Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SPWaW v4.1 Limited Release Now available

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW v4.1 Limited Release Now available Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SPWaW v4.1 Limited Release Now available - 10/1/2000 1:39:00 PM   
David Heath

Hi Everyone OK we have released the SPWaW v4.1 Upgrade only. The complete SPWaW v4.1 will be online sometime Sunday. If you want to get a head start. We will be adding a another download site for SPWaW later this week. Don't forget to try out War in Russia or Pacific War.

Post #: 1
- 10/1/2000 2:30:00 PM   
Fuerte

Finally... thanks!

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 2
- 10/1/2000 3:17:00 PM   
Red Baron

YEEEEPPIIIII.. Red Baron.. ------------------ "SEMPER PARATUS" An Old Hawk Soldier Is Allways Ready!!

Post #: 3
- 10/1/2000 4:01:00 PM   
Dice4Eyes

Thanks Matrix Crew. Tryin to get to grips with PacWar as we speak, what a beast. Gary Grigsby is the man. Download SPWaW4.1 in 5.4.3.2....... ------------------ Divide et Impera Daniel E

Divide et Impera Daniel E

Post #: 4
- 10/1/2000 4:56:00 PM   
mucius

Thanks Matrix Crew! My best wishes for all your other projects. vivant, crescant, floreant! yours, mucius

derint dum metuant

Post #: 5
- 10/1/2000 5:53:00 PM   
Fuerte

I read the Licence Agreement: "It may not be reproduced in any form save for the sole purpose of making a backup copy for archival purposes. ... You may not use, copy, modify, or transfer the Software or any copy, modification, or merged portion, in whole or in part, except as expressly provided for in this Agreement. Licensee shall not decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the Software or attempt to do so. Licensee shall not rent, lease, sublicense, or transfer the Software. ... It will also terminate if Licensee fails to comply with any term or condition of this Agreement. Licensee agrees that upon such termination to destroy this Software, including all copies, functionally-equivalent derivatives, and all portions and modifications thereof in any form." So it is illegal to send cd copies to other people, and if someone does it, he must then remove the software from his computer. Also: "All saved games and current PBEM games from SPWaW v1.0, 2.0, 2.3, v3.0.23b or v4.0 will not work with SPWaW v4.1." Argh! Have to finish the PBEM game first.

Post #: 6
- 10/1/2000 6:57:00 PM   
RUsco

Thanks Matrix. I am 100% sure The work is outstanding. Downloading now.

Post #: 7
- 10/1/2000 8:41:00 PM   
Didactylos

Great work as always guys....but can you confirm for us that if we upgrade to 4.1 we will lose all current games that are saved, including secure e-mail? I only actually have one secure e-mail game going and i'm getting clobbered in it so I'll resign if 4.1 won't allow it to continue. Is there a 'what's new in 4.1' statement anywhere btw? Roger ------------------ "Do teachers go anywhere special when they die?" said Cohen. "I don't think so," said Mr Saveloy gloomily, wondering for a moment whether there really was a Great Free Period in the sky. It didn't sound very likely. Probably there would be some marking to do.

"Do teachers go anywhere special when they die?" said Cohen. "I don't think so," said Mr Saveloy gloomily, wondering for a moment whether there really was a Great Free Period in the sky. It didn't sound very likely. Probably there would be some marking to

Post #: 8
- 10/1/2000 9:07:00 PM   
Fuerte

Here it is: Steel Panthers World At War v4.1 Features, Changes, and Bug Fixes © 2000 by Matrix Games. All Rights Reserved. Protected under copyright and international treaties. No portion of this document may be reproduced without written permission from Matrix Games. STEEL PANTHERS WORLD AT WAR v4.1 FEATURES, CHANGES and BUG FIXES IN v4.1 NEW FEATURES, ENHANCEMENTS and BUG FIXES: 1. Casualties from previous battles that weren’t yet repaired were being counted as kills in the current battle in the WWII campaign and generated campaign. This is now fixed. 2. Reloading a saved game would recalculate the starting number of men in a squad (when Reduced Squads). Caused scoring problems in addition. Fixed. 3. Fixed a bug in the PBEM playback that could cause the vcr replay to end prematurely (which would cause many strange and bad problems). 4. Sniper-class units can no longer capture victory hexes. 5. Fixed problem with online games not starting with same data if reduced squads or combat ammo was chosen. 6. Increased reliability of combat results on remote machines in online games. 7. Differing OOBs or game versions in online play will no longer let you continue the game. 8. Victory hexes that score every turn will score for any turns left unfought in the battle (for example, if the other force breaks or surrenders). 9. Removed OOB cost multipliers for aircraft and artillery from the program. Values in OOBs are now used as-is. 10. Many of the preferences are now locked out during online play like they are in PBEM. 11. Online games now have a different order to the setup sequence -- selection of game type is now after the players join. This allows the next change to work. 12. Specifying “mech.exe /i” in the Combat Net filename box will allow the skipping of many of the online setup screens. It automatically fills in the correct ip address, uses the saved name, and attempts to connect three times (just in case the server is slower than you). IMPORTANT: make sure that SPWAW knows what your ip address is. Check this by running spwaw.exe and clicking “online”. If the wrong ip address is shown here (for example, if you are using a proxy or NAT to reach the internet), do not use the /i switch! 13. Fixed unit ID tags not showing up. 14. Fixed wrong formation assignment of units during scenario editing. Units of side #1 were sometimes being assigned formation letters that belong to side #2. Because of the nature of this bug, it is only truly fixed for scenarios that start buying units for side #2 from scratch, but it is only necessary to do this if the existing lettering problems bug you; there do not seem to be any ill game effects other than not being listed on the HQ menu or unit list. 15. Added a third setting to the Unit Numbers preferences, “All Units” (renamed the others “Your Infantry” and “Your Units”). This setting displays unit numbers on enemy infantry, and cannot be modified once a PBEM game or online game starts. 16. Random victory hexes now only put every-turn scoring hexes in the middle third of the map (east-west axis). 17. Fixed Done button sometimes not moving second player on side forward to deployment, also put in text for that player to explain how the process works. 18. Disabled some more of the side buttons in online games when it’s not your turn (was not behaving well when anything interesting happened while you were not on the map screen). 19. Fixed bug with random numbers used in combat results. 20. Saying ‘n’ to surrender prompt no longer ends your turn. 21. Answering ‘n’ to quitting the game would sometimes end your turn. Fixed. 22. Prevented “too many people to fit” message from popping up on other players’ screens in online play. 23. Prevented line of sight showing up on other players’ screens in deploy phase when changing facing. 24. Fixed bug that could get online game out of sync when op fire confirm was not being used. 25. Fixed units teleporting and problems with rocks appearing in online play. 26. Made default points for generated online battles same as in single player. 27. Removed breakdown & malfunction messages for the other side’s units. 28. Changed the end-of-buying process in online games with 3 or more players. Now, each person must press Done before it moves on. 29. You can no longer move your teammates’ units around in the deploy phase. (Unless you specifically grab them on the HQ menu). 30. Fixed some overlapping text on the save screen in online play. 31. Fixed problems with op fire being prematurely interrupted in online play. 32. Fixed AAA not firing at planes in online play. 33. Fixed caves, coastal guns, and immobilized units able to change facing by clicking on enemy unit. 34. Near blast damage reduced to 67% of current value vs. infantry. 35. Smaller generated battle map sizes now have shorter default turn lengths. 36. Custom maps now use 3-digit numbering system; the old 2-digit ones will still load if a 3-digit map is not found (so you don’t have to rename all the 2-digit files). 37. Made rough map graphics appear in appropriate generated battle locations. 38. Fixed inability to say ‘n’ to bail out prompt. 39. Fixed problem with reloading online autosave if one player continued for some of the next turn before quitting. It was not properly checking to make sure both people had the same saved game. 40. Fixed syncing problems with reloading online saved games. 41. Made F1, F5, i, and / keys work when it isn’t your turn in online games. 42. Plays a more noticeable sound when someone loses their connection in online play. 43. The cost of elite and second line troops is calculated as though their average morales are 80 and 60, respectively, when purchasing them (unless True Troop Cost is turned off). 44. Fixed problem with abandoned tanks not being counted as destroyed. 45. Fixed random battles always being on day 0 of the month. 46. Counter-battery fire is now synced properly in online play. 47. Fixed reinforcements not being available in PBEM generated battles. 48. Fixed problem with computer AI not using proper sighting routine in one place, and therefore acting strangely towards hidden units. 49. Vehicle breakdown chance is halved. 50. Fixed 5-foot slope around plowed fields. 51. Changed cost of moving across slopes. 52. Changed movement costs in bad weather. 53. Renamed some unit classes, changed some units’ movement classes. 54. Infantry SAM class is now Ski troops. They pay half movement cost in winter. 55. Fixed surrendering in PBEM games to show who surrendered correctly. 56. Casualty list is now cleared out before loading or starting new games. 57. Updated terrain.txt with "more breakdowns" and "less breakdowns" instead of "breakdown roll", which was on all the terrain with modified breakdowns, not necessarily worse ones. 58. Offboard artillery is now located slightly off the appropriate screen edge, centered on the y axis. This makes it so that if it is a large map and the artillery’s range doesn’t quite cover the whole map, it covers appropriate areas. 59. Fixed bug with player #2’s counter battery fire doing way too much damage. 60. Map Victory flag graphic fixed. 61. Sound files fixed. Some sound files when used with a few sound cards were causing the game to crash. 62. Combat Command and Combat Net is opened allowing for gamers to find opponents easier.

Post #: 9
- 10/1/2000 9:18:00 PM   
Fuerte

I installed 4.1 into a different directory, so I have 4.0 and 4.1 now, so that I can play that old PBEM to the finish.

Post #: 10
- 10/1/2000 9:44:00 PM   
Drex

Where do we get the 4.1 download?

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

Post #: 11
- 10/1/2000 10:02:00 PM   
Dice4Eyes

quote:

Originally posted by Drex: Where do we get the 4.1 download?
http://www.matrixgames.com/spwaw/downloads.asp Have fun Drex. ------------------ Divide et Impera Daniel E

Divide et Impera Daniel E

Post #: 12
- 10/1/2000 10:11:00 PM   
Drex

Duh? It was staring me in the face. Thanks to Dice4eyes. I'm downloading now.

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

Post #: 13
- 10/1/2000 10:11:00 PM   
Mark_Ezra

Thanks for you efforts

Post #: 14
- 10/1/2000 10:57:00 PM   
Tankhead

Hello Everyone! For those of you who have a hard time to get on the Matrixgames site you can also download the upgrade on my website. Don't forget to use your download manager. I hope this will help some of the warriors. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead.home.icq.com

Tankhead

Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW v4.1 Limited Release Now available Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI