Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ADG rules available for free?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> ADG rules available for free? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ADG rules available for free? - 6/9/2008 5:55:40 AM   
Alexander Seil

DISCLAIMER: I am a WiF noob. My only involvement with the whole franchise amounted to catching a handful of obscure bugs back in the day of CWiF. I apologize in advance if the information I request is already known to everyone.

Just wondering, it seems that the vast majority of materials necessary to play the game (including DoD3), such as rules, setup charts and such, are available directly on the WiF FE website. At the same time, there is a gigantic VASSAL (you know, a piece of software for "computerizing" boardgames) module that basically covers every product that was ever released, and was also, apparently, approved by ADG.

So, my question is - is my impression of "everything being available for free" (except for the PHYSICAL game, of course) correct and, moreover, where can I find the scenario setup charts for Patton in Flames, if those are officially released? Surprisingly, it's the only setup/rule file that I cannot seem to find online (everything else is right there on the ADG website ).

P.S. BTW, do people play the VASSAL module? It seems very well done, maybe I'll try and find an opponent for the smaller scens. once I read the rules.
Post #: 1
RE: ADG rules available for free? - 6/9/2008 7:03:54 AM   
lomyrin

Yes, both Vassal and Cyberboard are functioning versions of the boardgame.  Their problem is that there is no rule enforcement and the players, by email, must continously check and verify that all rules are obeyed. Usually there is a remote die roller progam utilized for an additional mass of emails notifying all players of all die rolls as they occur, then the players must implement the die roll results manually and according to the rules used.

Lars

(in reply to Alexander Seil)
Post #: 2
RE: ADG rules available for free? - 6/9/2008 7:51:16 AM   
Alexander Seil

Well, by the same reasoning, if you leave the game set up at someone's house, that someone could mess with it, so it's not like that problem is avoided with the boardgame.

Back to the original question, though, any chance for a Patton in Flames scenario setup spreadsheet/scan? Provided that ADG allows it (which I doubt would be a problem).

(in reply to lomyrin)
Post #: 3
RE: ADG rules available for free? - 6/9/2008 4:07:00 PM   
composer99

If you have not already done so, you may wish to check out the World in Flames discussion list on Yahoo! Groups and either check their 'Files' section for what you seek, or ask around there too.

~ Composer99

(in reply to Alexander Seil)
Post #: 4
RE: ADG rules available for free? - 6/19/2008 1:53:13 AM   
CTB123

It is expected that you own a physical copy of the game when you play via Vassal or Cyberboard.  There is debate out there on whether both or just one player needs to own a copy of the game.

(in reply to composer99)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> ADG rules available for free? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI