Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/4/2008 4:22:48 AM   
morvwilson

Still remember when she would fit between my elbow and wrist.
Where did the time go?

Attachment (1)

http://www.outskirtspress.com/Feud_MichaelWilson

Courage is not measured by the presence of fear, but by what a person does when they are scared!
Post #: 1
RE: Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/4/2008 4:39:42 AM   
cragpider

Hi Mr. Wilson, she's a beautiful little girl, I know how you feel, though we have no children of our own, but we have a goddaughter that we treat like our own, and I still remember when I baptized her she was only a peanut and now she's a 7 year old ball of energy but she still runs to us when we go visit, so I'm going to cherish every little moment until she becomes to grown up to run to Uncle Frank and Aunt Annette. Unfortunately Mr. Wilson that is what being a parent is all about you raise them to let them go and hope only the best for them, good luck to you and I hope she enjoys her senior ball...

(in reply to morvwilson)
Post #: 2
RE: Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/4/2008 4:52:14 AM   
Gem35

Pretty young lady, i bet you are proud of her.
My daughter went to the 8th grade dance, I feel the same way, where did all the time go.

It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

Banner By Feurer Krieg

(in reply to cragpider)
Post #: 3
RE: Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/4/2008 4:52:37 AM   
JAMiAM

With a beauty like that, no wonder you're worried.

My oldest will be there in another two years. I know how you feel.

(in reply to cragpider)
Post #: 4
RE: Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/4/2008 6:31:37 AM   
cdbeck

It seems like yesterday when I was going to senior proms. Now my wife has that "BABY" glint in her eye. That is a tad scary, gotta hold that off for at least a month or so more... 

A pretty daughter there. Just wait until summer is over and it is college, or what have you. That is a whole new ball game.

SoM

"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet!"
(Kill them all. God will know his own.)

-- Arnaud-Armaury, the Albigensian Crusade

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 5
RE: Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/4/2008 8:21:02 AM   
06 Maestro

Time does fly by. I'm in the same boat; my daughter is picking up her cap and gown tomorrow. She is graduating a year early (at 17 years old-skipped the 11th grade). She had a prom a few weeks ago.
As some of us know, it is quite a task to raise children in this modern, enlightened world, especially if they are attractive females.
It looks like you did a fine job on keeping your daughter straight-congrats, morvwilson.
This is a shot of my daughter on her prom night-

Attachment (1)

(in reply to cdbeck)
Post #: 6
RE: Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/4/2008 9:41:32 AM   
JudgeDredd

I feel for ya both. MY daughters 11 and fast growing up. The other one is 7 and has a way to go yet.

Still a lot of fun from both!

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 7
RE: Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/4/2008 10:37:59 AM   
Dan Verssen

My daughter is only 10, and I'm not looking forward her teen years at all! 

Great job raising your daughters!

< Message edited by Dan Verssen -- 6/4/2008 10:38:56 AM >

-Dan Verssen
Dan Verssen Games (DVG)
www.dvg.com

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 8
RE: Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/4/2008 2:32:31 PM   
Grell

Very nice photo's guy's. My eldest son is 12, the next in line is my second son and he is 9, followed by my miniput daughter who will be 6 in august.

Regards,

Greg

(in reply to Dan Verssen)
Post #: 9
RE: Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/4/2008 3:42:41 PM   
06 Maestro

My son is 15 years old. It is "smooth sailing" now. When they were 13/14 years old, they called for considerably more "attention"...

(in reply to Grell)
Post #: 10
RE: Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/4/2008 6:30:43 PM   
Feltan

Congrats guys!

My eldest daughter will be in middle school next year. I've noticed the young lads starting to take an interest, so the primary question I am facing is this: is a pump action or side-by-side shotgun the best?

Regards,
Feltan

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 11
RE: Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/4/2008 7:05:53 PM   
JAMiAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feltan

Congrats guys!

My eldest daughter will be in middle school next year. I've noticed the young lads starting to take an interest, so the primary question I am facing is this: is a pump action or side-by-side shotgun the best?

Regards,
Feltan

Nothing speaks the silent language of intimidation better than a double-barreled twelve gauge. Of course, for audible effect, the sound of a slide being worked is unbeatable. So, if it's a nice quiet father to (potential) son talk you want to have with the boy, then the double. If you want to get the attention of someone who should best be leaving, and soon, then the slide.

< Message edited by JAMiAM -- 6/4/2008 7:07:21 PM >

(in reply to Feltan)
Post #: 12
RE: Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/4/2008 7:45:20 PM   
Yogi the Great

My daughter is all grown up, but I certainly recall the High School years.  She is also a beautiful girl.

morvwilson &  O6 Maestro two beautiful daughters for sure.

You are both pretty brave though, posting those pictures on a forum like this for all our mature fine members to comment on.  I have seen a few threads on a few forums get a little out of hand when pictures of beautiful girls are posted. 

I remember when I was attending the FBI Academy at Quantico, my roommates daughter came to visit. To put in mildly, she was quite an attractive lady in all the ways you can think of.  As she walked to our cafeteria table with her food tray, you could see every head turn and follow her.  I couldn't help but start to laugh, and my roommate shook his head and said "Animals, you're all animals!."

Now boys, lets all behave yourselves

< Message edited by Yogi the Great -- 6/4/2008 11:34:33 PM >

Hooked Since AH Gettysburg

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 13
RE: Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/4/2008 8:14:17 PM   
andym

Was there a conversation like this before hand?

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/index.php?module=see&lang=uk&code=31e575fd530b24b9ff48cb67aba8b701

Press to Test...............Release to Detonate!

(in reply to Yogi the Great)
Post #: 14
RE: Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/5/2008 1:46:44 AM   
anvl

Beautiful girls.. and they bring back such memories.  I raised two daughters.  Both are grown and well on their own.. One is 26,, the other is 34.  Lol,, you guys with only sons,, here is the difference in raising daughters vs sons.. with a boy child,, you only have to worry about one lil Pr,,K!!  with daughters,, you have to worry about every Pr,,k on the block!!!     

anvil

Deus subrisum stultusi et ferrari

(in reply to andym)
Post #: 15
RE: Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/5/2008 2:33:06 AM   
06 Maestro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feltan

Congrats guys!

Regards,
Feltan

About a year ago I made a point of being involved in cleaning my hunting rifle, a 308 Winchester (with scope, of course), when a new knuckle-head came to meet me-I think it is effective. Of course, a shotgun can have similar effects. If you have a choice, I would suggest an "over and under"/"side by side" rather than a pump action.

(in reply to Feltan)
Post #: 16
RE: Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/5/2008 4:50:05 AM   
morvwilson

Thanks for the compliments guys, trust me when I say they are sniffles of pride!

As to the intimidation factor, cleaning any weapon is good enough! lol. Even sharpening an ax when the date shows up will send the correct message!

And Maestro, very beautiful daughter there. The proverbial lady in red.

Do I worry about posting her picture? nah.
She will be off to an undisclosed college this fall. Where she will be guarded by barbed wire, bunkers, claymore's, and anything else I can think of!
Unless of course my daughter finds out and then she will say the one thing that melts any father's heart. "Daaaady!"

All the best!

Courage is not measured by the presence of fear, but by what a person does when they are scared!

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 17
RE: Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/6/2008 8:54:19 PM   
105mm Howitzer

Sorry I joined in late, but congrats on you both, you did a marvelous job. My eldest is finishing Sec.3, so it"s off to the Prom in a couple of years. And yes, they do grow awfully bloody fast.
As an aside, I figure instead of polishing the old .303 Lee-Enfield, I could just show the "young man" my old Army shots, with special emphasis on my UN Peacekeeping snaps. ( from Cyprus to Bosnia, bound to cut his appetite )

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum" - Publius Renatus, 390 A.D.

(in reply to morvwilson)
Post #: 18
RE: Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/6/2008 9:46:10 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: morvwilson

Thanks for the compliments guys, trust me when I say they are sniffles of pride!

As to the intimidation factor, cleaning any weapon is good enough! lol. Even sharpening an ax when the date shows up will send the correct message!

And Maestro, very beautiful daughter there. The proverbial lady in red.

Do I worry about posting her picture? nah.
She will be off to an undisclosed college this fall. Where she will be guarded by barbed wire, bunkers, claymore's, and anything else I can think of!
Unless of course my daughter finds out and then she will say the one thing that melts any father's heart. "Daaaady!"

All the best!

My daughter was in high school drama. Her first prom date was fruitier than an ambrosia salad....not that there is anything wrong with that The kid came to the door in rainbow colored Converse and a tux. She was about 4 inches taller than he. Despite all the signals, the kid's dad was pleased as punch his son was going to the dance with a babe. The dad had a smile on his face from ear to ear. If his son had hit a walk-off grand slam at the World Series he couldn't have been happier.

Needless to say, I was happy too.

Then she started going out with the captain of the water polo team.....uggh.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 6/6/2008 9:48:04 PM >

(in reply to morvwilson)
Post #: 19
RE: Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/7/2008 7:49:28 AM   
panzers

Is it me or are young women that much more beautiful than when I was that age? Grats to you both. It's obvious you did a good job. With what this world is coming to, it sure is refreshing to see some good young people for our future.

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 20
RE: Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/7/2008 12:28:30 PM   
Zap

.Forgive the reference to the financial side of kids growing up. When the grand kids were younger I could get by with a reasonable priced gift. One grad-child wants a quincenera celebration(something like a 16 birthday). My daughter-in-law informed me that it will cost 6,000 dollars. I almost fell over hearing that. That's almost equal to a Marriage celebration! So I guess we will help. We will buy the 15 year old dress.$500.00.

I share every ones joy with there children growing up. Its a wonderful time.

< Message edited by Zap -- 6/10/2008 7:27:00 AM >

(in reply to morvwilson)
Post #: 21
RE: Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/10/2008 3:23:22 AM   
Feinder

Tell ya what. Part of me would love to have a little girl. But we've got our hands full with our two boys (somebody called them "Irish twins" - only a year apart : something tells that's not entirely politically correct). I feel for you guys with daughters. My current rate of hair-loss is one thing, but I'd probably have a weekly coronary if I had a daughter.

Best of luck to us all!

-F-

My boys are Ben(2), Matthew(3), and their cousin Bryan(3) (Knavey's boy).

Who wants to ID the plane in Matthew's hand?

Attachment (1)

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 22
RE: Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/10/2008 3:26:30 AM   
Gem35

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feinder

Tell ya what. Part of me would love to have a little girl. But we've got our hands full with our two boys (somebody called them "Irish twins" - only a year apart : something tells that's not entirely politically correct). I feel for you guys with daughters. My current rate of hair-loss is one thing, but I'd probably have a weekly coronary if I had a daughter.

Best of luck to us all!

-F-

My boys are Ben(2), Matthew(3), and their cousin Bryan(3) (Knavey's boy).

Who wants to ID the plane in Matthew's hand?

haha, great picture F
that is a wildcat no?

It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

Banner By Feurer Krieg

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 23
RE: Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/10/2008 3:35:05 AM   
Feinder

Nope.  Not a Wilcat.  A little bigger.  The dark blue coloring says...

Funny thing is, my dad gave them each die-cast airplane, so it wouldn't break.  Leave it to my boys.  About 3 minutes later it took it's first test-flight right into the tile.  Even die-cast will split on the seams after a 8 foot toss.

So now it's got a double rubber-band to keep the wings and fuselage together.  Works quite well.  The bands give on impact and the thing rattles, but it stays together.

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to Gem35)
Post #: 24
RE: Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/10/2008 6:46:48 AM   
morvwilson

Lol f,
Just remember, those little guys will take revenge on you for you parents!
Got 3 and 6 yr old sons here too.
As an aside, aren't airplanes supposed to fly? (my guess is F6 Hellcat)

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 25
RE: Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/10/2008 7:17:24 AM   
Gem35

I want to say that this is a refreshing thread, about family and friends.
I can say I could make a better effort in my family affairs.
May all of our families have good luck and great memories.
I also want to thank our United States Troops abroad for their service and that they may return safely to their expecting families very soon.

Banner By Feurer Krieg

(in reply to morvwilson)
Post #: 26
RE: Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/10/2008 7:31:45 AM   
Zap

I 2nd the salute for the Wholesome American Family. The rock foundation for a healty American society.

(in reply to Gem35)
Post #: 27
RE: Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/10/2008 11:42:29 AM   
orwell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zap

.Forgive the reference to the financial side of kids growing up. When the grand kids were younger I could get by with a reasonable priced gift. One grad-child wants a quincenera celebration(something like a 16 birthday). My daughter-in-law informed me that it will cost 6,000 dollars. I almost fell over hearing that. That's almost equal to a Marriage celebration! So I guess we will help. We will buy the 15 year old dress.$500.00.

The $500 alone gives me a lot of pause. The very notion of a 16th $6000 birthday party is something I find literally unimaginable. The only way I could think of approaching that amount is if they were getting a car. Either I'm practically dirt poor and don't know it (for the US standard of living anyways) or my family is just extremely frugal.

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 28
RE: Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/10/2008 3:27:21 PM   
105mm Howitzer

Yeah, that looks way too much like a Hellcat, pretty distinctive wing shape.

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum" - Publius Renatus, 390 A.D.

(in reply to orwell)
Post #: 29
RE: Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) - 6/11/2008 4:25:23 PM   
Zakhal

quote:

ORIGINAL: orwell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zap

The $500 alone gives me a lot of pause. The very notion of a 16th $6000 birthday party is something I find literally unimaginable. The only way I could think of approaching that amount is if they were getting a car. Either I'm practically dirt poor and don't know it (for the US standard of living anyways) or my family is just extremely frugal.

I never got anymore than 5$ per week when I was a kid. And a bday cake as bday present. The biggest things I ever got was propably c64 with tapedrive in 1987 and amiga 1992 (got 30% off for selling the c64). I bought PC in the end of 1992 with the money the tax office had ripped of from my dad for the unpayed child support for the past 10 years (and the money I got from selling amiga). That was the luckiest day of my life.

But thats all - no drivers licences or cars or expensive parties. I did upgrade the PC a bit but with the moneys I got from summer jobs*. Eventually the PC helped me choose my studies and eventually get a job (I started to learn programmin with qbasic in 1993).

*The first job I had as a kid was when I was 11y old 2 weeks / 8 hours day for 100$ doing small building maintenance work. Most of that money went to buying c64 games. I wanted to buy a disk drive for the c64 but I couldnt even afford that ~ 300$ somthing was the price.

< Message edited by Zakhal -- 6/11/2008 4:33:10 PM >

"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."- unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

(in reply to orwell)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Daughter off to senior ball (sniff sniff) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI