Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I am looking for new WitP stock games

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> I am looking for new WitP stock games Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I am looking for new WitP stock games - 6/5/2008 4:46:05 AM   
Montereytrench

I am looking for players for WitP stock games. Either side. Options open. Open to new or experienced players. I'm in the San Francisco Bay area, California.

< Message edited by Montereytrench -- 6/5/2008 6:01:36 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: I am looking for new WitP stock games - 6/5/2008 5:40:20 AM   
n01487477

Be careful with putting email addresses on the forum, better to get a PM and then exchange ... there are nasty webbots around ... or use a code for your address...

(in reply to Montereytrench)
Post #: 2
RE: I am looking for new WitP stock games - 6/5/2008 5:50:56 AM   
Montereytrench

thanks

Post #: 3
RE: I am looking for new WitP stock games - 6/5/2008 3:02:48 PM   
Morlante

I'm a new player and if you want to play japan, i'm your men.  I'm in Canada, province of Quebec ( In fact i'm a french canadien).

Post #: 4
RE: I am looking for new WitP stock games - 6/5/2008 9:07:17 PM   
Montereytrench

sounds good...i'll be japanese...any house rules?...what scenario?

(in reply to Morlante)
Post #: 5
RE: I am looking for new WitP stock games - 6/5/2008 9:49:54 PM   
Morlante

I find this house rules:

scenario 15 (from the begining to the and of the pacific war)

House rules:
Jap subs carry Glens only. Can conduct recon missions only (no naval search).
The Glen took a long time to set up, launch, and recover and wasnt used on a day to day basis

No Jap surface movement into the hex west of Singapore until Singapore falls.
The shore guns there were capible of shelling the Sumatra coast

Kwangtung forces can not leave Manchuria/Korea unless PPs spent to change their HQ.
game balance issue

Karachi can not be entered by the Japs unless all other bases in India have been taken
The British main base in this area was actually in East Africa, so my thought is, if the Brits are going to withdraw from the Pacific theatre, it should be because they lost all of India, not because they lost 1 base in India

Both sides ASW search aircraft min alt 1000'. Both sides naval search min alt 5000'.
unreasonable results occur with altitudes lower than these

No more than 6 ships in an ASW TF.
the game engine only allows 6 ships maximum to attack a sub, however, it will keep searching possible ships until it has gotten its 6 attacking ships. ASW forces were typically 4 to 6 ships in strength, probably for a reason

4E bombers may not conduct naval strike missions (may conduct naval search).
IMO the historical accuracy of 4E planes attacking moving ships at sea more closely matches the results gained by 4E planes on naval search than naval strike missions

4E bombers on daylight raids min alt 20,000' in 41-42, 25,000' in 43, and 30,000' in 44-45 (or maximum altitude of the aircraft).
historically daylight raids were conducted at higher and higher altitudes as the war went on. My guess is because flak was more effective in real life than it is in the game, thus this rule to compensate

OPTIONAL:
Your call, but would like a ruling one way or the other on these issues:
1) Landings at non-base hexes yes/no
2) Landings from subs yes/no/limited -- Limited meaning 1 raid per marine raider bn (there are 4) and SNLF airborne unit (there are 3)
3) Paradrops yes/no/limited -- limited meaning either A) 1 per airborne bn/rgt or B) Only allowed on Cc hexes (there are surprisingly few Cc bases in the game over 1/4th of them in Oz/NZ). Or both.
There were only 1 airdrop by each side in the war and neither had any significant affect in game terms. But just because the commanders didnt use the forces under their command to greater effect, doesnt mean the players should be so limited (IMHO). I was a paratrooper in the army and understand the tactical advantages. I would limit the drops to Cc hexes for the following reasons:
1) drops into wooded, mountain, swamp, and urban areas are generally unhealthy. 2) dropping into a full hex I think would fall into the realm of gameyness. The Tina based at Rangoon can paradrop on every base in India or China. It isnt reasonable for the allied player to have to defend all that, and there would be many more units available in the game to garrison those areas.

Post #: 6
RE: I am looking for new WitP stock games - 6/5/2008 9:54:09 PM   
Montereytrench

do you want to use these rules?

(in reply to Morlante)
Post #: 7
RE: I am looking for new WitP stock games - 6/5/2008 10:21:55 PM   
Morlante

Yes, but if you have beter house rules, i'm open.  I never play a PBeM before.  The objectif for me, about house rules, is to eliminate gamey (spell) thing.
And to have a more historical result when we play.

Post #: 8
RE: I am looking for new WitP stock games - 6/5/2008 11:03:36 PM   
Montereytrench

then we can use these rules...send me your email in a private message and then i'll get the first turn ready

(in reply to Morlante)
Post #: 9
RE: I am looking for new WitP stock games - 6/6/2008 4:52:19 AM   
n01487477

Good luck guys ... hope you have an enjoyable game ...

Any airfield restrictions ?

No overstacking at air bases. Stick to a maximum 115% of (50 aircraft x airbase size) except for transiting/damaged aircraft. So a size 4 airbase can have a max of 230 planes.

No need to reply ... just a thought ...

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> I am looking for new WitP stock games Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI