Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/11/2008 5:57:04 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Everyone,

v1.03 has been checked and signed off on by everyone. The official release will likely be Thursday to the general public, but rather than make you wait we've posted it to our Members Club for download now. This is not a beta, it's the official v1.03 release that will be announced later this week.

How to Download from the Members Club:

1. Click on the MEMBERS link in our top navigation bar to get to the Members Club. If you don't already have a Members Club login (this is separate from the Forum login) then you'll have to create one (click on Sign Up Now). Assuming you've created one, login to the Members Club (click on log-in).

2. Once you've logged in, you need to register your copy of John Tiller's Campaign Series. Click on "Register Game" in the left menu of links or "Register You Game" (typo there, whoops) in the central links.

3. Choose John Tiller's Campaign Series from the drop-down list, type in your serial number and register it by clicking on the Register Game button.

4. Now that you've registered, click on My Games in the left menu of links.

5. John Tiller's Campaign Series should show up in that list. You should see a "Private Downloads" link next to it. Click on "Private Downloads" next to John Tiller's Campaign Series in your My Games list.

6. You should now see a link to download the v1.03 udate. Once you've downloaded it, run it to install it in your existing JTCS installation.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 1
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/11/2008 6:12:57 AM   
pcpilot

Glad to hear Eric. Thanks to you, Jason, and all the others for all the work youve done. Cant wait to try it out.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 2
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/11/2008 6:32:21 AM   
Tiger88_slith

Eric and Jason - I want to humbly thank you for your work in getting us crazy die-hards the newest version/patch for the CS! My hat is off to all involved with this game. I know many of the team are just die-hards as well that take/took their personal time in getting things to this point!

Salute!!

(in reply to pcpilot)
Post #: 3
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/11/2008 6:32:37 AM   
Jason Petho

A couple of things:

1. READ the updated manual.

2. Take the time to play the new BOOTCAMP scenarios found in East Front.

Jason Petho

(in reply to pcpilot)
Post #: 4
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/11/2008 6:46:03 AM   
mikul82

Thank you guys very much for this massive update!  This is my favorite wargame series (and the ones that got me into "real" PC wargaming) so I'm really glad to see them supported here!

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 5
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/11/2008 7:13:32 AM   
e_barkmann

much w00tage .....thanks team!   

Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

(in reply to mikul82)
Post #: 6
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/11/2008 8:00:07 AM   
willy g

Thanks everyone who worked on this update/patch, you guys rock and we bow down to you!!!

(in reply to e_barkmann)
Post #: 7
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/11/2008 9:35:16 AM   
Ron Belcher

I can't say anymore that hasn't already been said !  

I'm in Heaven.. "ouch!" Wife reminded me that I'm not yet at the pearly gates! lol

Cleaning up the house and then.. hitting the bootcamps ! Looks like I need to make a
run for some energy drinkz ! Good times...
God Bless you guys !

Artwork graciously provided by Rogueusmc

(in reply to willy g)
Post #: 8
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/11/2008 9:59:16 AM   
Brother Jayne

Well crap
I just cracked my CD case and it's empty. Is there any way to be reissued your serial key, or would I have to buy another copy of this game to patch?

(in reply to Ron Belcher)
Post #: 9
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/11/2008 10:04:42 AM   
Brother Jayne

Nevermind, I found it!

(in reply to Brother Jayne)
Post #: 10
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/11/2008 1:30:25 PM   
Temple

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

A couple of things:

1. READ the updated manual.

2. Take the time to play the new BOOTCAMP scenarios found in East Front.

Jason Petho

Well, *rats*, I'm stuck at work and can't play and also can't read the darn manual during lunch! Wish I had checked the forum last night . Still, happy that 1.03 is out, I'm needing some motivation to play a wargame.

Post #: 11
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/11/2008 1:55:08 PM   
sfinlay

Speaking as some one who originally was just pleased to be able to play my favourite game on my Vista machine, this patch just takes the game to a whole new dimension. Even a quick look shows just how much hard work has gone into it, no one can deny that. Thanks guys, you all deserve every bit of praise, (and a rest)

(in reply to Temple)
Post #: 12
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/11/2008 2:09:38 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brother Jayne
Well crap
I just cracked my CD case and it's empty. Is there any way to be reissued your serial key, or would I have to buy another copy of this game to patch?

First, if the game is still installed, look in its installation folder for a file called "serialreg.txt" that stores your serial number.

Second, if you registered you can retrieve your serial number from our Members Club.

Third, you can go to our store lookup at www.findmyorder.com and retrieve all your past order info including serial numbers and download links.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Brother Jayne)
Post #: 13
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/11/2008 2:14:24 PM   
Temple

Speaking of manuals, does the new one dispense with the watermark backgrounds so it's easier to read when printed? I finally had broken down and bought myself one of those "long reach" staplers so I can bind the printout into a booklet. Or are we going to need a "light" one like we had before? Sadly I won't be able to find out for myself for several more hours, since a 167MB download at work is pushing things a bit . Must check forum at night, must check forum at night, must check... 

Post #: 14
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/11/2008 10:46:05 PM   
timshin42

Definitely worth the wait! Thank you Jason, Erik, the Beta Brigade, Matrix and all others involved in making the very greatest wargame ever even greater!

timshin42
"Freedom isn't free"

(in reply to sfinlay)
Post #: 15
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/11/2008 11:09:58 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Temple
Speaking of manuals, does the new one dispense with the watermark backgrounds so it's easier to read when printed? I finally had broken down and bought myself one of those "long reach" staplers so I can bind the printout into a booklet. Or are we going to need a "light" one like we had before? Sadly I won't be able to find out for myself for several more hours, since a 167MB download at work is pushing things a bit . Must check forum at night, must check forum at night, must check... 

The game includes both the standard E-Book version and a "print-friendly" version that has no backgrounds on the pags.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Temple)
Post #: 16
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/12/2008 12:21:03 AM   
sfinlay

Can anyone tell me where the printer friendly version is located after installation ? Thanks.

Post #: 17
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/12/2008 1:34:42 AM   
Erik Rutins

It should be in the Start Menu under the game folder in the Documentation sub-folder.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to sfinlay)
Post #: 18
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/12/2008 1:54:55 AM   
sfinlay

Hi Erik, there only appears to be the "normal" manual, along with the licence agreement, bootcamp and hints and tips docs etc.
I had a look in the actual manuals folder within the John Tillers Campaing Series folder but again there is only the "normal" manual present ?

Post #: 19
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/12/2008 1:56:17 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hm - ok, sounds like we missed a file then. I'll check this tomorrow morning and make sure it's fixed in the official release. I'll post it up in the Members Club as well at that point as a separate file.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to sfinlay)
Post #: 20
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/12/2008 4:40:52 AM   
Temple

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hm - ok, sounds like we missed a file then. I'll check this tomorrow morning and make sure it's fixed in the official release. I'll post it up in the Members Club as well at that point as a separate file.

You mean *after* I printed out the one with the backgrounds? . Oh well, it's just paper and some (no doubt toxic) toner.

Post #: 21
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/13/2008 2:13:12 AM   
Tim41

I'll schedule my guy to apply the patch and give her one more try (removing all older versions of the game on all three operating systems)....SHOULD I WAIT FOR THE GENERAL RELEASE OR USE THE "SUPER SECRET DOUBLE PROBATION PLAN" ABOVE ("WHATEVER THAT IS")? Members Club......WTF?
Just a reminder Jason: you promised to advise me personally when this thing worked... I've been playing the older version...waiting (not altogether patiently) for 1.03. Off to the Ostheer with you!
All jest aside...I really hope this works because it's gonna cost me.
Really..should I wait for the public release....?

Post #: 22
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/13/2008 3:24:13 AM   
e_barkmann

quote:

OR USE THE "SUPER SECRET DOUBLE PROBATION PLAN" ABOVE ("WHATEVER THAT IS")? Members Club......WTF?

you never cease to amaze.  One wonders why Jason and Matrix persevere so much with helpful comments such as this, that only require reading of official announcements to be comprehended - by normal people of course.

No need to respond, you're plonked, thank goodness.

Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

(in reply to Tim41)
Post #: 23
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/13/2008 3:54:56 AM   
Tim41

I can't wait to be off this site. Waiting this long? Please. I've tried humor, but alas.
Matrix released a flawed game and used the public to play test it and I'm plonked?
They lost a customer. That's what counts, not a select group. It better be playable or they can refund the money.
The kid who mentioned Starship Trooper got flayed. That game out sold any version of this game a thousand times. Since it came in the box.
Chris.Foff. You're a big fish in a little pond.

(in reply to e_barkmann)
Post #: 24
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/13/2008 4:01:44 AM   
1925frank

And on a different note, for the manual download, I get a "530 Permission Denied" or something comparable.  What does this mean?  Will I still be able to download the manual? 

(in reply to Tim41)
Post #: 25
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/13/2008 4:19:11 AM   
MrRoadrunner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tim41

I can't wait to be off this site. Waiting this long? Please. I've tried humor, but alas.
Matrix released a flawed game and used the public to play test it and I'm plonked?
They lost a customer. That's what counts, not a select group. It better be playable or they can refund the money.
The kid who mentioned Starship Trooper got flayed. That game out sold any version of this game a thousand times. Since it came in the box.
Chris.Foff. You're a big fish in a little pond.

Goodbye tim. I cannot say it was nice knowing you.

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

(in reply to Tim41)
Post #: 26
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/13/2008 5:22:01 PM   
1925frank

quote:

ORIGINAL: flying scotsman

Hi Erik, there only appears to be the "normal" manual, along with the licence agreement, bootcamp and hints and tips docs etc.
I had a look in the actual manuals folder within the John Tillers Campaing Series folder but again there is only the "normal" manual present ?

I think I've discovered the same thing.

I was able to access the manual on the Members page, and it is the 2007 original Matrix release manual.

I haven't tried to access the manual in the actual 1.03 patch. Flying Scotsman seems to say it's not there either, but I've read other posts that indicate the revised manual is there, because other posts discuss the new bootcamps.

My understanding is the revised Matrix manual that encompasses the Patch 1.03 material will be on the Members page next week. Is that correct? That's what I gathered from Erik's response to Flying Scotsman.

(in reply to sfinlay)
Post #: 27
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/13/2008 5:39:14 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Temple
You mean *after* I printed out the one with the backgrounds? . Oh well, it's just paper and some (no doubt toxic) toner.

Oops, sorry.

The v1.03 manual is there, just not the print friendly version, so at least you did print the right manual!

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Temple)
Post #: 28
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/13/2008 5:40:27 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tim41
I'll schedule my guy to apply the patch and give her one more try (removing all older versions of the game on all three operating systems)....SHOULD I WAIT FOR THE GENERAL RELEASE OR USE THE "SUPER SECRET DOUBLE PROBATION PLAN" ABOVE ("WHATEVER THAT IS")? Members Club......WTF?

At this point, I'd wait for the official release if the installation is a big deal for you. If you want to use the version that's out now, just follow the instructions at the top to download it.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Tim41)
Post #: 29
RE: v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club - 6/13/2008 5:40:58 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Merchant
you never cease to amaze.  One wonders why Jason and Matrix persevere so much with helpful comments such as this, that only require reading of official announcements to be comprehended - by normal people of course.
No need to respond, you're plonked, thank goodness.

Chris, I took no offense, no need to worry about this kind of stuff.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to e_barkmann)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> v1.03 Update Now Available in Members Club Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI