Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Gary Grigsby’s War Between the States Now Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Gary Grigsby’s War Between the States Now Available! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gary Grigsby’s War Between the States Now Available! - 6/11/2008 7:37:14 PM   
Erik Rutins

Fix the bayonets and prepare to charge, this turn-based American Civil War strategy tour-de-force is coming your way!

Matrix Games and 2 by 3 Games (www.2by3games.com) are thrilled to announce that Gary Grigsby’s War Between the States is now available for purchase! Now gamers can experience the award winning design talent of Gary Grigsby and his team as they take us to the American Civil War in a brand new grand strategy game that is sure to be viewed as a masterpiece of the genre.

The release of this highly anticipated title comes after an in depth promotional video in addition to the release of some strategy sections of the manual and a forum after action report. Altogether, the newly available media will give gamers a clear picture of the engaging and addictive gameplay to come.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “The 2 by 3 Games design team has triumphed once again with this remarkably deep and realistic but also accessible American Civil War title. With so many wargaming classics to their names, it’s no wonder why so many gamers have hotly awaited this release!”

Taking gamers back to the American Civil War, Gary Grigsby’s War Between the States allows players to experience the trials and tribulations of the role of commander-in-chief for either side. Historically accurate, detailed and finely balanced for realistic gameplay, War Between the States is also easy to play and does not take months to finish.

Promote and cultivate talented young colonels or brigadiers to build Corps and Army commanders that will help you fight and manage the war effort from battles to training of recruits with the utmost efficiency and success. An innovative multi-faceted rank promotion system allows leaders to gain in abilities and power based on their successes, while also simulating the historical progression of leaders during the war. Each decision you make must be weighed carefully, as promoting and demoting leaders, entering neutral states, raising troops and many other actions cost you the political capital that will determine your ability to achieve victory.

Explore the historical tactics of the day to find the best way to win. Use cavalry to raid the enemy supply depots and conduct reconnaissance to determine the best place to strike and then engage the enemy head on and watch the epic push and pull of battle unfold in front of you. In between battles, the mighty Union navy or brave Confederate raiders can strangle and disrupt supply flow at critical times in your campaign. Build river gunboats and transports to exploit the strategic value of the Mississippi and entrench and fortify key locations to deny passage to the enemy.

Test your mettle and strategic vision in one of the most bitterly fought contests in history – the War Between the States.

Get more information on Gary Grigsby’s War Between the States from its product page.

< Message edited by Alex Fiedler -- 6/12/2008 10:22:52 AM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 1
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War Between the States Now Available! - 6/11/2008 8:01:36 PM   
tgb

Yay. Heading to the store now.......

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 2
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War Between the States Now Available! - 6/11/2008 9:49:51 PM   
Terminus

Congrats on getting this title out of the door. Looks good!

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 3
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War Between the States Now Available! - 6/12/2008 2:01:21 AM   
hgilmer

Now. AE.....

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 4
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War Between the States Now Available! - 6/12/2008 6:06:50 AM   
VI66_slith

...getting mine and I have been eagerly awaiting this one....

"Many, who should know better, think that wars can be decided by soulless machines, rather than by the blood and anguish of brave men." ~Patton

(in reply to hgilmer)
Post #: 5
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War Between the States Now Available! - 6/12/2008 12:03:02 PM   
The Bubba

Downloading as we speak. Im am most definently sure that this game will get tons of play time. In fact, Ive already made the decision to take several other beloved Matrix titles of my laptop.

(in reply to VI66_slith)
Post #: 6
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War Between the States Now Available! - 6/17/2008 12:19:40 AM   
Widell

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Bubba
...Ive already made the decision to take several other beloved Matrix titles of my laptop.

You need a bigger hard drive!

(in reply to The Bubba)
Post #: 7
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War Between the States Now Available! - 6/25/2008 11:34:24 PM   
CEDeaton

Is it available in the brick and mortar stores yet, or just online?

Semper Fi,
Craig

It's always pilot error. Sometimes the idiot just doesn't know how to fly a broken aircraft.

(in reply to Widell)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Gary Grigsby’s War Between the States Now Available! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI