more numerous forces go to divert the Union from Mobile and, at the same time, protect the resources. Now you can see the Union has empty territories ahead N of Pensacola but do not underestimate the partisan power. The Union needs to heavily garrison these territories in my homeland if it wants to advance safely. If my forces are attacked, Bragg can support from the rear, but before the Union can advance N safely, more troops must be left behind. We do hope of course they will, as it means splitting their forces and giving us an opportunity to attack.

As of New Orleans, 3 Hvy Arty emplacements are sent to the river mouth regions. It's only a matter of time before our counterattack takes place and I've issued a strong supply production in an attempt to recruit more MIL troops. We have no initiative in TX but we're pressing on two sides against Galveston...either side might attack any time.

Paducah is heavily garrisoned in TN and the scouting Van Dorn manages to uncover a potential of at least 31 combat units. Compare those with my 12 and you see how hard it is for CSA...the lack of supplies coming from the Mississipi is devastating for my MIL recruitment...anyway, Van Dorn has a big Cavalry stack and this prevents the Union from knowing what's the size of my forces in Humbolt...Price gains the initiative and immediately attacks Springfield. The unknown Union forces in AR should be unable to assist due to difficult terrain. My Arty is left behind for the same reason...lack of MP on unsuitable terrain. Cavalry raids in MO arrive to Lexington but are unable to destroy the rail lines. There seem to be no supplies in the area for the Union, which is terribly good. Cutting off Springfield and seizing Rolla will have a devastating effect on the Union unspotted troops in AR. Our final goal is St. Louis and hopefully divert some enemy units from Paducah-Humbolt soon-to-be-showdown.

In VA, where i am absolutely sure to have an advantage in numbers, there's ZERO initiative. No attacks are possible. Bee is still unable to enter WV and i'm considering to send him around the border to prevent the Union from entering VA from Mason and cut the nation in half by seizing that rail line. All scouting were less than successful but the Black X are converted CAV units joining JEB and Bonham...next scouting will be easier and allow us to strike, eventually. All troops have been mobilized to the front. Smith and Ewell have no units to train presently. Blue arrows indicate newly joining artillery units. The raid in Harper's Ferry captures a few supplies and destroys the rail line, while Ashby raids Charleston again with 20 more supplies captured/lost by the Union.

My production queue is, for this turn, only of supplies. We need more troops.

This is the political situation. Another raider turns to blockade running, and i am forced to build a new one. The Union lost 1 PP this turn due to my raiding but this should increase. However, each raider costs 30 supplies and I will soon be unable to afford new raiders due to the desperate need of fielding more troops.

The last SS, for a change, regards my production for the upcoming month. Very few guns, no ships, one dmg INF returning to the field but a decent MIL recruitment. Ewell and Smith must get back to work and it's time to reinforce TN before it's too late.

(in reply to ratters72)
Post #: 40
RE: AAR: Coming Fury, a self-learning / explanatory AAR - 6/11/2008 12:58:44 PM   
GShock

Winter is almost over and the situation is evolving already faster than i could have imagined.

NC is invaded in New Bern. Gatlin intervenes, the Odds are 2.68 to 1 and CSA is forced to retreat. Our losses consist in a single INF dmg and it's the same losses the Union sustained. This thanks to the spawned MIL who fought better than i had imagined. Another of my many mistakes, the forces in Wilmington could not move to support due to the bad terrain, however two stacks are moved in the nearby area and whatever the situation I am determined to retake New Bern next turn. You will certainly think that more mistakes will come after I've learned to play. One of the things that i see as a wonderful effect of smart designing is the fact that you can play this game 1000 times but there's no way to reproduce the same situation and the same moves. Next time, i could consider better the terrain in Wilmington, but surely Gallatin and other leaders would have different stats thus producing different results which, in turn, demand for different choics.

The situation in MO is advantageous. Price has no initiative and can't seize those resources in the far West. However, i intend to keep the offensive going, so my main force will keep being screened by CAV and will keep receiving priority reinforcements from AR, disregarding TX. Bouie will have to supply Crittenden on itself and hope to take back Galveston. I can't divert those few reinforcements from MO now. The Union is probably puzzled by the forces of Hardee in AR. We have superiority here in MO as i had expected and we must press on before the Union reinforces its positions.

In LA the situation seems to have stalled. The Union doesn't have the numbers to attack me and press for New Orleans. However my main concern are the Union gunboats in Mississipi. I will try to take them by surprise with the movement of 2 HVY arty to Vicksburg coming from Mobile (which is now covered by my previous move in the neighbouring region). The gunboat sent from memphis and the gunboat who had retreated to Little rock after the defeat, have been damaged or destroyed. I do have a new gunboat ready but i can't risk it right now on the river battle...however this Union river detachment will certainly cut off my strategic movement allowance by sinking my transports. I hope my Hvy Arty will do the job, however more dmg Arty will be diverted to Mississipi once repaired. I am getting more and more discomforted by the lack of initiative in Ft. St. James. Releasing the river from blockade would rise the spirits (and supplies) a lot!

The situation in TN is desperate. I conveyed to Nashville as many reinforcements as i could and Grant unfortunately has the initiative. The rough assessment of the mere forces of Grant (but you can see the whole border is crowded with enemy troops) is 60.000 if he hasn't received more reinforcements. We must be ready to lose TN and fall back. Luckily i don't think Grant can move into battle all his troops at the same time as now that Johnston has been reinforced, and with all the neighbouring region containing troops in easy terrain my reaction moves would be more than successful. We also benefit from the presence of Forts which could prove a key factor in our defense strategy. Not everything is lost...yet and if we can delay the Union in MO perhaps we have a chance to convey more reinforcements in the future. Our goal is to delay them as much as possible so that we may make it hard for them to advance. In order to do that, more supplies are needed but the main priority is not to lose the army of Tennessee.

This is the time, now or never!
Sun Tzu teaches never to risk everything if you can't commit everything. And i sure did. Longstreet, Jackson and all the other leaders able to reach combat stations have been sent to Harper's Ferry to exploit an evident weakness in the Union lines. The number of troops involved are more than 6 to 1 (before the Union reaction phase) however combat factors and not numbers are needed to produce an overrun attack. My previous raids (Ashby) have cut off the rail in Harper's Ferry while Stuart is in combat himself and Bonham has ensured that the number of Union soldiers is at reach. This is a turning point where we can either be defeated slightly or take a strong victory with the PP rising to our favor.

An analisys of the situation in Ft. Monroe, also shows that the Union has diverted some of their troops there to invade New Bern NC. My gunboat in the bordering waters is ready to intervene in support in Ft. Monroe attack and troops have been mobilized from Richmond to New Kent. If it is true the Union outnumbers us by 2 to 1 already, this is not true in localyzed conflicts. The mere threat of an assault will force the Union to divert troops from the TN theater and open windows i can exploit, such as the one at Harper's Ferry. Besides, the very same position in New Bern has to be reinforced or be lost next turn by the Union. ...i suffer the pressure but so does the Union now.

The political situation is grim. A new Raider has been built as i deem necessary to steal more Union supplies (and PP). 2 raiders have been converted so far to Runners...and Semmes was my most valuable admiral...bad luck. The loss of these 30 supplies used to build this raider is sorely felt. After combat in Harper's Ferry i will need all possible replacements in line and trained as fast as possible because the counterattack will come through the Potomac. To this end, all production points have been used to build supplies. 15 supplies = 75 units, barely enough to sustain my armed forces. The blockade factors are starting to be seriously felt by CSA.

Cross the fingers for Harper's Ferry!

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 41
RE: AAR: Coming Fury, a self-learning / explanatory AAR - 6/11/2008 6:22:33 PM   
tedhealy

Can't wait to see what happens in Harper's Ferry 

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 42
RE: AAR: Coming Fury, a self-learning / explanatory AAR - 6/11/2008 11:21:37 PM   
rjh1971

Well tedhealy I'm doing the turn right now and I was a bit surprise Gshock launched such a daring attack and in winter. Fortunately McDowell (Army Commander in Washington) had gained initiative and so did all leaders under his command in Washington, which has allowed me to move them in the reaction phase.

Here is the ss.

Bty Gshock I scrolled down to the last post real fast so I couldn see any of your screenshots much less read anything, I just couldn't resit reporting on this one, well off to see what happens and report back

Attachment (1)

GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI

(in reply to tedhealy)
Post #: 43
RE: AAR: Coming Fury, a self-learning / explanatory AAR - 6/11/2008 11:40:36 PM   
rjh1971

Good news for the Union first Major Victory Won, but I think it was a close one since the CSA was able to commit more troops than the Union, the fact that there was a fort built and that it turned out the leaders I sent had extraordinary defense ratings were decisive factors in defending Harpers Ferry, along with McDowell's initiative without it the area would have been lost.

Attachment (1)

Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 44
RE: AAR: Coming Fury, a self-learning / explanatory AAR - 6/11/2008 11:47:19 PM   
rjh1971

Here you can see the after action report and how good my leaders turned out to be defensively

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 45
RE: AAR: Coming Fury, a self-learning / explanatory AAR - 6/11/2008 11:50:24 PM   
rjh1971

And last a good Southern General breeding daisys

Attachment (1)

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 46
RE: AAR: Coming Fury, a self-learning / explanatory AAR - 6/12/2008 12:39:18 AM   
tedhealy

Jackson we hardly knew ye

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 47
RE: AAR: Coming Fury, a self-learning / explanatory AAR - 6/12/2008 10:01:24 AM   
GShock

Plenty of rough time, lately.

I sat down on my new cell phone and had to send it to UK to repair.
...I arrived last night in bucharest and my baggage didn't...
and now this

(in reply to tedhealy)
Post #: 48
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> After Action Reports >> RE: AAR: Coming Fury, a self-learning / explanatory AAR Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI